“Great place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Tremont Outdoor Resort
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I (and our dog) had a 'B' Section spot on the river in our pop up camper. We were able to watch the tubers float by which was very entertaining. The bathrooms were clean, as were the grounds. The camp spots are big enough with a fire pit and a nice picnic table. There was also a covered deck that we could sit on and watch the river even in the rain. The lady that checked us in was very nice. We had no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joelene H

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I rented a standard cabin here for two nights in June. I booked well in advance and was aware of the extra charges I would incur for bringing children along. Even in a cabin that sleeps six, only two guests are included in the published price. Each additional guest will cost $10 per night.

I requested SC5 based on the map on the resort's website. It had a view of the pool and a view of the playground. My request was granted. It was immediately clear that the cabin was not as "cabiny" as the ones we have rented in other campgrounds. The small porch was not covered. The picnic table, grill, and firepit were all crowded onto a small patch of gravel beside the cabin. Landscaping was minimal. There was no underpinning for the cabin making it look much like a trailer or large storage unit. The unit did have a full sink, stove/oven, and some dishes and cookware. The separate bedroom had a large storage unit. The bunks were high enough off the ground to store some items underneath. The bathroom was tiny as expected.

While the cabin wasn't quite up to my expectations, all was well until about 7:30 on the first night. The window air conditioner began making loud sounds and ceased to cool. Unfortunately, there were no obvious options for repair between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. My group of six made it through the night by opening windows. I visited the camp store/office at 9:00 to report the issue. After a maintenance worker looked at the unit, we waited 30 minutes for him to return with options. Our options were to remain in the cabin until a new air unit could be installed (anticipated to be late in the evening) or move to another cabin. We chose to move to another cabin and were reassigned SC10 which is straight up the hill from SC5. We waited another hour for the new cabin to be cleaned even though no one had stayed in it the night before. There was no offer to assist us in moving, discount our stay, or upgrade our cabin. Three hours of our day were wasted dealing with the issue.

The new cabin, SC 10 did have a larger deck with the picnic table on the deck. However, the firepit was complete unusable. The free wi-fi did not pick up in this cabin.

Later in the day, I attempted to buy a few supplies for dinner at the camp store only to be told that I couldn't use my debit card for an $8 purchase. A $10 minimum is required. It was the same employee who had dealt with my air conditioner problem. Maybe I am asking too much, but I thought after the hassle I had gone through, without even the slightest of apologies, they could bend the debit card rule.

Pros: quiet, open green spaces
Cons: unfriendly staff, poor customer service, mediocre pool, limited river access for cabins, little landscaping around cabins, weak wi-fi, mediocre playground, unusable fire pits

I decided to give this place a try even after reading negative reviews. The unfriendly office staff and lack of customer service are the reasons I won't return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Christie411
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We've stayed at another campground on the river up the road from here and thought it was marginal at the very best. Rode through here last year to check it out and decided to come back. Was here for 6 days and enjoyed all the time , even in the rain. This place is so much nicer and much cleaner than the other. The campsite on the river with the nice shelter was great. Could watch all the tubers and interact with them easily. Tubed right in front of our site and just lounged in the river. The swimming pool and the restrooms were clean and in good shape. WIFI and cable TV were great.Will definitely be back next year. This is one of the more expensive campgrounds but in my mind it was worth the extra $ as its clean and everything is nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank bigjake392
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This one of the most scenic places in the Smoky Mountains! It is just so peaceful and has the best scenery with a lovely mountain river that runs by, Loved everything about it! Everybody was friendly and the staff was very professional. There are lots right on the river where you can fish or tube down!

1  Thank PATRICIA G
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stated at Tremont the last week of May and it was a wonderful experience. I had read all the reviews prior to going and was skeptical. However, dont go by the negative reviews because this place is great! We had a lot on the water which I highly recommend! You can see people tubing down the river all day and its nice to listen to at night. The lots ARE BIG enough so I dont understand the negativity in the previous posts. Staff are NICE! The campground is clean and pet friendly and you couldnt ask for a better location! There is lots of shade and the tenters are seperate from the campers which I liked. There is a wonderful restaurant called the "Steak and Trout House" just down the road and also the Black Bear Cafe! (wonderful Pies). The campground is at the mouth of the park. Please give this place a chance and ignore all the negative comments!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lynn p
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had the BEST experience here! The campground was plenty big enough for our tent and came with a nice firepit and easily accessible electrical hook ups. At night the Little River lulls you to sleep. We actually had a campground near the bathroom, so it was a little bit lit up, but we just covered that half of our tent to block the light and it was fine. It's a little tough to stargaze right there because there was a big tree, but that tree sure came in handy to shade from the hot sun! The bathrooms were immaculately clean! We will definitely be coming back! For $30/night you just can't beat the experience!

2  Thank darrensgal
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We checked in on a Sunday late afternoon, the campground was nice and quiet. Only one other tent camper was there. The only suggestion I could lend is to not too close to the shower house as it is lit up really well and might shine in your tent if you're looking to star gaze in your tent. The shower house was immaculate and the reception was more than friendly.

2  Thank ShannonMorris