“Living Nightmare”

Tolono
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Living Nightmare”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Worst attraction /experience in my life. I am so sorry I didn't read the reviews before allowing my family to go on this awful attraction. Please please read the reviews. My dd lost two pair of glasses (sunglasses and regular prescription), hit her head on a big rock when she was flipped by a rock, she also injured her arm pretty badly. No one walked away without some serious cuts, scrapes and bruises. My granddaughter and I did the lower one while the others did the upper. Like the others have said there is no one or any signs to let you know you have reached the end and it is time to get out. I had asked at the earlier get out point for another tubing company and was told it was just around the corner, it went on and on and we were starting to wonder if we had missed it. Thankfully some others started coming along and we stuck with them to the end. However they felt like they were lost too. I can't speak to the other companies but this place is terrible and would never recommend to anyone. Restroom was worse than most outhouses, you will understand this comment if you have read their fancy misleading flyers.

2 Thank Debbie J

Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Need better customer service!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We called on 7/26 to find out their hrs. and if there were any restrictions for our 6 yr. old. We consistently got a recording that gave information for 7/24. The message was 2 days old! We called over and over again but no one ever answered. We decided to go anyways since there were other locations nearby we could try if needed. They made us park in the grass by the road when there was clearly lots of parking up closer to the buildings. We get to the office and the girl doesn't move from her stool at the far end of the counter on the other side of the room. She asked if we wanted to go tubing, we said yes, she said to fill out the forms in from of us. She still didn't budge. She noticed out youngest and says, wait, how old is he? We say he's 6, and she says sorry, he can't go, they are only letting kids 7 and up on the lower river today. I mentioned how we tried to call to find out this information before we left and told her about the answering machine. All she was was, oh. She never said another word to us.

Kokomo, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“RUDE!!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We called to find out the location...we are from out of town. The person that answered the phone didn't even greet us and then we asked for directions and she was VERY RUDE!!! We decided after the phone conversation to not go! That was after calling 12 times to even get a person to answer the phone!

1 Thank Tracy G
“Best way to spend a hot day!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The day that my family went the temperature was in the low 90's and the water was still cold. The prices here were very reasonable , just 9 bucks for all day. The facilities seemed seemed basic but they had everything that we needed. The gift shop had sunscreen and watershoes. I am glad that all four of us got the shoes as the river is very rocky. My daughter was required to wear a lifejacket due to her age and jackets were available for everyone else if we wanted one. We had our choice of routes and tubed both the calmer and more adventurous route. Shuttles for both routes left from the main office which was convenient! We did observe several people falling out of their tubes and being scraped on the rocks. Most of the injuries seemed to happen to those that I had noticed were talking and not paying attention to the safety instructions given by the shuttle drivers. We had a great time on the river and enjoyed some really good food at the bbq place next door in between river runs.

New Bern, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very dangerous”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have tubed once before and had a blast and was excited to do this again. This company should not be allowed to be open. They offered no instruction and could care less if you live or die. Not being from TN, we had no idea the water level was high or what risks that may impose. Half our group was hurt and the other half terrified! Some kind strangers helped me and my daughter. They drop you off and tell you to get out of the river behind the White House. That is your instructions. Among my group of 11, we have many scrapes and bruises, two head injuries, a near drowning, broken toe, broken finger, and a very scary day! The life jackets you can use, but are not even recommended, were half broken...we all ave back two or three broken ones each before we found one we would put on.....luckily most of us did decide to put one on! Before we left the parking lot, we heard an ambulance going to help someone we heard had broke their ribs on the same river. Please do not go on the upper part of this river and chose a company that may care about your life!!!!

2 Thank Christydb