“Older but nice”

Guest Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Sweetwater
“Older but nice”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Clean, very friendly staff if you take time to say hello, nice view of the valley below, comfortable beds. No musty motel smell. Continental b'fast a bit on the weak side, but otherwise, a very good place to stay and we really enjoyed it. We were en route from Alabama to go snow skiing. Thankfully, the motel chain we tried first was full. This older hotel on the hill above was much more charming.

Stayed February 2014
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
We appreciate your Kind Words and Nice review , We would like to say THANK-YOU for your stay at hotel , we Hope that you will visit our Hotel on your next Travel too.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stopped there for a night on our way to Gatlinburg. Staff was friendly and offered us a great deal on one of their suites. And their suites are huge!!! The view from outside the hotel is breath taking.

Room Tip: Get a suite if travelling with family. Worth spending the extra money for the space you get.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Mr. Karim .L We Admire your creative observation about our location and quality of our rooms.
Thanks a LOT For Your stay at our Hotel,we would be glad to welcome you with your Family always when ever you travel in this area.
Hayesville
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Let me begin by stating, I did not stay at this hotel. I checked in went to my room and was appalled. The room was dirty and smelled. I checked the bed and linens, The mattress APPEARED TO BE OLD AND IN NEED OF REPLACEMENT. AS I PREVIOUSLY STATED,I DID NOT STAY HERE. I returned to the front desk to tell them the room would not work I also expressed concern about my safety, as I was traveling alone and a man was sitting in the breezeway drinking out of a bottle wrapped in a paper bag. When I brought this up to the girl at the desk, she informed me. that people hang out there and she would have him removed. I told her at that time I was not comfortable with the hotel. She was rude and told me no refunds. I gave her back the key and called my credit card company and had the charge removed. I have now filed a dispute as the hotel used my card number and recharged me for the room. I travel about 175 day's of the year. I was not expecting a 5 star hotel. I do however expect clean and safe. I recommend the econo lodge. the rooms are new,

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
hilltophotel60exit, Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
YOUR CREDIT CARD HAS BEEN REFUNDED IN FULL
After you signed the credit card slip, as you left within 5 minutes, there was no way we could recharge the credit card. As a security measure, we only have access to the last 4 numbers of your card. We also have a 24 hour cancellation policy. As you wanted to rent the cheapest room, with a free service animal, we gave you our extended low cost rate.
The front desk called me and tried to resolve the issue. She offered you a PREMIUM ROOM, at no additional cost, but you declined.
After you left, we expected a call back to give us your credit card number to give a refund. However, we were surprised when we did not receive your call. As we had only the last 4 numbers of your credit card, we had to call the credit card service provider and tell them to refund the amount on your card. It took additional effort and time to refund the money in this manner on your card. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience on your side.

Travellers are raving about these Sweetwater hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Ended up having to stay here unexpected, due to the weather. Initially skeptical, due to a lack of obvious other guests, the check in was quick and easy. I didn't seem to have any of the problems that the previous people had. I was happy to find my room clean and comfortable and while it was at first cold in the room, I had no problem after a little bit and the heat seemed to work fine. Check out was just as easy and the breakfast more than just the basic coffee and donuts. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thanks Devia for you review and your business,please come back when ever you are in this area.
London, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Spent one night here on our way home from Florida. We thought it would be an okay hotel as it had a AAA logo on the door. We entered the room, which was horribly cold, to find dirty and stained walls and what appeared to be water damage at the base of the walls near the bathroom. I have paid less to stay in much better places. We did not even stay for the included breakfast because we just wanted to leave.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Graffiti on doors and bathroom, carpet wet around bathroom, water spewing from handles in tub, had to clean bath before using, heater barely warmed room, my worst experience ever in a motel. Do Not look at pics or other ratings, they must be rating it them self.

Room Tip: Find another Motel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Don W
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
I am sorry to hear of your experience with us. If we had known of your problems, we would have been happy to have assisted you with a move.
The indoor pool is available to our guests and we would have been more than happy to have unlocked the pool area.
I apologize you missed our breakfast. Our breakfast is an extended continental. We have milk, apple juice, orange juice and coffee, as well as, hot cereal, cold cereal, bagels, English muffins, toast and donuts. Everything is put out fresh every morning.
For your troubles, I would like to extend a flat rate of $46 "out the door" on your next trip.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here for one night. It was delightful, the staff was not just friendly but attentive to the customers’ needs. The room was large clean and well kept. I would I stay again and plan to. I do some contact reviewing work and this will be the perfect place to come hide away from noise and interruptions. .

Room Tip: Ground floor near front desk, easy to get to and very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thank you for your nice comments and wonderful review. We are always glad to hear that our staff and housekeeping has been attentive to our guests needs. We are pleased you will consider us for your future trips. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweetwater
Quality Inn
Days Inn Sweetwater
Days Inn Sweetwater
#1 of 7 in Sweetwater
Red Roof Inn & Suites Athens

Been to Guest Inn? Share your experiences!