“Horrible!”
Review of River Rage

River Rage
Ranked #13 of 34 things to do in Townsend
Reviewed 31 July 2013

At the main checkin place the women's bathroom was DISGUSTING!! It was only a two stall and one was so plugged up with that it was about to overflow and the flies were horrible! The only working toliet looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the day the place opened. Someone had gotten sick and it was all over the place and on the toliet seat. It was so bad the Health Department should shut them down! Too many other things wrong to mention here. This company doesn't try to do just the basics in customer service.

3  Thank Gloria B

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had tubed as a child and knew of the sharp rocks and the fast water current. I agree with other reviews that some help from staff would be nice. Especially getting into the water and with the instruction for basic tubing safety. This was not available. I would wear blue jeans and shirt over swim suit and water shoes or several pairs of thick socks. Balance on top of the tube is important as you go over white water. Head safety helmets would be wise especially when the water is high. but were not offered. We were told we could go all day, but they didn't not say that they quit taking people out at 4pm so we had over an hour wait till our ride came back to get us. would not reccommend for small children. Use safety strap for glasses. Use life jacket if you don't know how to swim in river currents.

1  Thank Christy J
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Worst attraction /experience in my life. I am so sorry I didn't read the reviews before allowing my family to go on this awful attraction. Please please read the reviews. My dd lost two pair of glasses (sunglasses and regular prescription), hit her head on a big rock when she was flipped by a rock, she also injured her arm pretty badly. No one walked away without some serious cuts, scrapes and bruises. My granddaughter and I did the lower one while the others did the upper. Like the others have said there is no one or any signs to let you know you have reached the end and it is time to get out. I had asked at the earlier get out point for another tubing company and was told it was just around the corner, it went on and on and we were starting to wonder if we had missed it. Thankfully some others started coming along and we stuck with them to the end. However they felt like they were lost too. I can't speak to the other companies but this place is terrible and would never recommend to anyone. Restroom was worse than most outhouses, you will understand this comment if you have read their fancy misleading flyers.

2  Thank Debbie J
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We called on 7/26 to find out their hrs. and if there were any restrictions for our 6 yr. old. We consistently got a recording that gave information for 7/24. The message was 2 days old! We called over and over again but no one ever answered. We decided to go anyways since there were other locations nearby we could try if needed. They made us park in the grass by the road when there was clearly lots of parking up closer to the buildings. We get to the office and the girl doesn't move from her stool at the far end of the counter on the other side of the room. She asked if we wanted to go tubing, we said yes, she said to fill out the forms in from of us. She still didn't budge. She noticed out youngest and says, wait, how old is he? We say he's 6, and she says sorry, he can't go, they are only letting kids 7 and up on the lower river today. I mentioned how we tried to call to find out this information before we left and told her about the answering machine. All she was was, oh. She never said another word to us.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We called to find out the location...we are from out of town. The person that answered the phone didn't even greet us and then we asked for directions and she was VERY RUDE!!! We decided after the phone conversation to not go! That was after calling 12 times to even get a person to answer the phone!

1  Thank Tracy G

Been to River Rage? Share your experiences!