“Hay Loft Party Barn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Country Manor Acres
Ranked #4 of 5 Townsend B&B and Inns
Lakeview, Ohio
“Hay Loft Party Barn”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Spent a family vacation with 5 adults and 4 children in the Hay Loft Cabin. Views from the deck were so serene. The hot tub was a real bonus as the children played in it during the day and the adults soaked at night. Cabin was very comfortable. The kitchen was great to be able to save some money cooking, but of course couldn't miss out on the Mill and River Rat BBQ. 1st time fishermen caught bass, cat fish and blue gill from pond while the son hooked a giant snapping turtle. 2 flights of stairs to get into cabin might deter some. There were also wasps but no one was stung and there is wasp spray on hand. Great vacation on the Peaceful side of the Smokies

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 619Betsy

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Breathtaking scenery in a valley by the Smokies. We stayed in the Octagon room which has a kitchen and living area. It was beautifully decorated and clean. Great value as well, especially compared to some of the other places in the area. We had our own hot tub on the huge deck with mountain scenery. The hot tub did not work properly the first night but was quickly fixed. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and it was a very peaceful place to stay. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: The Octagon room is spacious and has an outdoor hot tub.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is an Oasis next to GSMNP. My husband and I spent 2 nights in the upper east suite which was spacious, clean and comfortable. The first evening after taking a walk w/ the owners dogs around the beautiful grounds we enjoyed a glass of wine on the deck enjoying the beautiful views. Day 2 we spent hiking in Cade's Cove and drove Foothills Pkwy. Bring food(microwave only), many of the restaurants in Townsend were closed or closed early by 7pm. As stated in the previous review the "Market" in Maryville is a great old-time general store with a large meat and cheese selection. We hope to return! Off to our next adventures in Chattanooga and Nashville.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HappyTraveler22591
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I wanted to give April my solo traveler review! There are many couples and families here who rented the Octagon Room and the Barn, but I contacted April to ask if there would be an option for a solo traveler. I arrived right after the 4th of July weekend on a super cool roadtrip through the south. I've always wanted to see the Smoky Mountains but that can see a far distance for people coming from Los Angeles, so I decided to just make my way out there on my own at the end of another trip. April set me up in the East End Suite, its just perfect for one person. Plenty of space, a washer and dryer to wash all the clothes from my previous journey, a wonderful jacuzzi bath and a super cool patio where I could comfortably sit out and drink wine, eat cheese and watch the fireflies in the trees. It was great to wander the property and see the horses, pond and barn. It's such a quiet and tranquil area which great small restaurants around - so even though I had the little fridge to store my food, I just kept eating and eating. I went to see Cades Cove and watched the river in the rain, enjoyed the swinging bridges. It was the perfect, restful option for a solo traveler. I liked being inside the main house where other people were around and yet having perfect privacy. Two notes about this location: it can be hard to find because its in a rural area, so take her advice and come during the check in hours while its still light out, and give yourself time to find it. It's right next to the Caverns. Up until a few months ago, this was a dry county so this is why not every store sells beer or wine, although the restaurants are serving beer. This is also why there are no chain restaurants here and its so tranquil. So stop in Maryville before you get here (I recommend the Market) and get some beer and cheese and chocolate. There is also great Jamaican food in Maryville. I reco the Cajun place on the river in Townsend. I left here to head to Dollywood with a suitcase of clean clothes to go home with!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Irvine
Reviewed 3 September 2012

As everyone else has said, the land is breathtaking. You could just stay on the property, with the stocked pond, and be perfectly happy. It is about 30 minutes to gorgeous hikes and bike rides in the Smokey Mountains National Park. Townsend is DEFINITELY a better option than Gatlinburg and Pigeon Hole. which are overdeveloped and honky tonk.

I wish I had known that this property is more like a cabin rental than a bed and breakfast. Although linens are provided, you should plan to bring your own soap, shampoo and other toiletries.

The building and furnishings for the hay loft are older, but the mattresses are new, firm and comfy. It is nice to have a whole "house/barn" to yourself. A large, extended family can spread out since there are three bedrooms, two with king sized beds and one with two queen sized beds. The kitchen is inviting, super sunny, and well equipped with dishes. The game room is a little dark but great for evening entertainment.

Miss April and her son, Jeff, are unobtrusive but attentive hosts. They are good people who offer good value for pleasant but not luxurious accommodations.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank IrvineHarley
Cleveland,OH
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed for a week and the Cabin. It is so roomy and a very unique design. The kids had a blast playing the all the unique "closets" (One is very large with doors that are like a barn stall) and areas of the cabin. It was easy to stay in on the days that were too hot to go outside. There was so much space. The grill was wonderful and the horses were just an added bonus. Kids were able to take their bows and arrows and BB guns and we set up a range for them outside when the horses were in the other pasture. It was too hot for us to enjoy the pond, but it is a beautiful property with so much to offer in a good location. With 2-1/2 baths and 4 beds plus the futon, our party of 3 adults and 5 children had plenty of space! April was wonderful to deal with and has great rates. I highly recommend. We also did a trail ride at Davy Crockett Riding Stables, it was very nice and great pricing also.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mattymax
Essex UK
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during our US holiday. It was without doubt the most beautifully located place we stayed during our whole trip. We had the Octagon room, and to sit in the hot tub watching the fireflies and the stars come out was truly memorable.
We bought groceries to supply our breakfasts and our first evening meal, but on the second night we ate at the Dancing Bear Inn which was fabulous if a little pricey.
We drove the Cades Cove Loop and walked the trail to Abrams fall, where a bear suddenly popped out on the track in front of us - very exciting.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Angel57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Tremont Lodge and Resort
The Summit of Gatlinburg
The Summit of Gatlinburg
#44 of 78 in Gatlinburg
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River

Been to Country Manor Acres? Share your experiences!