“Delightful Strawberry Cake”

Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Townsend
Cuisines: American
“Delightful Strawberry Cake”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I had the strawberry cake which was so fresh it was heaven! I also got a bacon truffle if you can believe that. Everything just looked so fresh and good and I wanted to take one of everthing home.

Springfield, MO
“A Chocolate Lover's Heaven”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Wow! Chocolate fudge, candy, chocolate frozen yogurt, gifts, food, everything yummy! Pleasant atmosphere ... couches and a big screen TV.

Visited July 2014
LaFayette, Georgia
“Selection”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Being a chocoholic and having passed that gene down to my son, we had to make a stop here. We loved the play on the name and the location. Upon entering, I was surprised at the size of the store and the fact that it's more than that. It was about midday on a Tuesday so crowd was small but there were tables and chairs, a stage for live entertainment, the usual display cases to show off the chocolatey goods, and gourmet coffee and drinks to boot. As always, it was tough making a decision from among the two or three dozen different selections, including some baked goods which looked fabulous, but I narrowed it down to a float for my son and some milk chocolate covered pecans for me. His float was made with yogurt and was very good, and the nuts were very good as well. Needing a coffee/chocolate fix while in Townsend or Cades Cove? Look no further than the Chocolate B'ar!

Visited July 2014
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Chocolate addicts rejoice”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Whatever type of chocolate fix you need, you can find here. The truffles are beautiful and yummy. There is a nice lounge atmosphere and room enough for the young ones to stretch their legs.

• Visited July 2014
East TN
“Horrible customer service”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We have a weekend getaway in Townsend and go up every weekend to relax. Being addicted to my morning latte, we frequently drive into the nearest town to Starbucks. I was pleasantly surprised to stumble across this shop last weekend. The chocolate was good, the latte was okay, nothing great. But since we didn't have to make that 40 mile round trip to Starbucks, it would suffice.

Today (Saturday), at 10:45am, we were rudely turned away because of a private party. The place was closed for regular business. I get that, honestly. But to be rudely told that the place was closed and have a door slammed in my face is unacceptable.

I'll make the drive to Starbucks. The coffee's better and the staff is MUCH nicer!! I had to give it 1 star, there was no option for 0 or negative. :(

3 Thank kwithtwo