“Third stay and the place keeps getting BETTER!”

Townsend Gateway Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My sister and I enjoy staying here during ChristyFest in Townsend. The Motel is always perfectly clean and this year we were in one of the rennovated rooms. NostaIgically speaking, I missed the cement block wall look, but it is so beautifully redone, I can easily get over it...then I noticed a small area in the bathroom where the original wall is still visible. YEAH...I loved the contrast in perfection. Sweet Sister has asthma and one day I did notice some dust bunnies hiding in the air condition filter. The a/c was cleaned pronto and we were back to perfection. If you don't like being bothered by outside noises, this is the place to stay. One night when we arrived, there were approximatedly 10 motorcycles parked outside the rooms, and one lonely van (my sister's). The next morning all the motorcycles were gone and we never heard a single VEROOM. The walls are just that thick! As before the daily treat basket is great and the view from the rockers is relaxing. I never noticed the river / dam in front of the Motel till this stay , when I heard it from the rockers...sweet.

Room Tip: We have stayed in 3 of the rooms and they have all been clean and quiet. My only recommendation woul...
3  Thank Ivoryjane

Reviewed 30 July 2012

This motel has been in Townsend for many years. All the rooms have been redone and are very nice - especially the sparkling, clean bathrooms. The snack basket (including coffee) was an added treat! The staff was very courteous and helpful in recommending restaurants and other things to do in the area. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Stayed in a room but next time will check out their private cabins.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank norabean
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I stayed here for one night with two friends while exploring Great Smoky Mountains NP. We loved it! It was clean, very nicely decorated, quiet and safe. The owner was very friendly and accommodating and allowed us to do late check in, since we'd been out in the park until after sunset. Very nice place and we would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hennygang
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My wife and I enjoyed six nights saying in cottage 3 in July 2012. The cottage was very clean. The bed was so comfortable. The daily snack basket was always good (and it was kind of fun to see what you would get next!). Mike was so helpful and easy to talk to. This was our first time to stay in Townsend and it was great. We enjoyed day trips to Cades Cove, Gatlinburg, and Pigeon Forge. We also drove down the Foothills Parkway for some beautiful vistas of the Smokys. Sunday morning we enjoyed worship at the Church of the Cove - very friendly. It was just such a nice trip and every day we came back to our cabin and relaxed with tv and wifi and it was just great. If I had to make a suggestion it would be that the futon couch was hard as a rock! The mattress on the futon needs new life! I loved the old chair in the living room and took several naps there!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John D
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We rented two rooms for a three-night stay late July. Room 7 has been remodeled, but room 10 hasn't yet. She told us that when we checked in, which was nice. I stayed in room 7 and it was lovely and very clean. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are quiet. My niece stayed in room 10, so I checked it out. It is still very nice and just as clean and comfortable. They keep you in snacks and coffee, they are friendly and helpful and the hotel is well located. You won't have any unpleasant surprises here!

1  Thank itsme018
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This was our second time staying with Townsend Gateway Inn. It is a wonderful place to stay and the owners are great. Cleanest place I have ever stayed anywhere! The goody basket is a welcome treat! Love this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renee M
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed in this Inn because of several great reviews. All the info was correct. Everything was clean and I loved the old feel charm that this had. My bed was comfortable along with the pillows and the linens were clean. I am really particular about beds and linens and everything on the bed was clean to my satisfaction, which is hard to do. We met Pete and Colleen who are 2 of the propietors. Very nice people who are great at what they do. We were comfortable and will be staying there on our next vacation to the Smokies. Thank you.

3  Thank sillapresley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
1 mi away
20 mi away
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
#2 of 6 in Robbinsville

Been to Townsend Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!