“Unfriendliest People Ever....."Bad Attitudes"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Tremont Outdoor Resort
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We checked in and the ladies didn't know how to smile or say hi. They just told me how much was owed. I paid and she said here is your reciept and bathroom code. No have a nice stay or anything. Got to camp, 3 dead pine trees right over camper and car. No grills unlike website says. Have a ring on ground, but all the tops have been removed on all sites so you can't grill . They watch you like a hawk. Our neighbors moved to next site over with a pop-up as it was more level. A man was there in a blink of an eye to ask them why they moved. They told them their friends were coming in a tent so they could use that site. .We packed up in rain. Limb of dead tree fell in bed of my sons truck. My husband just knew a tree was going to fall. He moved our car and camper in front of office and went to change wet clothes. The lady in office called a man near pool and bath house and told him my husband just pulled up to use bathroom and wasn't camped there, even though we had car pass. My husband told him we were in C-3, but he wouldn't let him use bathroom. He just walked over to other bath house and changed. If we wern't camped there, we wouldn't have known the code. We stayed here once before. We packed up. Tubed. Went to change clothes before check-out time, and they threw a fit and said we weren't camped there. They also charge $5,00 for extra car. My son had to park on side of a county road through middle of camp. It doesn't belong to them, but they are making money off of it. We will never stay here again. You can't relax and enjoy yourself for them watching your every move.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank joesheila
There are newer reviews for Tremont Outdoor Resort

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We have stayed 4 times total in campground ... The reason we have stayed that much Is location location location... It's not for the friendliness I assure you. The ladies are rude and will not tell you what spot you will have untill you get there and I have never gotten a good spot. No matter how much I pay! And we do pay a lot!! Go to koa, or one of the others, it will be cheaper and less like prison.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Gypsyfamily6
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Loved this place when we arrived. Campstore was well stocked and clean - prices were not outrageous (actually pretty decent). People in the store were friendly. The sites on the creek are kept clean and the covered patios are great. A little highway noise if you stay in the spots close to the road, but the campground itself more than makes up for it. Strong WIFI everywhere in the camp. Pool and shower house were clean and well kept.

There is no AT&T or Verizon signals onsite, which led to the only issue we had the entire time we were there. We could not co-ordinate with family staying in a hotel, so they had to come into the campground to meet us when we got together. They were initially charged $3.00 a person (x3) just to drive into the camp to let us know they were ready to go to Cades Cove. The campground host refused to refund it at first (they were there less than 10 minutes), but they did make it right the day we left and refunded the charge to me (without me mentioning it again) with a letter apologizing for the misunderstanding. I do like the fact that they attempt to control guests with the fee but think they should have a 15 minute pass since there is no cell phone coverage.

Will definitely stay here during our next stay in Townsend.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I made a reservation by phone (since you can't make them online). Nothing was said to me about the deposit not being refundable. Due to my family being military, we had to cancel the reservation just a few days later, but still 60 days out. When I asked about a refund of the deposit ($175), I was told NO! THEY DON'T GIVE REFUNDS....IT'S THEIR "POLICY". I spoke with the manager and tried to explain that I was not told up front about this policy, and IT IS NOT ON THEIR WEBSITE! She said it was on my confirmation (after it was charged to my credit card!) I also tried to explain that I was a past customer, and this was a military reason, completely out of our control. She refused to work with me and kept referring to their "POLICY" that has been in place for 20 years. I have up to one year from the date of my reservation to reschedule another stay and they will transfer "a portion" of my deposit to that reservation. However, after being treated the way I was, I am willing to write off the money rather than stay with them and give them more money! I will NEVER stay with TREMONT OUTDOOR RESORT again! I hope that everyone planning a trip to the Great Smokey Mountains will stay somewhere else! This company does not comprehend Customer Service. This is a slap in the face to our Military Families! DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE! THEY ARE NOT UPFRONT WITH YOU ..VERY DECEPTIVE....AND WILL NOT DO THE RIGHT THING!

Room Tip: Get a Cabin further up the river
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Tina B
Reviewed 9 December 2011

First, let me say that the location is gorgeous (right next to the river but there are many campgrounds next to the river) and proximity to everything is great. Staff is friendly. However, this place is expensive but I knew that going into it. $35 base rate for 2 people and $4 per day/ person after that. Also, $5 per extra car/ per day. We had 4 adults & 2 cars which brought our daily rate to $48 + 14.25% tax. I went in Sat morning to tell them that Sat night, we would only have 3 ppl so could they knock off the extra $4 charge since she wouldn't be there. Sorry, no refunds. Ok. I asked if we could do a late checkout and was told it would be $3 hr. Really? This place was EMPTY! We had already spent $275 and couldn't stay a bit longer without getting charged?! We decided to stay a 6th night so late checkout didn't matter anymore. They initially undercharged us for the 6th night but quickly REFUNDED that and re-charged the correct amount. Thought there wasn't any refunds?! I would not stay here again because of the expense and their unwillingness to budge. It was nice this time of year because of the privacy but any other time, you would feel on top of each other. Office hours are silly too: 10am- Noon. Closed Noon-3pm. 3pm- 5pm.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Now_Picture_This
Reviewed 9 October 2011

CG staff left tractor in neutral on top of the hill. The runaway tractor was heading straight for the playground with my 2 children and 7 other nieces and nephews. The tractor clipped the corner of an old building and stopped the runaway tractor 50ft from the kids. CG staff never even apologized. They actually got an attitude about it.
They failed to mention their bridge was under construction, 1 lane, 9ft wide, construction crews, cranes, metal pounding, you get the picture. It sounded like thunder anytime someone drove over the bridge, even at night.
Don't even bother with sites B and C if you have any kind of camper. They have just spread gravel on the hill side and called it a day.
All of this for $74.99 a night for 2 adults and 2 children under 10. Save your time and go to the KOA, it's right next door and much nicer.

Room Tip: Stay on loop "A" if you must go. B and C are obviously a poorly thought out after thought...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff D
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We stayed in the Knotty Pine cabin and we can't wait to go back. Beautiful, quiet, a jacuzzi, porch swing and the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Tremont Lodge and Resort
Courtyard Gatlinburg
Courtyard Gatlinburg
#2 of 78 in Gatlinburg
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel

Been to Tremont Outdoor Resort? Share your experiences!