“Pleasant Suprise in Sweetwater TN”
Review of Guest Inn

Guest Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Sweetwater
White Haven, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant Suprise in Sweetwater TN”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Our Family had a Family Reunion in Sweetwater TN last week and we were'nt sure if we'd be able to make it, hotel prices were kinda high for our budget and we invited our grown kids to travel with us. We were on a real budget yet we had a good feeling that if we pushed our way out there we'd find just the right place at the right spot and for the right money. There was my husband and I and two of our kids (ages 21 & 22 ) , the other two couldn't make it. Normally when price isn't an option we stay at a local EMBASSY Suite because they have suites and its always enough room for a family. Well, after stopping at many local hotels on the strip we went to the HILL TOP HOTEL. To our suprise they had suites (which stoped us from having to get two rooms). Although we didn't notice any elevators there was a beautiful spiral stair case leading to he rooms, an indoor and outdoor pool and a jacuzzi. The suites were equipped with coffe pots, irons and iron board mini fridges and a microwave. The hotel offered a continental breakfast daily and even after it was over Mrs.Ali was kind enough to make me and my family a fresh pot of coffee to be enjoyed through out the morning. The owners Mr & Mrs. Ali, and the night Clerk/ Hostess were so accomodating. As we looked to venture out in the area they gave great advice as to the many places we could tour and eat. We would definately stay there again and even recommend to our family ,that our next family reunion be held there. The Hilltop Hotel was truly pleasant surprise in Sweetwater TN. At the end of our stay Mr. Ali gave us a tour of his many banquet facilities, full commercial kitchen and bar( they would accomodate any large or small event) . It is our hope that this review sends other individuals, guests , families, and business travelers to the HillTop and that it lets people know there is another option outside of the bigger brand name hotels in the area. Mr. Ali and his staff worked with our budget and truly made our trip to Sweetwater a most enjoyable one. Do check out this hotel for your next stay. Nothing Fancy but great hospitality and a comfortable home away from home.

Room Tip: the rooms were adverage sized and keep in mind there are suites with a bedroom and a king size bed...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sherry U
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
It was great pleasure to meet your Family Mr /Mrs Upton and Thanks for your so kind words and review ,your opinion and ideas about our Hotel has generated too much positive impact on our way of expressing our hospitality , we will be surely delighted when you visit us again ,we will be looking forward to see you both with your family,we will also glad to host your Family Reunion at our hotel, it will a great honor for us to be hosting that event every year. Thanking you all

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was traveling and it was getting late at night so I decided to stop in at Hilltop since it was right off the exit. I enjoyed my stay, clean hotel. Of course its not a Holiday Inn but for a private brand, it has great service. --- The big plus for this hotel is the location, its right on a hilltop with great forestry and views of the sunset/sunrise. I went swimming in the morning, which was probably my favorite part of the stay, good clean pool with good company. It was an unique stay, not your cookie cut hotel, which I enjoyed. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Noah A
Thank you so much for your positive review. We are so glad you stayed with us and hope to see you again in your travels. We are so glad you took advantage of the spectacular views that we have to offer. And, we are happy that you were able to enjoy our great outdoor pool during your visit. Come and stay with us again soon. Thank you, again.
Fairburn, Georgia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Hilltop was clean, very friendly and helpful front desk staff. The room was well equipped. The bathroom was clean. The beds were clean and very comfortable. Checking in and out was so simple. Very quiet location. Close to Interstate and restaurants. My daughter and I stayed there and it was our first time. We would go back if and when the need arises. The road going up to the hotel does need some work on the pavement but that will come in time I'm sure (not that it was impassable just needed some paving). As a matter of fact we missed breakfast on Saturday morning the beds were comfortable and very quiet. Maybe the next time.

Room Tip: We were placed on the lower floor facing the parking area and the restaurant.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your great review. We are so happy you and your daughter were pleased with your stay and we invite you back to stay with us anytime.
Haslett, Michigan
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Easy off/on I-75 Exit 60, half way on our Florida trip. We stayed here twice...on our way there and back. Very pleasant and accommodating staff. Southern hospitality shines brightly here. It will be even better when they complete the scheduled TV upgrades. Really appreciated the onsite laundry facilities for the case of pop incident that occurred drenching our travel clothes on the first day of our vacation. Great Wi-Fi speeds too. All of the staff was very friendly and willing to help in any way they could. We took advantage of a coupon book pricing on the way back. Good value and convenient.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your business and your kind words. We hope you can be our guest again soon. We are glad you found our staff friendly and our facilities accommodating. We will soon be doing that digital upgrade to the televisions. Thank you.
Bloomdale, Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Walked in the room and the first thing we find is a mattress with blood on it boxspring torn open cockroaches on the wall bathroom ceiling water damage curtain rod bent. Immediately walked out the room and return to the office request our money back. Cockroach motel crack house

• Stayed March 2014
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We are sorry that you had very bad experience staying at our hotel, we would have been glad to change or upgrade your room , but you decided to get full refund and gave us no chance to show us our hospitality. we will still give you 50 % of on your next visit if you decide to come back.

Travellers are raving about these Sweetwater hotels

Parsons, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 March 2014

First they put me in a room for a weekly rate I get a call at 9:00pm AFTER I'm asleep telling me they put me in wrong room and I have to move to the other side of hotel then two days later at midnight I get a knock on the door waking me up telling me he was doing his nightly security rounds and to top it off I get a call that morning saying he heard a dog bark and I didn't pay a pet fee witch I had a receipt to prove I did. I don't recommend this place to anyone $329 worth of hell..HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest , We are extremely sorry for inconvenience to you, we had new person working at late night and he got all confused with rooms to sell for no pets and with pats.we would never had imagined to give you such experience at hotel, we apologize for all the trouble you had.
thanking you.
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Clean, very friendly staff if you take time to say hello, nice view of the valley below, comfortable beds. No musty motel smell. Continental b'fast a bit on the weak side, but otherwise, a very good place to stay and we really enjoyed it. We were en route from Alabama to go snow skiing. Thankfully, the motel chain we tried first was full. This older hotel on the hill above was much more charming.

Stayed February 2014
hilltophotel60exit, General Manager at Guest Inn, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
We appreciate your Kind Words and Nice review , We would like to say THANK-YOU for your stay at hotel , we Hope that you will visit our Hotel on your next Travel too.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweetwater
Quality Inn
Americas Best Value Inn - Loudon
Hampton Inn Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
#1 of 9 in Athens

Been to Guest Inn? Share your experiences!