“Great”
Cozy, quaint, quiet, cute.  All it needs is YOU!
You've found your 'Refuge'
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Cozy, quaint, quiet, cute.  All it needs is YOU!
You've found your 'Refuge'
You'll want to do this!
Fire pit ... marshmallows anyone?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

miketaffl...
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Great”
Reviewed 10 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Perfect get away. Close to everything but far enough to relax on mountain side. Billy was very easy to get ahold of and great to deal with. I have recommended to everyone I know.

Vacatione...
“It was just as expected”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in March 2017

The cabin was the perfect size for me and my two kids. They loved it! It was cozy and comfortable! Thank you....

Your age range 35-49
Paul S
Marion
“The Peaceful Side of the Smokies”
Reviewed 8 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We go the Smoky Mountains every chance we get and have stayed in Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, Gatlinburg, a ridge high above Wears Valley, and Maggie Valley. This time I wanted to visit the Townsend area with my wife and autistic son. We needed a kitchen, enough sleeping capacity, off the highway, near a river, and not too far up the mountain so we could easily get back and forth each day. With all that and an off season discount, Refuge more than fit the bill. I had my wife look over the pictures and description before I booked and she approved. Had no trouble locating the cabin thanks to excellent directions. I did have to walk up the road to get a signal to call because I didn't see the keybox on the left porch post. I was looking for a big box like realtors use on doors and this is a tiny case not much bigger than the key itself. Code and key worked fine once I located it. Unloaded, made the short drive to Cades Cove and saw three bears (Goldilocks was beside me in the passenger seat). Came back to town and bought groceries for our stay, then ate on the balcony above the stream. Wound up not using the hot tub as we were content to just curl up in bed after each full day.

kfw2891
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“It was amazing! Refuge was a home away from home. We will be back.”
Reviewed 1 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Everything was awesome! Sitting on the porch and listening to the river and nature all around was very relaxing. We visited Gatlinburg, Pigion Forge and hiked Laurel Falls. We also went to Cades Cove.

Your age range 50-64
Gaffney, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Service
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Priscilla...
Pensacola
“The name is correct....Refuge!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

The cabin is just like it was described! We love Cades Cove so wanted some place to stay in Townsend. This was wonderful! My husband fell in love with the porch. With the lush greenery, you could only see a little of the river but that was enough. There is WiFi if you wish to use it. Our cell phones did not work at the cabin but Ms. Billie has a party-line land phone for your use. Cell coverage was available once you went back into Townsend (down the hill!!). It was fine. Ms. Billie was a delight to work with and she provided so much love in the cabin! We will be recommending the cabin to our friends and we would return to this lovely cabin.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything!!
Liked least: Having to leave!!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Buttersmo...
Louisville, Ohio
“Just as pictured!”
Reviewed 19 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The cabin was just as you see in the pictures, very beautiful! The bed was amazing, so comfortable. We had a wonderful relaxing time. Was a little hard to view the river below due to all the trees, but you are in the mountains......

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing