“Tubing wit Rver Rage”
Review of River Rage

River Rage
Ranked #13 of 34 things to do in Townsend
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is not an easy ride! When I spoke with River Rage on the phone, I was advised it was like a "lazy river". Our 3 year old grandson would just sit on someone's lap...Well, 30 seconds into the ride, our daughter in law got out with the 3 year old... There were 6 of us left - including a 10 year old who is normally quite adventurous. My son tied the 4 year old granddaughter to his tube and he flipped out twice. Our 10 year old was flipped out twice and had it not been for strangers I don't know what we would have done because we couldn't get to him....my sister ended up getting out too early because there are no signs and she though she went too far! She walked until one of the transfer shuttles saw her.....Fun for adventurous, atheletic adults only!!!!!!

3  Thank gitaway

Reviewed 3 August 2013

This really is a great way to spend the day with the whole family for very little money. They give you all day pass for only 9 dollars. You can go on any of the three different routes or do all of them and its still just 9 bucks. You only have to park at the main place and they shuttle you everywhere else that you need to go for all the other routes. The other tube companies have fewer, shorter routes and make you drive your own car if you want to change routes. My family enjoyed being able to choose different routes and then meet back at the main location for lunch at the bbq restaurant next door before setting out for another trip. The one tip that I can give is - buy some watershoes! They sell them for only 10 dollars and you definetly need them!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I visited River Rage tubing in July 2013 on a visit to the Smoky Mountains. We were given an inner tube and a short ride to the point of the Little River where we'd start our course. The bus driver was curt and not very friendly. We started out on our course and I found some of the rapids to be swift and I got scraped up a bit (not the fault of the company, just more information). The bus driver told us that the course would end "past the second bridge overpass." Well, we went under the second bridge and there was no sign or any place to get out, so we kept drifting. Finally, I felt something wasn't right so we had to climb up the side of a dirt bank and walk a pretty good distance to another business and use their phone to contact the River Rage people to come pick us up (our cell phones were stowed in our car at the outpost), as it was miles back to the outpost. They were not there to pick us up as they stated. Finally, we were picked up. Part of our admission included a barbecue sandwich meal at an adjacent restaurant. At this point, we were pretty irritated and got the meal to go. They gave us a dry little sandwich with no barbecue sauce. We had to go back in and ask for the sauce. The bus driver who picked us up stated himself that the place was poorly managed and apologized that we were basically abandoned in the Little River. We could have ended up drifting the full 50 miles of the river and they probably would not have noticed our absence. As we were boarding the bus to start our excursion, there was a report of another couple "missing" who they had to go find. TERRIBLE and DANGEROUS. There are lots of tubing options in this area, such as River Rat. Do NOT use River Rage. I've never used any other company, but any one of them would have to be better than this. This place is a lawsuit waiting to happen. The only part that was fun was the first bit, and that was thanks to Mother Nature and the beautiful river and weather.

2  Thank GingerAsh
Reviewed 31 July 2013

At the main checkin place the women's bathroom was DISGUSTING!! It was only a two stall and one was so plugged up with that it was about to overflow and the flies were horrible! The only working toliet looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the day the place opened. Someone had gotten sick and it was all over the place and on the toliet seat. It was so bad the Health Department should shut them down! Too many other things wrong to mention here. This company doesn't try to do just the basics in customer service.

3  Thank Gloria B
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had tubed as a child and knew of the sharp rocks and the fast water current. I agree with other reviews that some help from staff would be nice. Especially getting into the water and with the instruction for basic tubing safety. This was not available. I would wear blue jeans and shirt over swim suit and water shoes or several pairs of thick socks. Balance on top of the tube is important as you go over white water. Head safety helmets would be wise especially when the water is high. but were not offered. We were told we could go all day, but they didn't not say that they quit taking people out at 4pm so we had over an hour wait till our ride came back to get us. would not reccommend for small children. Use safety strap for glasses. Use life jacket if you don't know how to swim in river currents.

1  Thank Christy J

Been to River Rage? Share your experiences!