“LOVED IT!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Burns, Tennessee
“LOVED IT!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just got home from our stay at the Gateway Inn in Townsend. We stayed in one of the little cottages and it was very cozy and clean. I am a cleaning fanatic so I don't give out that compliment freely. The only thing I would have changed is maybe a small tv and a fan in the bedroom but that's just my opinion. We usually visit Townsend several times a year so the Gateway Inn will now be our favorite place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Linda N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Alabama
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I needed a place to stay overnight to pick my daughter up from Tremont early the next morning and chose it because of the reviews I read here. They were so right. I wished I had asked for the name of the lady who checked me in because she was so pleasant and helpful...gave me recommendations for dinner and brought me a fabulous snack basket. My room was much bigger than I thought and the AC had been left on for me so it was nice and cool. Everything was very clean and comfortable. In the morning, I sat out on the porch in a rocking chair and drank coffee and thought I might could stay there all day becasue it was so relaxing. Hopefully we'll be back when we can stay longer.

Green Features: Appreciated that there was a recycle bin in my room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank KMR2009
Bremen, Indiana
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We love this place. It is our 3rd time to stay at Townsend Gateway Inn. It is so clean, quiet, and relaxing. This is the only place we stay when we go to the Smokey Mountains. It is close to good places to eat. We enjoy walking the path along the road and just relaxing on the by the fire pit at the hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. We love the view from the hotel porch. We also love the ability to enter...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Valena C
Temple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our first time to the Smokies...we could not be happier with our lodging choice! Great little cabin, and the kitchenette & fridge adds so much...we even made slice and bake cookies tonight! The owners stock a snack basket for us each day, and they include items specially chosen to appeal to both us grownups and our 9-yr-old grandson.

Queen bed is very comfy, and the whole place is spotless. I actually had to lower the A/C, and I'm hardly ever "too cool!" Grandson sleeps on the futon...typical hard mattress there, but kids don't care and all the bedding was ready for us to make up his special area. Pots, pans, utensils, and dishes enough for four.

When not sightseeing, you can play horseshoes, enjoy the large TV, or take walks to nearby snack eateries or attractions. Tonight, we walked over to a chainsaw artist shop and took pictures of his totem poles!

Great place, quiet town with just enough to do but no crowds, and as close as you can get to the park itself without tent camping!!!

Room Tip: If you want to sleep more than two adults, opt for the "lodge"...but the cabin is great if...
3 Thank cherylynn3
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. Where else can you personally interact with the owners.They were most accommodating.We had pre-arranged a firefly viewing at Elkmont and we're not disappointed.I highly recommend this motel and you will not be sorry.

Room Tip: The first four or five rooms have been recently updated.
Green Features: Excellent green routine.Recycling bin in each room.
2 Thank Robert_M60805
Orlando
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at this lovely motel May 29-30. We arrived late in the evening 9 p.m. or so and found many of the guests sitting in the rocking chairs in front of their rooms. We had traveled all day more than 10 hours, and were pretty tired, but we joined everyone else. Rocking chairs cool breezes and a glass of wine. What a nice way to finish off a tiring long and stressful day. The room was spacious and very clean. We had no complaints. We slept hard and awoke early and rested the next day. If you are visiting Cades Cove, this is the perfect place to stay. The prices were to our liking and provided high value in our opinion. We will definitely go back. They called us the other day to let us know that they had found 6 pairs of socks in the bureau. They were not ours (we noticed that previous guests had left them). I was impressed that the staff would try to chase down the owners of a few pairs of socks. It exemplified the great customer service that we saw as their guests. Well done Townsend Gateway Inn.

Room Tip: They have cabins. Next time we will try those.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jerwarren
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Family owned so property and rooms very well taken care of and very clean. The 2 brothers and sister could not have been more accommodating during our stay. We stayed in one of the cottages which was perfect for the 3 of us. The hotel's family got us in to an attraction that was already full, gave us the name of a great hike, and even helped when one of our party was ill.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our cottage but they also have single rooms.
1 Thank Mia250
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Best Western Cades Cove Inn
#2 of 90 in Pigeon Forge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,124 reviews
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River

Been to Townsend Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!