Motor Inns of America(Madisonville)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$49
US$47
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My Wife, Cassie and I stayed there for our anniversary this past weekend ( Aug. 8,9, and 10) We have stayed here several times under the former owner and, have always enjoyed and, looked forward to our stay however, this time was very different. I had made the reservation about a month earlier, Since we were coming in on our Motorcycles, the owner suggested the "Harley Cabin" I agreed. When we arrived, we were shown ( by a nice young man ) to the "cabin" I was extremely underwhelmed. The "cabin" was small, very dark, and not very well laid out. I asked for a change to the studio cabin and, we were moved to there. We had stayed in that cabin before and, that was satisfactory. We found the cabin had obviously not had any attention in quite some time, the floor was dirty, I had to ask for a broom and dustpan to sweep up as there were none provided ( as there had previously been ) I got one and my wife swept up the floor, removed the spider and cob webs and, made it a bit more tidy ( The broom and dustpan disappeared the next day ) The sheets and mattress cover did not fit the bed and, were constantly sliding off. however, we made do. While there was in-room coffee, the cups were dirty and there was no dishwashing soap available to wash them. I found out that the "restaurant" Does not open until 9 AM (unless you ask) We decided to have coffee and the Cheese Omelet breakfast our first morning and, again, I was underwhelmed. For $21.00 I got 2 reasonably decent omelets, and approximately 2 tablespoons of "home fries" and 2 pieces of plain toast. That certainly made up my mind about dinner ! This was probably for the best however, since the restaurant / Bar closes at 9 PM ( around dinner time ) I was also confused about the famous BBQ, since I saw no sign of a smoker anywhere ? Needless to say, we ate elsewhere. That evening, we experienced a beautiful mountain rain storm, outside on the porch of our cabin it was lovely, however the fact that it was also raining INSIDE the cabin was not so nice. A couple of other things were also very inconvenient : The road had been graveled and graded however the parking lot was extremely rutted and makes it very hard to park a motorcycle or, even turn one around, The concrete landing at the bottom of the drive is great if it is maintained, however the steep grade covered in loose gravel that is not kept swept is very dangerous for motorcycles to enter or exit. While the young Lady and, Gentleman were extremely nice, they did not provide the hospitality we had come to enjoy from the previous management and, their lack of experience in the hospitality industry is quite evident. ( Nice, just need training ) We come to Tellico almost every year, sometimes more than once, and, usually look forward to our stay at your lodge, but, sadly, our experience has caused us to look for other accommodations for our next trip. I did not write this to be mean-spirited, hopefully, it will give you some insight into what travelers ( and Bikers) like, and, dislike, and, you will use it as constructive criticism, as it was intended. Sincerely, Dan E. Bruner

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DanBruner
ngorgeous, Owner at Mountain Creek Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

I am so sorry that you were disappointed with the accommodations. Unfortunately, we were not operating the business in August 2014. The business was sold in 2013 and we just got it back in March 2015. We would love for you to give us another chance to show you what the word "hospitality" means. Our new Manager, Mark Piganelli, who is also a Chef, will make sure that your stay is a wonderful one! p.s. We can also offer you a discount to make up for the unpleasant experience you had in August 2014.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed in one of the hotel type rooms for 2 nights back in May, and it was the absolute best weekend I could have had with my husband for our anniversary. I wanted to take him star gazing, as he is very interested in space. We couldn't have lucked out any more when we chose to stay at Mountain Creek Hideaway and Grille. The staff is so friendly it's like you are staying with family. Bo's food was beyond delicious, especially the ribs! And I'm not even a rib person. Everything was affordable and our room was clean. I cannot wait to go back!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lacy D
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Do yourself a favor and arrange a get-a-way to this wonderful place. We have stayed here several times over the years, and just completed our stay last weekend and it just gets better and better. The new owners are dedicated to Service and making your stay "one to remember". The rates are so reasonable and the food (especially the breakfast French Toast and the dinner fish basket) is very, very good...all that and the place is CLEAN! You can even have a bonfire, complete with marshmallows, if you want.... (we had a TOGA Party!!!). The huge outdoor deck complete with a live band and Oldies music was wonderful. Our mini family reunion was a blast and we plan to do it again soon.

Room Tip: The cabins are a good deal too!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KarenAla2014
Libby B, Owner at Mountain Creek Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words.....getting to meet folks like you is the reason we bought this place. We enjoyed having you and your family stay with us - you guys are really awesome! Hopefully there will be something else new and improved on your next visit. See you soon!! Bo and Libby

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The four of us recently stayed two nights. I think we were the only guests and it was very quite and peaceful. The new owner, Bo and his daughter are new at this so they're learning as they go along. The cabin we stayed in was a two bedroom with a kitchen. There was no cell phone service and the wifi was sporadic but going off the grid was nice. We had a nice tv but no connection but there were plenty of free DVD movies available at the front desk so we watched them. The lodge had a restaurant and the food was good, more home cooking than hotel style and the staff was more like family than hotelier. What they lacked in experience more than made up with enthusiasm. It was very affordable and an enjoyable experience. We look forward to a return trip! Thanks a lot for everything!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Maxie M
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My wife and her grandmother were on a road trip and two stops were the Cherohala Skyway and the Tail of the Dragon. Tall Pines is conveniently located a few minutes from the entrance to the Cherohala and is prepared with rooms for any size. They have cabins, rooms and are also a stop to camp.

We had an issue with the cabin we rented initially and the caretaker Mark took care of it immediately. Mark was the absolute best to deal with. He set us up in the rooms they have there at the lodge and everything was clean and very enjoyable. The showers work great and there is also DirectTV and a ton of flicks in the lodge if you are looking to chill. A beautiful view sits outside of your window and all is quiet.

The food at the restaurant is surprisingly really good. I did not expect to get this kind of service at the top of a mountain, the breakfast, lunch and dinner were great and made to order.

If you are looking for a great place to stay, eat and be conveniently located near the Cherohala, Tall Pines is the best! Call Mark and he will take care of you every step of the way. Wish we could have stayed longer

Room Tip: Ask for the back deck because your backdrop is beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family