“Love this place!”

Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dancing Bear Lodge's full-service restaurant, Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro, is one of the finest Townsend, TN area restaurants. It offers casually elegant, regional cuisine. Enjoy simple fare from a menu that is refined, but not fussy. Family and friends gathering for a fun meal as well as couples seeking a romantic dinner for two surrounded by wooded views, are equally at home here.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We are staying at The Dancing Bear. We only made reservations for one night but after last night's dinner we decided to come back tonight. Last night I had the New York strip with mushroom risotto and my husband had the trout with shrimp & grits. Both were excellent. Tonight my husband had the New York strip and I had the chicken with gnocchi. I never order chicken out because we eat so much of it at home. Boy am I glad I did. It was fabulous. It was so moist and had the most delicious sauce. The salads were delicious, too. We don't know about the desserts because both nights we were too full to even consider eating anything else!

1  Thank NewboldBroad

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I were staying in a cabin in Townsend, and visited the Dancing Bear for dinner with friends. All four meals were excellent, as usual. (We have eaten there before). I had perfect duck breast, and the others had pork tenderloin and trout. All were very good. The appetizer (enough for all four) was the "in jars" pimento cheese, black-eyed peas hummus, and trout spread with great flatbread. Perfectly beautiful setting,comfortable and casual. A wonderful evening.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

The setting is lovely among the trees. A nice mountain cabin feel. The waiters, servers ,etc... were very mannerly and gave good advice as to food. The food was very good, but the portions were small. For the most part everything was a la carte. It is expensive, so take your wallet.
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a lovely evening .

1  Thank sheffie1304
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We have eaten here several times and always satisfied. The menu is somewhat limited (and it seems like it is always the same). The food is very good and service is usually attentive although the last time our waiter "disappeared" for quite a while and we finally had to flag down another server to re-fill drinks.

1  Thank TN-Worm
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Everything about the Dancing Bear is special. Atmosphere (particularly in the winter with the fireplaces) is exceptional. So is the service--on all of my half dozen or so visits. Food / menu borders on gourmet. Good stuff like that doesn't come cheap, nor should it be expected to be. That's why I only go there on special occasions--but always feel well-fed, well-treated and well-worth it.