“Really great customer service!”

U-Man Power - Day Rentals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We rent, repair, and sell bicycles and recumbent bikes and trikes. A full service shop with tools, parts, accessories. We are a family run business. We are also one of the only frame builders in East Tennessee, so you may get to actually see bikes being built from scratch when you come to our shop. Customer service is our highest priority. We carry electric bikes for use in getting up and down the hills in Cades Cove. We also are open early on Wednesdays so stop by to get your bike here because they often run out of bikes to rent in the Cove.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Boone, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Really great customer service!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our family rarely bikes, but wanted to ride through Cades Cove without all of the traffic. We really lucked out finding this bike rental company! Like I said, we are rarely on a bike. We told these folks about what we planned on doing and they informed us that riding through the Cove was not an easy trip and suggested their battery powered bikes for our family. That suggestion made the absolute difference between our enjoyment of biking through the Cove! Without those bikes our biking trip would've been miserable, but with them it was fantastic. The owners went out of their way to accomodate everything we needed, and to help us in every way they could. Their knowledge and helpfullness made our trip a really great memory for our family, which is the enitre goal for me. If you want a really great bike, for a really great price, the knowledge of people who are experts, who offer fantastic customer service, go here.

Visited July 2014

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Bike rentals”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Good place to rent bikes while in townsend and ride on the bike trails. They were reasonably priced for rentals and had various lengths of time to rent and good selection of bikes and recumbent bikes and trikes. Would recommend.

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Good Friendly Down Home Folks”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I started looking in to buying a recumbent trike.Knowing nothing about them I was a bit skid-dish due to the price of these things. I couldn't find anyone in or around Knoxville that even carries them. Then a shop owner at one of the bike stores I went by told me of U-Man Power and that they rent them. The wife and went over last Sunday met and spoke with a very nice young lady at the counter and she spent a great deal of time explaining everything and answering all our questions. Then she set us up with trike and allowed us to try any one they had. Both of us swapped out bikes several times until we got one we felt most comfortable with. This meant spending the time to adjust each bike we tried to our specifications. On one of them the gentlemen even had to take some links out of the chain to make it short enough for my wife. To my pleasant surprise I loved riding these things. I quickly found one that suited me and these bikes are night and day over a standard 2 wheel bicycle. No more crook in the neck trying to hold your head up while humped over the handle bars. Nice and easy great work out while staying absolutely comfortable. These people know what great customer service means exemplify the meaning. We will go again and when the time comes to purchase we will certainly choose them to buy from.

Visited June 2014
townsendtrike, Owner at U-Man Power - Day Rentals, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thanks so much! We treat people as we want to be treated. We LOVE what we do and sell and want everyone to experience the joy of cycling. We put the effort into finding what works for every person. Come back and visit us again!!!
Friendsville, Tennessee
“Friendly, helpful and a great Value!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

They are very friendly and knowledgeable. They had a great selection and for competitive prices!!!!!

Visited October 2013
“U-Man Power - Smoky Mountain Recumbent Rally”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Drove 600+ miles to attend the Smoky Mountain Recumbent Rally sponsored by this bicycle shop. Wonderful folks, great shop and a really fun even event.

Picked up a few accessories for my recumbent trike during my stay. Descent prices and wonderful service.

Would highly recommend visiting Townsend and exploring the Smokys by bike (or trike). Don't have a bike or trike? ... no problem these locals will hook you up right!

Visited May 2014