“Dirty and overpriced.”
Review of Guest Inn

Guest Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Sweetwater
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Spent one night here on our way home from Florida. We thought it would be an okay hotel as it had a AAA logo on the door. We entered the room, which was horribly cold, to find dirty and stained walls and what appeared to be water damage at the base of the walls near the bathroom. I have paid less to stay in much better places. We did not even stay for the included breakfast because we just wanted to leave.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Graffiti on doors and bathroom, carpet wet around bathroom, water spewing from handles in tub, had to clean bath before using, heater barely warmed room, my worst experience ever in a motel. Do Not look at pics or other ratings, they must be rating it them self.

Room Tip: Find another Motel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Don W
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

I am sorry to hear of your experience with us. If we had known of your problems, we would have been happy to have assisted you with a move.
The indoor pool is available to our guests and we would have been more than happy to have unlocked the pool area.
I apologize you missed our breakfast. Our breakfast is an extended continental. We have milk, apple juice, orange juice and coffee, as well as, hot cereal, cold cereal, bagels, English muffins, toast and donuts. Everything is put out fresh every morning.
For your troubles, I would like to extend a flat rate of $46 "out the door" on your next trip.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here for one night. It was delightful, the staff was not just friendly but attentive to the customers’ needs. The room was large clean and well kept. I would I stay again and plan to. I do some contact reviewing work and this will be the perfect place to come hide away from noise and interruptions. .

Room Tip: Ground floor near front desk, easy to get to and very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you for your nice comments and wonderful review. We are always glad to hear that our staff and housekeeping has been attentive to our guests needs. We are pleased you will consider us for your future trips. Thank you again.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My family had to travel to Sweetwater for my grandfather's funeral. A family member made reservations for all of us at the Hilltop and it was the biggest mistake of our lives. The place was FILTHY!!! The owners, a sweet Indian couple were very nice. They were kind to us and spoke to us often but I would never stay there again. I actually took pictures of all the damage & dirt because I knew people would not believe it. There were poop splashes on the bathroom walls. There were blood stains on the walls. The lamp did not work. IT had been taped numerous times and just would not cut on so it was very dark. There were electric cords & cable cords just plugged into a hole that was cut out of the wall - with no outlet cover. Everything looked like it was about to fall our of the wall: AC unit, the shower rod, toilet paper holder. I was truly afraid to use the shower b/c of filth & the rod was barely hanging on- dangerous. When I finally got enough nerve to shower, there was NO hot water. The pool was horribly dirty. So, dirty, we couldn't get in. We tried the indoor pool, there were so many spider webs - my kids were afraid to touch anything, let alone enjoy a swim. DIRTY!! DIRTY!! DIRTY!!

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

We are sorry that your room was not satisfactory and for any inconvenience that it may have caused you on your trip. We do thank you for bringing to our attention our shortcomings. We have had our housekeeping and maintenance staff attend and resolve the issues.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My Grandson and I were traveling from Brooksville, Florida to Farmer City, Illinois and decided to stop for the night. There's 3 hotels at that exit and the Hilltop was the friendliest. The female manager was great. We had 2 small Chihuahuas with us and was afraid we would have a hard time getting a room with them that we could afford. The manager was able to assist us with a great room on the ground floor. The only problem we had was not being able to connect with the internet which I forgot to ask about. Also there was not many areas for the dogs to potty. I would recommend the Hilltop as a place to stay. Needs more towels in rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive review. It is always nice to hear that our staff is helpful.
We do have additional towels available at the front desk. and will confirm internet at check in, in the future. We are always happy to accommodate you and your wonderful pets!
We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Thank you.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stopped by sweet water to rest on our way to Ft Stewart Ga from Ohio and found this pet friendly hotel. Price was cheap beds were very comfy. Man at the desk very nice . Ac worked great!! Only suggestions would be more towels in rooms and replace wallpaper. Breakfast was sufficient with juice coffee bagels cereal donuts. We will defiantly stay again

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank JessicaP366
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Thanks A Lot for your possitive review, your review makes us very optimistic to get better and give better hospitality to our guests, We will be glad to Welcome you on next visit.

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

My husband &I paid $80 for the room passed dirty outdoor pool on way to the room. We opened our rooms door to find it had NEVER been cleaned at all from the last guest! I thought I'd seen it all til that..ugh.My husband went to get our money back&the manager argued&refused but after his persistance finally called the owner &got the refund for our 30 second stay in that room.run away from here anywhere else is better.

• Stayed: June 2013
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Guest- We apologize for Renting the Dirty room by "Mistake".House Keeping missed that room in list of cleaning rooms. We also sorry that we tried our best to give you clean room but it did not worked. also want to let you know that our Indoor Pool, Hot tub and "Out Door Pool "too are all open for guest, we had to delay out door pool due to rainy weather.
Our Staff called me and try to resolve the problem as best as they can but it did not worked. Though we gave you Full Refund ,We will still give you 25% discount on your next visit to Re-emburse the inconvenience you had.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweetwater
Rodeway Inn Sweetwater
#1 of 1 in Athens
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#7 of 7 in Sweetwater

Been to Guest Inn? Share your experiences!