“Fried grouper”

Black Bear Cafe
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a late lunch, and there were cars in the lot (a favorable sign). The special was fried grouper, hush puppies, greens, and pinto beans. Everything was good, even if it wasn't overly exciting. The grouper, despite seeming out of place in Tennessee, was cooked just right. The service was pleasant, and I felt welcome. It was a nice little cafe, and I would stop by again.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Food was good, not fancy. Price were very reasonable. Obviously this is a very popular place because it was crowded. Service was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've eaten at a "Black Bear Cafe" in three states. I found this one on a Trip Advisor, and knew I had to visit. I had the fish sandwich with a side of fried okra. It was wonderful, and plenty I took half home with me. I also got a piece of pecan apple cake to go. It was great as well. The sutures as superb. I assumed I was slaking to he owner when I paid my ticket. It old her I was from southwest Louisiana. She never mentioned she was from my state.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were unsure where to eat in townsend since we had never been there before. While browsing on tripadvisor I found this restaurant. It did not disappoint. You can tell this restaurant is run by a family that actually cares about what the customers think about their service and their food. It was great. We also noticed many locals eating here which is a compliment in itself. It has a cute bear décor throughout the restaurant. We really enjoyed the pie.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in the black bear cafe on a rainy summer day and had a fantastic experience. The food came out quick and was delicious! We will be back!

Been to Black Bear Cafe? Share your experiences!