“Old Cabin but a beautiful location.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Old Smoky Mountain Cabins
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was the second time that we have stayed at the Dream Catcher cabin. The first time was in Sept. of 2002 right after 9-11. For those of you not familiar with Old Smoky Mountain Cabins in Townsend, the cabins are older and are not fancy like a lot of the newer cabins that you will find around Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, so if you are after that, you can forget these cabins. What you will find is, cabins that are in great locations for nature. The Dream Catcher in 2002, was the only cabin anywhere around and was and still is the last cabin before the national park. it sits right on the river and now there is a cabin that has recently been built right next door. I didn't care for that, but luckily, we were the only ones around. You will not find a better location anywhere, but I will give a little warning, that this is not a luxury cabin. Because you are deep in the woods right next to the river, you will have a few bugs and creepy crawlers, so if you can't deal with that, look elsewhere. My wife likes to say that this is where we go to do our camping out. Assuming we are still in good health a few years from now, we will probably be back to this great place. It is a great place for a couple to connect or reconnect. We have been married for 41 years, and we had a great time here once again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank newjade

Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband surprised me with a stay in the Honeymoon suite for my 40th birthday/21st anniversary. After reading the reviews on here I was a little bit nervous and even bought cleaning supplies before going in just in case ha ha. To my surprise it was clean and nicer than I had expected. The décor was a bit outdated, we couldn't find any matches to light a fire or candles, the bed had mirrors ha ha but overall it was a nice, very quiet place to stay. The manager was very nice and we would def. stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chas00
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We went down to Townsend for the weekend, and our cabin we had rented from some friends at our usual spot had heater problems....so at 10PM we had to vacate that cabin and were referred to Old Smoky Cabins. The owner answered the phone that late at night, and agreed to meet us at the office and rented us Dream Catcher for the rest of the weekend. He even drove us to the cabin and we followed so we wouldn't get lost that late in the evening..... The cabin was nice, location was GREAT....word to wise...if you have children like us, rent this cabin. There is a large field beside the cabin and level grassy area for the kids to play. There is also a creek to play in, and it is not so close to the road that you have to worry about traffic. Also has great 3 sided porch around the cabin. Great experience!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Chris U
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

The decor in our cabin was old and the seat covers in the chairs were torn. Had to take our towels to office to exchange. Shower is a little small. Hot Tub, back and front porch were great. Owners were very nice.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Sdcarlton
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed at Creekside on Webb Rd in Townsend, TN. Over all we enjoyed our stay and the cabin was cute. It was nice to be so close to the creek. The owners are friendly. It is close to Cade’s Cove which is a must for us. Now, for the bad part.
The website and brochure state the cabin is new. There were entries in the guest book dating back to 2007. From the pictures the cabin looks secluded but is actually only 200ft off Webb Rd. The cabin was dirty. I found long black hairs in the bed sheets. They could have been left by the person who made up the bed but who wants to take that chance. The pillow shams had obviously been used by guest as regular pillow cases and yet not washed. They were sticky and greasy to the touch. The shower curtains had mold growing on them. (this was easily killed with soft scrub with bleach so why had it not already been cleaned). Cobwebs were everywhere and lots of dust rabbits (too big to be bunnies) were in the corners and under things. My family set off to Cades Cove and I set off to clean the cabin.
After washing all the bed clothes including the spreads and shams, running all the dishes through the dishwasher, cleaning the bathrooms, and sweeping we were ready to enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank SAMBBOO
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I've stayed in Townsend at several rentals..... when i read these reviews i see the cabin names do not belong to the businesses they are wrote about.So in fact they are LIES & MISINFORMATION.
OLD Smoky Mountian Cabins are the original ones to have the name, however over the years other's have done similar names to steal off there business, now there bad reviews are following.
Dream Catcher is one of the most popular cabins Townsend has to offer and ive stayed there several times. No Bugs except outside....after all its the woods.
it's sad to think that lies & misinfo could let families miss out on such a great spot.
the owners feel like family to me and couldn't be more helpful. I'll see them soon i hope

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Callie777
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My family has stated at these cabins each year since they were built. The location and set up is perfect for us. The cabins are right on the Little River and we have enjoyed many tubing adventures while there. They are also convenient to Cades Cove which is a family favorite outing. While the cabins have a great location, they have not been attended to in years. The past several years we have found them dirty and in need of much repair. Last year we made a list for the owners of all the repairs and dirt found hoping this year would bring better accommodations but nothing was done. We found cobwebs, spiders ants and dust galore. I woke up two nights with something crawling on me. The mattress had no cover which is gross in a rental property. I would recommend for the location but if u are looking for something clean this is not the place.

• Stayed: July 2011