“A Gem in Townsend”
Review of Smoky Junction Restaurant - CLOSED

Smoky Junction Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“A Gem in Townsend”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Had lunch here recently. Food and service excellent. It is very unusual to find a restaurant in this area that still makes its own salad dressings [try the bleu cheese], homemade cole slaw and macaroni salad and desserts. Steaks cut when ordered. Since I live within 20 miles. Smokey Junction will become a weekly event.

• Visited April 2012

CANTON
“JUST AVERAGE”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My husband and I ate breakfast at Smokey Junction. I had a cheese omelet and my husband had bacon and eggs. He ask for crisp bacon, and it was very under cooked. Biscuits barely warm.Service was great.

Visited April 2012
Knoxville, TN
“Great service, delicious home-style cooking!!!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My husband and I recently visited Townsend, and randomly decided to stop in to Smoky Junction Restaurant for a late lunch. We had EXCELLENT service, and the food was delicious AND low-priced!! We were so happy with our experience that we wanted to go back for dinner. We will definitely be visiting this restaurant the next time we are in Townsend.

• Visited March 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Waitress-Avg Food”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Our waitress should be on retainer with the local chamber. She provided an excellant overview of what to do in Townsend and she was spot on. Food was as avg-good not great.

Visited March 2012
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Good Service - Average Food”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My family and I ate dinner here the night we arrived in town and had breakfast here the following morning. The food was OK for dinner and we had no complaints, but it was nothing special either. I had the all you can eat fish special and I was a little surprised that the pieces of fish were the size of small chicken tenders, but they were OK. The breakfast the next morning was not quite as good. The coffee was cold, the grits were runnier than I like, the sausage patties were a little thin and dry and the service was a tad slow considering that there were only diners at a couple of the other tables.

• Visited February 2012