“Great place for a getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Tremont Outdoor Resort
“Great place for a getaway”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was our first time at Tremont,
We were a little nervous about some negative reviews, but we're very glad we went.
We stayed in a site on the river, I can't comment on the facilities because we are self contained
And didn't have need to use them. I can say the sites are all beautiful, lots of trees , but not so many that it was difficult to navigate the sites. I liked the tent sites were separate from the full hookups, tent sites looked nice as well. I don't think most people would be disappointed here.
We stayed here in the spring and have made reservations for the fall already.The staff was friendly
And assisted us with our late check in because we were arriving late .
Overall we were happy with the staff and sites.
We look foreword to coming back.

Room Tip: All sites are good
Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our time here. The pool, river and laundromat were nice. Everyone was nice and friendly. Was quite and we even slept in late. Cell phone service was not great but allowed for the much needed time of being unplugged!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie P
Pikeville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I (and our dog) had a 'B' Section spot on the river in our pop up camper. We were able to watch the tubers float by which was very entertaining. The bathrooms were clean, as were the grounds. The camp spots are big enough with a fire pit and a nice picnic table. There was also a covered deck that we could sit on and watch the river even in the rain. The lady that checked us in was very nice. We had no complaints.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joelene H
Vonore, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I rented a standard cabin here for two nights in June. I booked well in advance and was aware of the extra charges I would incur for bringing children along. Even in a cabin that sleeps six, only two guests are included in the published price. Each additional guest will cost $10 per night.

I requested SC5 based on the map on the resort's website. It had a view of the pool and a view of the playground. My request was granted. It was immediately clear that the cabin was not as "cabiny" as the ones we have rented in other campgrounds. The small porch was not covered. The picnic table, grill, and firepit were all crowded onto a small patch of gravel beside the cabin. Landscaping was minimal. There was no underpinning for the cabin making it look much like a trailer or large storage unit. The unit did have a full sink, stove/oven, and some dishes and cookware. The separate bedroom had a large storage unit. The bunks were high enough off the ground to store some items underneath. The bathroom was tiny as expected.

While the cabin wasn't quite up to my expectations, all was well until about 7:30 on the first night. The window air conditioner began making loud sounds and ceased to cool. Unfortunately, there were no obvious options for repair between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. My group of six made it through the night by opening windows. I visited the camp store/office at 9:00 to report the issue. After a maintenance worker looked at the unit, we waited 30 minutes for him to return with options. Our options were to remain in the cabin until a new air unit could be installed (anticipated to be late in the evening) or move to another cabin. We chose to move to another cabin and were reassigned SC10 which is straight up the hill from SC5. We waited another hour for the new cabin to be cleaned even though no one had stayed in it the night before. There was no offer to assist us in moving, discount our stay, or upgrade our cabin. Three hours of our day were wasted dealing with the issue.

The new cabin, SC 10 did have a larger deck with the picnic table on the deck. However, the firepit was complete unusable. The free wi-fi did not pick up in this cabin.

Later in the day, I attempted to buy a few supplies for dinner at the camp store only to be told that I couldn't use my debit card for an $8 purchase. A $10 minimum is required. It was the same employee who had dealt with my air conditioner problem. Maybe I am asking too much, but I thought after the hassle I had gone through, without even the slightest of apologies, they could bend the debit card rule.

Pros: quiet, open green spaces
Cons: unfriendly staff, poor customer service, mediocre pool, limited river access for cabins, little landscaping around cabins, weak wi-fi, mediocre playground, unusable fire pits

I decided to give this place a try even after reading negative reviews. The unfriendly office staff and lack of customer service are the reasons I won't return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Christie411
Dry Ridge, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We've stayed at another campground on the river up the road from here and thought it was marginal at the very best. Rode through here last year to check it out and decided to come back. Was here for 6 days and enjoyed all the time , even in the rain. This place is so much nicer and much cleaner than the other. The campsite on the river with the nice shelter was great. Could watch all the tubers and interact with them easily. Tubed right in front of our site and just lounged in the river. The swimming pool and the restrooms were clean and in good shape. WIFI and cable TV were great.Will definitely be back next year. This is one of the more expensive campgrounds but in my mind it was worth the extra $ as its clean and everything is nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank bigjake392
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This one of the most scenic places in the Smoky Mountains! It is just so peaceful and has the best scenery with a lovely mountain river that runs by, Loved everything about it! Everybody was friendly and the staff was very professional. There are lots right on the river where you can fish or tube down!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PATRICIA U
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stated at Tremont the last week of May and it was a wonderful experience. I had read all the reviews prior to going and was skeptical. However, dont go by the negative reviews because this place is great! We had a lot on the water which I highly recommend! You can see people tubing down the river all day and its nice to listen to at night. The lots ARE BIG enough so I dont understand the negativity in the previous posts. Staff are NICE! The campground is clean and pet friendly and you couldnt ask for a better location! There is lots of shade and the tenters are seperate from the campers which I liked. There is a wonderful restaurant called the "Steak and Trout House" just down the road and also the Black Bear Cafe! (wonderful Pies). The campground is at the mouth of the park. Please give this place a chance and ignore all the negative comments!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lynn p
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Tremont Lodge and Resort
The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
Courtyard Gatlinburg
Courtyard Gatlinburg
#3 of 78 in Gatlinburg

Been to Tremont Outdoor Resort? Share your experiences!