“Riversong Cabin is like a visit to Your Favorite Aunt's”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Wright Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
The Wright Cabins
Vincent, Alabama, United States
“Riversong Cabin is like a visit to Your Favorite Aunt's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

In response to the negative review about Riversong in 2011, I would like to give you my review of Riversong Cabin. I live in Alabama and my sister-in-law and I refer to Riversong, as our home away from home!! We have visited there about 5 different times since May, 2012. Riversong is quaint, cozy, relaxing and has the most well quipped kitchen of any rental property, I have visited. It is like going to your favorite aunt's. I have NEVER experienced a problem with Internet connection. I have an IPad which I always take with me!! We have NEVER had a problem with the refrigerator???? The review in 2011, is inaccurate and unfortunate for such nice and accompanying folks as Warren and Peggy Wright!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Patricia M R

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Attalla, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

Sitting, listening to sounds of this beautiful little bit of heaven I try never to think of home. I feel like I'm home. The cabins are so well build and even tho I hear cars in the distance all I see is trees at Doves Nest. Walking in knee deep leaves, the church bells mixed in with the fussing of dried leaves still on the trees sounds reminds me of my childhood.
The Wright's have always maked my trip perfect even when I drop in unexpected. Great bed, good water, clean room, lots of trees, close to park and good food within a mile.
When work gets crazy, life's too busy, or I just want to study I call Peggy Wright and Wright Cabins!
Peggy your the best!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Tastetester11
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

We were booked for Crow's Nest which was absolutely charming. The only concern we had was leaving our trailer and motorcycles away from the cabin due to the steep driveway. From the minute I called Peggy with our concern, she and Warren were there to help. She gave us our choice of all of the available cabins and we found Momma's cabin to be easily accessible with the trailer and bikes. I don't know that I have encountered this degree of concern for our comfort any place before! It was so quiet and peaceful and it really feels as if you are the only cabin around. if you want to avoid the hustle and bustle of a tourist trap, stay in Townsend at The Wright Cabin's. I can tell you that you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lilponchmom
Townsend, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Mountain Breeze.
Excellent cabin to get away in. Whole cabin is clean, awesome feel to it. Love the patio, nice breeze and Great Grill!!
I have stayed in many of the Wright's cabins, and this is definitely one of the top ones they have.
Wonderful people to work with, reasonable rates , very very clean cabins, all you need is to bring your food and clothes. Have everything else there for you.
Its a home away from home

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank cewing2301
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

God is great, Life is good and Riversong is a piece of heaven in Tennessee. After staying in different locations over the last 30 years in Townsend, we finally found Riversong! Not difficult to find even in the dark with great directions from Ms. Peggy. It is an extremely comfortable, clean, cozy, charming, homey, cabin ..everything we could possible want or need to unwind at a good price for retirees. It is well furnished with everyday needs, internet access, telephone connect, cable TV (I don't watch but Hubby does) even has the "back home" retro feel we all want and need with all the modern upticks. On top of all that it is PET friendly. Isabella, our golden loved the back deck watching the geese, otters, ducks, boaters and birds. I was surprised to find that there was a covered space for our car so it was never out in the weather. Security motion lights were also an added attraction. The cabin lives up to it's name because the river sings to you day and night...so sweet. Had a spring shower one day and rain on the tin roof reminded me of times past. We have not slept so good in a long time, bed was very comfy for retirees. We did find that we brought a lot more than we needed (our fault) only because it was so well furnished, although I will bring my pillow in November when we return, already booked for another week and looking forward to that trip. Overall this was a fantastic trip and we would certainly recommend RIVERSONG for a relaxing peaceful stay in Walland.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Olivia L
Maumelle, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

I just read a review left by a renter who stayed at this cabin (Riversong) in June 2011, and was very surprised. My fiance and I stayed at the same cabin in October 2011, and the traveler's review sounds like a different place entirely.

We found the cabin lovely, clean, well-equipped, and charming. It was so perfect (for us) that we are currently looking at trying to book for an entire week this fall. In discussing what we need to do differently this time, the only two things we came up with were: stay LONGER, and pack fewer staples... sugar, salt and pepper, paper plates, etc. We brought too much with us, as we had no idea there would be so many items already in the pantry.

We did run into one small problem with the tub not draining well, but that was solved by my fiance (always a do-it-yourself-er) with a little elbow grease and a plunger. Like my Mom taught me... always leave a place as nice, or better than you found it.

For a relaxing, quiet vacation, this was superb. He wandered the Little River fly-fishing, and I meandered through the shallows, sat on the porch swing to read, and snuggled in the hammock under the trees with him... perfect for these two middle-aged ramblers.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Briagail
Monroe, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband found this quaint little cabin when he planned our trip to the Smokies and I am so glad he did. 1. it's on the PEACEFUL side of the Smokies! Now that I've been to that area, I would refuse to stay anywhere but the Townsend area (Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge are obnoxious). 2. It's close to the main road and easy to find (we had no trouble, even in the dark) 3. Fully stocked kitchen was helpful so we didn't have to pack as much 4. Except for the perfect little stream, it is quiet! 5. We had plenty of towels- we did run out of washcloths but that was our own problem. The cabin has a washer & dryer, we were just too lazy to do laundry on our vacation. 6. it is pet friendly, which was great for us so we could take our dog. Even though our dog was not allowed on the trails inside the park, we had him with us at night and found a kennel to take him during the day. It worked out just fine. 7. Jacuzzi tub was relaxing
Any issues we had must have been insignificant as I can't think of them right now.
We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: This is a cabin in the woods- don't expect the Hyatt. No phone, no internet, cable tv is spotty...