“Nice time”

Davy Crockett Riding Stables
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We had a great ride. Josh was our guide and he was very good. Yes the trail were muddy but that happens. Horses are in good shape and listened very well

2  Thank Harvey B

Reviewed 14 September 2013

My family has a varying degree of experience from very young beginner to experienced. We went on 3 different trail rides (1 hour, 1.5 hour and then the half day ride). Each ride was tailored to our particular needs for the day. We had Josh & Rhonda for guides and both were patient, informative, great conversationists and entertaining. We will definitely be back many times in the future.

2  Thank Loretta M
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This was the fourth time I have ridden with the Davy Crockett riding stables. And by far this is the best stable in the entire area! These horses are so well treated, the guides are good ole country folk they know what their doing and make your ride so pleasant and I guess it would depend in the guide, but Jimmie was our guide and I can't list how many times me my mom and my sister were laughing our heads off at his stories. You could tell he loved what he did. The scenery can't get any better then this. Unless you rather be riding on the beach. The smokies are so visible from all trails and you will come across beautiful pastures and the ride through the wooded area is just as scenic. It's a little far out if you're staying in the pigeon forge area. But that's a good thing. Literally everytime I go I look forward to the drive there. No matter if you come via Little River road from gatlinburg or down Wears Valley Rd from pigeon forge, their both some of the most gorgeous road side scenery you can get. It is a must do if you visit the pigeon forge/ gatlinburg/ Townsend area for vacation or even if you're a local looking for a fun time!

2  Thank rejoice c
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I have not gone riding in years. From the moment we called the stables till the end of our trail ride, we were so impressed with Davy Crockett Riding Stables. We signed up for the two hour trail ride, but were hesitant that we might be up to it. It's been years since we have gone riding. They said, "Just pay for one hour and if you decide you want to continue you can just pay at the end!" Jason was our guide and he was patient, interesting and carefully watched all of the people on our ride to make sure we were safe and enjoying our ride. It was such a great ride. We went to places you could only get to on a horse. It was amazing. We completed the first hour and asked to do another. We recommend it highly!!!!

2  Thank djleek
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We had such a great time last year, we returned again this week. Our two daughters LOVED every minute of it! After they enjoyed a nice hour-long ride, the owners let them brush and pet the horses for a LONNNGGG time! Apparently some stables won't let you do that, due to insurance issues, but the horses here are so well-mannered and tame, that it wasn't any problem. My girls were in horse heaven for hours!! The ride took us through forested trails. The guide last year was nicer. The younger guy is nicer; the older guy isn't quite as nice. Tip: If possible, wear long pants, because you will ride close to branches.

2  Thank Cubbermom