“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Pete was sweet, comfy rooms were quite neat! Loved the welcome basket, if you want something you just ask it! Would definitely go back there! Close to everything, Cades Cove accessible. Wish I could have gone tubing across the street!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Grandmasandi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

It has been many years since I stayed in motel-style accomodations, and I have to say that I was not sure what to expect. Our room (# 11) was immaculate and the bed incredibly comfortable. The solid floors (instead of carpet) were a great idea since many places in Townsend have a slightly musty odor due to the river valley. The service here was excellent and convinced us that we will be back to stay. We visited Townsend instead of staying in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge and we enjoyed our weekend much more than any other visit to TN. The furnishings were very tasteful and the room was beautiful. It was fun to stay in an updated "modern" version of the motels which I remember from family roadtrips in the 1970s. My only "complaint" was that the air conditioner was a little bit loud, but I find this same problem with many accomodations. I'm a light sleeper and any noise will wake me up. I heard no neighbors and I did not hear any road noise either. Perhaps the noise from the AC was actually responsible for my comfortable sleep?
The towels were not big huge fluffy towels- they were just normal towels which was fine with us. The room was incredibly clean and there was not a speck of dust anywhere.
We loved the huge pillows- they were also quite comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank DisneyfanLongIsland
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend of August 3-5 at the Townsend Gateway Inn. What can I say? The little hotel is quiet, clean, updated and so comfortable. The remodeled room is beautiful. We loved the hardwood (laminate) floors, lovely bathroom tiles, new mattress, and all of the other new furnishings. I sat out in the rocking chair every evening reading, such a nice way to relax after traveling and hiking! The location is so convenient to Cades Cove, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Perfect place to spend the weekend! A nice addition for the owners to add would be a fire pit! All in all we had a wonderful experience at a great value. We will be back!

Room Tip: Be aware that the room AC is a little on the loud side. It didn't bother me but if you are a lig...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Hopper1964
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

The family that runs the place were wonderful. So friendly and helpful. The cabins are clean and very nice. One thing to be prepared for though, is that it is not a cabin in the woods. It is right on the main road leading in to Cade's Cove. When I return, there is no doubt I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a front porch with rocking chairs, don't get the cabin. Instead, get one of the hote...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Nelly211
Decatur, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Great visit. The welcome basket was great. Owners also gave us extra for our lunch. We had a nest of baby birds.We even had help from the resident dog in our packing. Very clean and cute. Towsend helps us to relax.

2 Thank RDoke
Terre Haute, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

This little Inn was AWESOME! By far, my favorite place we stayed at while on vacation this time. Very clean, cute and modern. Hardwood floors, your own air conditioning unit, free wi-fi, awesome goodies in a basket (my nieces loved the ritz crackers w/cheese and nutter butters and the kiwi-strawberry capri suns), comfortable beds, great room price! The only thing I wished it had was a pool. Great location, just down the street from the entrance to the Smoky Mountains, which is where we spent most of our time on this trip. There is a creek across the street that you can view but you will have to go up the street a bit to actually go in the creek. There are rocking chairs in the front of your room, so you can relax and take in the mountain air. This Inn is VERY nice, it's more like a boutique hotel. Don't be thrown off by the basket of goodies, because really, it's better than just having free breakfast and the prepackaged goodies are great to throw into your backpack to take with you to the park. We would stay here again!

3 Thank Fademist
Taft, Tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

My sister and I enjoy staying here during ChristyFest in Townsend. The Motel is always perfectly clean and this year we were in one of the rennovated rooms. NostaIgically speaking, I missed the cement block wall look, but it is so beautifully redone, I can easily get over it...then I noticed a small area in the bathroom where the original wall is still visible. YEAH...I loved the contrast in perfection. Sweet Sister has asthma and one day I did notice some dust bunnies hiding in the air condition filter. The a/c was cleaned pronto and we were back to perfection. If you don't like being bothered by outside noises, this is the place to stay. One night when we arrived, there were approximatedly 10 motorcycles parked outside the rooms, and one lonely van (my sister's). The next morning all the motorcycles were gone and we never heard a single VEROOM. The walls are just that thick! As before the daily treat basket is great and the view from the rockers is relaxing. I never noticed the river / dam in front of the Motel till this stay , when I heard it from the rockers...sweet.

Room Tip: We have stayed in 3 of the rooms and they have all been clean and quiet. My only recommendation woul...
3 Thank Ivoryjane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
BEST WESTERN Cades Cove Inn
Clarion Inn Dollywood Area
#6 of 90 in Pigeon Forge
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,299 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Gatlinburg On The River

Been to Townsend Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!