“Peaceful serenity words can not put our short but...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Alone At Last

Alone At Last Exterior
Alone At Last Living Room with Wood burning fireplace Alone At Last Fully Equipped Kitchen
Check Availability
Alone At Last Master Bedroom with King bed
Alone At Last Bathroom with shower, whirlpool bath and laundry area
Alone At Last Hot Tub
Alone At Last Deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Terri B
Germanton, North Carolina
“who is their photographer????”
Reviewed 16 June 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

My mom and I stayed in this cabin during a yearly getaway . I have rented many cabins around the area in past and I have to say this was the Worst. First of all the mattress on the beds are a joke! I could not have imagine d what it would have been to have been sharing the bed with another person. Every move you make it makes popping noises becsuse it is extremely cheap mattresses. I could be laying in my bed and hear every move my mom made.The other problems I had with this cabin where the Black crud that continue d to come out of the sink in the bathroom. We were having to get the plunger every day we were there. I read in the guest book that one of the other guest got into the tub and turned the jets on and the same black crud came out. There was a paper on the table that said the " hot tub" had to be cleaned before using! It did not have any chlorine smell to it, so I had to assume it had not been sanitized. Did not use.when you got to really looking at this cabin it did not look clean. BUT the absolute worse thing about this cabin was the road you have to turn into! If you are heading toward townsend not so bad. You can make the turn into the road that is smack in the middle of a curve. But if you are coming back from townsend you sre risking your life crossing across the road to mame the turn . We continually had to go up the road and turn around.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
2 Feb 2016
Very surprised by this review. The cabin is located on a private road that is on a curve in the highway. It is a two lane highway that is not very busy. More often than not, I don't even have to stop for on coming traffic to cross over on to the road. Unfortunately, mattresses are an item up for debate. Some like soft mattresses and some like hard. We did check these mattresses after this review and found that they are both in good condition (only about 5 years old) but we did place a memory foam topper on one just in case one of the guests might want a softer bed. They were both pretty firm.

It would have been nice if this guest would have called our office to get assistance with the "black crud" that they saw. We have gone back several time and asked guests after them if they have noticed any such thing and we have not been able to find what they are taking about. If a guests will just make a phone call to us, we will fix any problems that they might be having.
northvill...
Northville, Michigan
“Nice cabin, terrible management company”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

This is a nice cabin and I would probably rent it again; it was a good value, but there are some things you should know before you decide to stay there.
When I arrived, the bathroom and kitchen were not very clean at all. The dishwasher was disgusting and the shower had long black hair on the wall.
The management company is very rude, lazy, and nasty. They refused even simple requests to come and clean things that were dirty when I got there. They also say they will leave you with laundry and dishwasher detergent but they don't. There were two spoons and three forks. The wine "glasses" were cheap thin plastic. It's missing a lot of simple basic things like a cutting board. The couch smelled like gym socks.
At one point when I called the management company about an issue, the man who answered the phone started viciously screaming and yelling at me, he repeatedly yelled and yelled. It was insanely unprofessional and rude. Mind you, I did not raise my voice at all.
The wi-fi did not work for four days. All they had to do was call the cable company but they refused.
Once they have your money they don't care about anything. They will do nothing for you. Bring some basic things to clean the cabin once you get there. Be prepared to be treated very poorly if you need anything. You will be screamed at.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot tub, location, price
Liked least: Being screamed at by the management company, filthy kitchen and bathroom
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
25 Jul 2014
I suppose the only thing that I can say about this comment is to please read the rest of our reviews to make a decision for yourself. This person only complained about the smell in the dishwasher. We went over right away to see what we could do to help. We couldn't find anything wrong but sprayed it with kitchen cleaner, wiped it out thoroughly and left. She called again. I went out again and found an onion peel in the drain that I had to unscrew the bottom of the dishwasher to get to. No one screamed at her but she did use profanity and scream at us on more than one occasion. She insisted that the internet did not work but everytime we went there to check it, it was fine. I think it may have been her device. She did mention a long hair in the shower stall on her 4th day at the cabin. We went and cleaned the shower stall for her on that same day. I'm assuming it was her hair after showering in it for 4 days before finding it. We take our customers satisfaction very seriously but every once in a while, we get someone who we can not make happy.

We have staff available from 8am - 10pm daily and always put our guests needs first. Please read the rest of our guests comments and take this one with a grain of salt. Thank you!!
Jennifee1...
“Peaceful serenity words can not put our short but awesome stayWe actually rented smokey view”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We actually rented smokey view which had the best sunset view I have ever seen and the clear stars simply breathtaking
We've been married 25 years and I survived a bloodclot so each day is a gift out 8 year old son loved the room to play and bonfire
Was so happy that could get rental same day
Upstairs lift had half bath and huge window to watch sunrise and set ill take a telescope next visit
Only couple things wifi had to keep being reset but I wasn't there for Internet and wish there was a way to test water but house well maintained and simple yet awesome decor knotty pine

Rooms Location
Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
24 Mar 2014
Hi Jennifer - I'm so happy that you had a great time at the cabin. Please call us if you have a need for a getaway in the future!!!
Indiana
Reviewed 20 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
19 May 2014
Thank you so much for allowing us to provide your vacation home during your stay in the Smoky Mountains. Please let us know if we can be of service to you in the future!!
Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
16 Mar 2014
Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience at the Alone At Last cabin. We strive to make sure that all of our guests have a great experience and love to get feedback. Thanks again and please let us know if you want to come back in the future. We do allow a discount for repeat customers.
ShaneandP...
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Relaxing and quiet!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Alone at Last was the perfect getaway for me and my wife! We were able to relax by the fire in the evenings. The cabin was well maintained and perfectly equipped. The hot tub provided the perfect ending to the day!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
26 Nov 2013
Thank you guys for leaving such a nice review for our cabin. We love hearing from our guests and would like to wish you guys a Merry Christmas!!! Thanks for staying with us and please let us know if we can be of service to you in the future!!
TN
Reviewed 24 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing