“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lazy Daze Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Lazy Daze Campground
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

Have stayed here often over the years , love it here , always find it clean , very nice people in office & maintenance , pool is clean , etc , river behind it , only 1 mile from Great Smoky Mountain National Park & 8 from Cades Cove , 19 from Gatlingburg & 15 Pigeon Forge

• Stayed May 2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wartburg, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I made plans to stay here on the 5/2012 for my sons birthaday. I do not have anything good to say about this place or the people that I met, what little time I stayed there which was just a few min. It was nasty the sofa looked like something they found at the dump. There was no beds, the smell was awful. we walked in and my kids wanted to leave. I would not suggest that any one stay here unless you bring your own tent and things. I didn't see the bathrooms however if they look anything like the cabins you better off in the woods. They will not give refunds either so before you pay ask to see the cabins.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank ginaof3
Townsend, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have read a lot of the reviews about Lazy Daze Campground, just to see if others had as pleasant an experience as I did. I see that most reviews prior to this are not all that good. I recently visited the weekend of 4/12 - 4/15. I was surprised to see that the staff was very friendly and willing to help in any way they could. The maintenance man came out to my site to make sure I got into my site ok and introduced himself, telling me how to contact him if I had any problems with the site. The office staff was quick to greet me upon arrival and were very courteous during the check-in process. My site was prepared for me they even did a quick touch-up just before I parked. This was the best service that I have gotten in all my camping days. I DID NOT experience any of the problems previously posted. It seems as if most of the issues have been addressed or are being addressed. I recommend giving them a chance to improve on your past experiences, after reading the reviews the far exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: As this is a campground they do not offer room service or a fitness room. Sleep quality is as you wo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank RuggedCross
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

I new when I walked in the office\store it was going to suck. The place had nothing in it and a funky smell. I checked in and our camping cabin was right next to the office. The camping spots were so close that you were afraid to build a fire in the pit with your car six feet from it. We open the screen porch door and it wouldn't close so I took the piece off that was giving us the problem. Unlocked the door and went in and the smell of mold and raid filled the air. Walked over and ants were all over the place. The bathroom door was broken and the futon couch had an old mattress that was scary. The microwave and refrigerator was dirty. The gas stove was crawling with ants and we were afraid to use it cause it looked bent and old. The a/c was to small and barely kept the inside cool. Ants were all in the bathroom too. The drain for the a/c ran right in front of the door so you had to walk around it to not track water in the cabin. The office guy came over to the sight and was more concerned with the fire pit still full of trash then the cabin. I was puzzled thinking have you ever been inside the cabins. We are outdoor people and I would have slept in a tent if I had one before we every step foot in the cabin. We left our food in the van so the ants would invade everything. Went to bed got up,packed and left.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank treatert
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

My family and I stayed here for the weekend of July 4th! On saturday we decided to go tubing and there were signs everywhere that said discounted rates for River Rat! So we went to the office to purchase the tickets. Well we told her how many we had,but we needed to pay separately and she said okay for one that's 12 dollars and we were like ok but we thought you get a discount for staying here and she said that with the discount!" Well its 9 dollars at all the other places" my aunt told her. And she was like well yeah but you have to carry your own tubes! Well we didn't mind to carry our own tubes so we just told her to forget it and She said uggggh...I guess I can just void this!! Well yeah you will...She was totally rude!! Well then we got back from tubing and the power went out like 7 times! It was on our whole row of campsites so we just waited it out! And it eventually came back on! Well then on sunday it went out at least 30 times well one of those times it was just our camper. So I went to the office and let them know. Well, 30 mins went by and no one had come by there and it was right in the middle of the day about 97 degrees that day,we had dogs in the camper that needed the air ON! So I went back to the office and let them know! The older lady in the office said in a hateful voice "he's working on it" she said everybodys on that row is out! And I said really bc my aunt is staying right next to us and hers is on bc that's where our dogs are! And so she asked that other lady in the office short brown hair and she kinda shouted "he is working on it give him a minute" I was ready to leave right then and there! Ugggh! So basically they are all extremely rude and customers do not come first! And there discounts are bogus! DON'T CAMP HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank DaisyDuke7099
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

We stayed in this campground and really enjoyed ourself. The staff was very friendly and loves to joke with the campers. It was very clean and the outside crew was always willing to help if we needed anything. It is close to a lot of attractions and is right on the river. This is a campground if you want to have a peaceful weekend. The ice cream is the best in the area,you have to try it when you are here.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

We stayed in this campground last weekend with a group of campers and had a blast! The office staff was very friendly and was helpful in letting us know where to go to eat in the area and also what area attractions there was! "Grandma" in the office joked with us and made it a very enjoyable stay! The ground and bath house was very clean and the river was great to enjoy!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family