“pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tremont Outdoor Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Tremont Outdoor Resort
maryland
“pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here 7 days in a travel trailer with our 2 children (girl 10, boy 16). After all the negative reviews I was a little hesitant to stay here but we have had a very pleasant experience. Not one problem with the staff. We stayed on a premium riverside site which was beautiful. Unfortunately, because of all the rain the river was closed to tubers while we were there. We did leave a day earlier than planned and did not receive a refund which i new in advance (left to see our dgt in nc on our way home). The campground was well maintained, the people were friendly, it was in a good location near cades cove. The site were not large but I've seen much worse. About 40 minutes from the Sugarland Visitor Center and Gatlinburg. We did not use the bathroom facilities or pool while we were there. We were gone from the campground most of the days while we were site seeing. I would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: we stayed by the river in the A section, site 21. it was beautiful
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank luvmyfive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in one of the "premium" cabins. The cabin was decent but It smelled really bad. I had to go the store and get air freshener. For the premium price I expected better.

A guest of mine came to the campground to pick me up and take me out for dinner. The campground charged them $3 a person to drive up to our cabin just to pick me up to leave. Where's the common sense? That was a returning customer deal breaker for me.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Motojays
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We camped in a motorhome at Tremont for 9 days and found the facilities Clean, and very well maintained. We had a riverside site in the "A" section, which is across the river from a 2 lane highway, which was fine as the sound of the river drowned out any traffic noise. All riverfront sites have a small deck which turned out to be very useful since it rained on and off for the first few days we were there. The campground is very Park like with lots of trees and grass and each Lot is staggered between each site (so you don't look directly at the RV Next door!) We looked at the other RV parks in the area and NONE were even close to being as nice as Tremont.

Since I waited too late to book our site, we were only able to stay 7 days on the river but the folks in the office (especially Gail) were absolutely awesome by working her schedule for us to move across the way from our original site. The grounds crew actually came over and hooked up our tow dolly to his golf cart and put it in the new location for us!

The proximity to the Great Smokies/Cades Cove was excellent! and it was just a beautiful 30 minute drive to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. I will Definitely stay at Tremont again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank docsnow05
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

The environmental ambiance of the Tremont RV Resort is phenomenal, e.g. the babbling brook the proximity to the Smokey Mountains, the weather,and clean bathrooms. However that’s where the term Outdoor Resort comes to a screeching halt. I don’t mind paying top dollar for a top dollar site, but I certainly did not expect to pay top dollar for a less than average facility. My first impression of the facility is that it resembles an RV parking lot... The sites are packed within inches of each other, no privacy between sites, no BBQ grills on any of the sites, my site was unpaved, uneven and slopped, the fire rings are rusted through and the attitude at the main office was abysmal. This was my first and quite frankly it will be my last visit to this location. Even with the 20% discount it was less then favorable. Plenty of other facilities available which I am almost sure are better value.

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AlRauf
Anderson, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

We had stayed at many campgrounds. Our son has medical issues and we had to find a site that had power for given medicine. I'll start by saying the showers/restrooms were very clean. Other than that this place should be avoided if your a tent camper. The owner will insult you in front of your children. The fire ring is a small portion of an oil barrel, not very safe. The site we had was on a hill with no pad for tents. We had 2 days of rain and mud. When we tried to rent a cabin for our last night we were told 2 day minimum. There is no grill for cooking food. We did not stay our full 3 days. I would find another campground if your tent camping.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank KarlH399
Lenoir City, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

This is a great spot to winter camp. We chose the B section because we wanted both the river frontage and the large site. If you like the constant sound of rushing water then the top end of section B or the bottom end of section A is the place to be. The covered platforms combined with complete hookups make the winter rate of $35/night a good buy.
I've read the complaints about the attitude of the staff. That can happen when there are a lot of rules and no discretion or authority given to staff to think for themselves in the situation at hand. We found the staff to be very accommodating. We offered to pay for extended checkout and were not charged at all for the extra few hours.
Couldn't give a perfect score because the condition of the bathrooms. A resort of this caliber and expense should have more up to date and comfortable bathrooms. (Might want to look at Misty River CG down the road for great bathhouses. )

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Kelly F
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

I just got off the phone with Judy, such a nice lady. I made my reservations for this spring, as I stayed there last spring and loved it. The office staff and groundspeople were great, very helpful to this yankee. What a gorgeous area. I had a creekside spot in B, Nice, roomy and great WiFi. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for creekside in area B
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo