The Wright Cabins
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Townsend
See available hotels
Townsend Lodge(Townsend)
Talley Ho Inn(Townsend)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsdoves nestriver queenlittle riverhot tubgatlinburg or pigeon forgefull kitchendeckcabininternetdrivewaywoodswinggrill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We first stayed at one of the Wright's cabins in 2008; it was me, my husband, and my granddaughter. It was the most awesome experience in our lives regarding staying in the mountains! The cabin was so beautiful, clean, had everything, and more, that one would ever need. My granddaughter broke coffee pot first day and when we went to Peggy and Warren's house, Warren went right out to the garage and got us another one! No questions asked. They were so friendly and so trusting. They were out of town the evening we arrived but they trusted me with combo lock so we could get in; they had NEVER even met us! We stay in one of their cabins every year since 2008. My dear husband of 36 years passed away last June, 2013, so I went there with our 2 sons. We spread ashes throughout the mountains, and even around the cabin we stayed in because Carl absolutely loved staying in them; didn't matter which one! The peaceful atmosphere gives you the chance to really relax, play music, do art, just whatever you most love to do. They are convenient to everything, just right outside of the Smoky Mountain National Forest entrance. I read the review of the people that complained and just could not believe it was possible for anyone to be dissatisfied with their stay in ANY of the Wright's cabins. If there is ever a problem, we could just call Peggy and it would be taken care of! They have retired now, but have very nice people following in their footsteps. I am going back this August and can't wait!!! Mikki Byerley Leesburg Florida

Room Tip: Fitness Center? wasn't one around, but who needs it with all the woods to explore!?
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank minnowmouse
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Riversong cabin the weekend of Feb. 14,15 and 16th. The cabin was perfect, very clean,also had every thing you could ever need in a kitchen and the view was amazing. We have stayed in several cabins in this area and this one was by far at the top of our list. We plan on coming back to the same cabin in May to enjoy the peaceful river. Owners are very friendly as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed whilst hiking in the smoky mountains and were very happy to have such a relaxing place to spend an evening. The owner was very friendly and we had a long chat on arrival. The room was very spacious and clean. It was also fantastic to be able to do all our washing after travelling for a number of weeks! Our main suggestion would be to have an information booklet in the cabin -I.e. how to use the wifi, where the washing machine is etc. we couldn't get the wifi to work but as we were only staying one night we didn't enquire (even though we'd be told we could contact them with any questions, it was not urgent to us). The washing was under the cabin and as we arrived in the dark took a little time to find. Suggestion to future guests - if you want to use the spa, don't do two loads of washing first! We ran out of hot water. We'd happily stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My family and I have stayed at Riversong cabin multiple times - we just can't stay away. This cabin is very cute and is frankly one of the cleanest rental properties we have ever stayed at. It is truly an escape from our busy everyday lives. There is a covered garage area and motion lighting that really helped us feel secure. Both bedrooms are a good size, with a stacked laundry in one of the closets. The bathroom was well stocked with plenty of clean towels. We really appreciated the free wi-fi and cable, and we had no problems with the internet reliability when we did want to use our laptops. But neither were really necessary as we couldn't stay off the fabulous deck outside! We could pass the whole day relaxing out there, watching the river and sometimes animals go by. We saw a gorgeous heron. We don't fish, but I'm sure it would be a great place to try as we did see some in the water. Our kids loved playing in the shallow river area - so much fun. The river is literally steps away from the stairs off the back deck. The owners recently did a small expansion off the side of the kitchen, allowing for more space for the kitchen table, and it looks really nice. We had everything we needed here. We actually met the owner - extremely nice lady who made sure we were happy for our stay. I love coming here because it's warm, homey, CLEAN, and all your basics are covered as far as the bathroom and kitchen. So leave your worries at home...Riversong is our second home! It has a wonderful location, set back off the road just enough but very convenient to Townsend when we needed to make a run for any supplies, or to visit Pigeon Forge or the Park. We definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsey K
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I have had the opportunity to stay at Riversong Cabin several times, and it is always a delight. We prefer the quiet, peaceful side of the Smokies and love to come here to have a couple days of relaxation and quiet. My husband loves to fly fish and while he wades the river, I am content to watch from the large deck and just listen to the "river song." The cabin has one large dining/kitchen/living room, 2 bedrooms with queen sized beds, and a full bath. There is also a deck large enough for dining, swinging, or just relaxing. We were happy to have internet and cable for when we wanted to check in with the rest of the world. The kitchen is well equipped with all the basic equipment for cooking. Stackable washer/dryer is available should you need to do laundry. Overall, it is one of most comfortable and relaxing places we have ever rented, and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple