“Sweet Adventure”
Review of GSM MotoRent

GSM MotoRent
Ranked #3 of 5 Tours in Townsend
More attraction details
Owner description: At GSM Motorcycle Rental our #1 goal is to provide you, the rider with an experience you will not soon forget. Our fleet of dual sport, adventure touring bikes, sport bikes and cruisers, including Kawasaki, BMW, Yamaha, Suzuki & Can AM Spyder, maps and routes of the areas we serve, offers you the opportunity to have that exciting and remarkable experience on your own or with a group. Lodging also available.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

After visiting Gatlinburg for many years, I was looking for something different and happened upon this little gem. Normally, I ride sport bikes around this area, but was looking for something which gets me out in nature. Picking up the DS 650 dual sport bike with GSM was easy and painless, and Dan had the thing gased up and ready to go upon my arrival. Dan went over the suggested riding areas, provided me with a detailed mileage/directional instruction sheet, and supplied me with a flat kit (in the rare event it was needed). The bike ran flawlessly and the adventure he directed me to was fabulous. By the end of the day almost 200 miles of street and dirt jeep roads were traversed, including small stream crossings, decent hill climbs and descents, and diverse back roads. If you choose to do it, just be cautious around blind corners as jeeps and horses occasionally travel these areas.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We rented the BMW 1200RT. My husband was extremely impressed with the bike. The owners were very helpful, they lined up a great couple of rides. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Tucked away down a little gravel road in Townsend sits GSM Motorent. As my girlfriend and I walked up to what I would describe as my dream home we were greeted by their dog Sam and the owner Dan. Dan was incredibly friendly and chatted with us a bit before we started the rental paperwork. I immediately told him he had a set-up I hope to have at some point in my life. His garage was immaculate and filled with some of the best bikes on the road. As a motorcyclist it was like I was in heaven. Dan had the bike ready to go, the paperwork only took a few minutes, and he explained everything in great detail. Once the paperwork was done he got us set-up with helmets, went over the bike with me, supplied us with maps, and suggested some great routes for us to check out. Before we took off he was even nice enough to snap a quick photo for us.

It was a great experience from start to finish. Dan, Debbie, and the dog Sam were incredibly friendly. I highly recommend GSM if you're looking for a bike to ride while you're in the area.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended!

We rented over night and the owners were incredibly flexible and understanding with pick-up and drop-off time.

Also were happy to provide rain suits, gloves, and helmets.

The BMW Adventurer was in excellent shape and the owners were patient and friendly in a familial way as they gave us the 411 on the bike.

Also had no problem keeping our vehicle there for the duration if the rental.

What we didn't expect:
Restroom
Restaurant right next door (complete with sweet tea, okra and frog legs ;)).

1  Thank Jem2700
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The owners of GSM are great, they know bikes, bikers, and the roads we like to ride. I'd recommend GSM to anyone who wants to expand their experience of The Smokies and all it has to offer people whose preference is two wheels over four.