“Love Riverstone Lodge!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riverstone Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Townsend
Riverstone Lodge
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
horton,al
“Love Riverstone Lodge!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

We have stayed at Riverstone Lodge for the past 5 years. The owners are wonderful and make you feel at home. Peaceful, clean and just what we love. My husband and I are going again this June for our 20th wedding anniversary. Can't wait! Riverstone Lodge is the way to go.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank donnlou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Indianapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

The "Lodge" was just a nice little family owned place with clean, but outdated rooms. Not a bad place to stay considering the price and location, but it's just another "roadside" hotel. Nothing especially bad. Nothing especially good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PastorMo
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We were going to Cades Cove for a few days and found this quiet retreat on line. Belinda and Terry, the owners, listened to our needs and put us in a nice room. This was our first time there and we were not disappointed. They went out of their to make sure we had everything we needed. The campfires each night with rockers was an unexpected bonus. The restaurant next door with same name had excellent food. Everyone at the hotel and restaurant were friendly and very helpful. We cannot wait to go back and will definitely stay at the Riverstone Lodge each time we go. Thank you Belinda and Terry.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LouisianaMemaw
Knoxville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We had gone to a beautiful wedding in Townsend and didn't want to drive back to Knoxville that evening . Because of reviews we booked a room. Upon arrival at 10pm The first thing I noticed was a very OLD hotel room with old furnishings and decor and the biggest thing was I smelled Musty smell. We complained and they gave us a room above it was again same old decor and the carpet was ripped in area near the door and I knew that I just could not stay there. The woman was upset that we didn't like her "just shampooed " carpet . Said that was what I was smelling . Then the Man who took over said he would not refund because he could have rented it that evening , said the room was VERY clean and the cleanest room we could get . He seemed insulted but I KNOW a clean room when I see one . I feel for success they could use to strip the rooms make sure there is no mold and re furnish and carpet and paint the entire place to give it a more fresh appearance. We ended up driving back to Knoxville . If you are like me and want to stay in a fresh clean place I do NOT recommend it.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere and don't pay until you check out the room first .
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012 via mobile

I have visited Townsend with my wife and kids quite often over the past 11 years. We have always stayed at cabins in the area. While the cabin settings are great. None of the cabins however could top my Easter 2012 stay at the Riverstone Lodge. After 5 weeks in Knoxville
Going through class, I was burnt out and needed a change of pace. I called Belinda at Riverstone Lodge and she booked a room for me right away and I was on my way to Townsend.

When I checked in around 6 pm I mentioned to Belinda that I was going to go hike the Abrams Falls trail in Cade's Cove. She expressed concern over this and told me to be careful. The next morning I checked in at the office she expressed how happy she was to see I made it back safe.

Perfect strangers that care about the well being of others... Wow! You don't find that at the branded hotels. My family will be staying here from now on when we come to the Smokies.

I didn't say anything about the rooms but they are magnificent. I stayed in a room with a single queen and a couch and it was perfect for that set up. And for me the bonus of the fire pit outweighed the fact that when I walked into my room, my cell phone signal died off. Peace and quiet at last.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Bayouusaf
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for my 30th birthday getaway. We stayed here once before and really enjoyed our stay, so we stayed in the same room on this trip. I hate to say it wasn't so great this time around. Overall, the room was clean but felt as if it hadn't been cleaned for weeks. It felt as if a thick layer of dust filled the room.

After checking in, I noticed one of the towels hanging from the rack had a large pink stain on it in plain sight. I returned to the office and pointed this out. The lady apologized and happily handed me a stack of fresh towels. The Coke machine ate my quarters. I returned to the office the next morning and notified the man. He said it has trouble accepting coins and gave me a dollar bill. I noticed the nightstand by the bed had a dried up puddle or two of something on it, and my husband pointed out an orange stain (possibly old blood) in the middle of the fitted sheet. At this point, I felt I wore out my welcome with pointing out the flaws and was disappointed already, so I didn't bother notifying the office staff.

The folks that run this place are very nice and concerned about their guests. They allow you to make phone calls from their office if needed and accept phone messages for you since there are no phones in the room. A couple of tornadoes were in the area during our stay. Though it was a scary situation, and we hid out in the bathtub in our room, the owner was nice enough to warn us of the storms and welcomed us to his home if we were not comfortable hiding out in our room.

Service is top notch; location is wonderful; hotel grounds are beautiful; prices can't be beat. We hope to get to enjoy the nightly campfire if we ever return. Just hope we get a cleaner room and no tornadoes to have to deal with!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Great food, atmosphere, and service. Roast beef was food but a littke tough. Blt was excellent. Very buttery bread. Will return.

• Stayed April 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Townsend Gateway Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Gatlinburg On The River
Dancing Bear Lodge
Dancing Bear Lodge
#1 of 10 in Townsend

Been to Riverstone Lodge? Share your experiences!