“Riversong Cabin”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Wright Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
The Wright Cabins
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Riversong Cabin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I have had the opportunity to stay at Riversong Cabin several times, and it is always a delight. We prefer the quiet, peaceful side of the Smokies and love to come here to have a couple days of relaxation and quiet. My husband loves to fly fish and while he wades the river, I am content to watch from the large deck and just listen to the "river song." The cabin has one large dining/kitchen/living room, 2 bedrooms with queen sized beds, and a full bath. There is also a deck large enough for dining, swinging, or just relaxing. We were happy to have internet and cable for when we wanted to check in with the rest of the world. The kitchen is well equipped with all the basic equipment for cooking. Stackable washer/dryer is available should you need to do laundry. Overall, it is one of most comfortable and relaxing places we have ever rented, and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We've stayed at the Wright Cabins a few times now. We love the location, you can drive right into the National Park, just a few miles down the road and you aren't right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge--but you are close enough to go there. The cabins are natural, no frills, but you have everything that you need. So, if you want a mountain experience, the Wright Cabins are for you!! Our cabin had a porch swing, hot tub and a fireplace. Just remember that you are in the moutains, so our cabin had a very steep incline, however, they have other cabins that are on flatter ground--whichever you prefer. I love that you can take your pet with no hasstles, our pug loves the fresh mountain air!! I will stay with the Wright's again and I highly recommend!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

My lady, our dog and I en route to Canada. Wanted to spend a day in the Smokies so booked The Wright Cabins after reading a review on TA. Very glad we did as they were indeed the (w)right cabins for us. We were in the Crow's Nest - quant one-bedroom loft set up with lots of space. Comfortable for all three of us. Well equipped. We didn't use the hot tub but it was set up to go if we had wished. Great access to the park. Townsend infinitely preferable to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg - very quiet and undeveloped still. Cabin clean, lots of hot water, nice and quiet. Well worth staying in. Two minor quibbles - no vent over stove so wouldn't want to cook here for too many nights; no dry firewood - great fireplace but I ain't no boy scout - finally for fire going after liberal use of firestarter blocks. Will stay again if in area - so nice to be able to have our canine family member with us.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Roger61Texas
Vincent, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

In response to the negative review about Riversong in 2011, I would like to give you my review of Riversong Cabin. I live in Alabama and my sister-in-law and I refer to Riversong, as our home away from home!! We have visited there about 5 different times since May, 2012. Riversong is quaint, cozy, relaxing and has the most well quipped kitchen of any rental property, I have visited. It is like going to your favorite aunt's. I have NEVER experienced a problem with Internet connection. I have an IPad which I always take with me!! We have NEVER had a problem with the refrigerator???? The review in 2011, is inaccurate and unfortunate for such nice and accompanying folks as Warren and Peggy Wright!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Patricia M R
Attalla, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

Sitting, listening to sounds of this beautiful little bit of heaven I try never to think of home. I feel like I'm home. The cabins are so well build and even tho I hear cars in the distance all I see is trees at Doves Nest. Walking in knee deep leaves, the church bells mixed in with the fussing of dried leaves still on the trees sounds reminds me of my childhood.
The Wright's have always maked my trip perfect even when I drop in unexpected. Great bed, good water, clean room, lots of trees, close to park and good food within a mile.
When work gets crazy, life's too busy, or I just want to study I call Peggy Wright and Wright Cabins!
Peggy your the best!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Tastetester11
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

We were booked for Crow's Nest which was absolutely charming. The only concern we had was leaving our trailer and motorcycles away from the cabin due to the steep driveway. From the minute I called Peggy with our concern, she and Warren were there to help. She gave us our choice of all of the available cabins and we found Momma's cabin to be easily accessible with the trailer and bikes. I don't know that I have encountered this degree of concern for our comfort any place before! It was so quiet and peaceful and it really feels as if you are the only cabin around. if you want to avoid the hustle and bustle of a tourist trap, stay in Townsend at The Wright Cabin's. I can tell you that you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lilponchmom
Townsend, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Mountain Breeze.
Excellent cabin to get away in. Whole cabin is clean, awesome feel to it. Love the patio, nice breeze and Great Grill!!
I have stayed in many of the Wright's cabins, and this is definitely one of the top ones they have.
Wonderful people to work with, reasonable rates , very very clean cabins, all you need is to bring your food and clothes. Have everything else there for you.
Its a home away from home

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank cewing2301
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Tremont Lodge and Resort
Dancing Bear Lodge
Dancing Bear Lodge
#1 of 10 in Townsend
Highland Manor Inn & Conference Center

Been to The Wright Cabins? Share your experiences!