“Extremely Comfortable Home Away from Home”
other travellers have booked this property
Screened Porch Fireplace
Master Bath
Spa Tub
Laundry Room
Upstairs Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 19 reviews

Reviews from our community

Safari655...
“Extremely Comfortable Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 21 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

We thoroughly enjoyed our family's stay at Rooster Creek Cabin. The lights were on when we arrived which was helpful since it was after dark. The cabin is conveniently located right off the main highway in Townsend. It was well equipped with everything that we needed in the kitchen, laundry area, and plenty of towels in each bathroom. Our family of five was very comfortable during our stay. I highly recommend staying at Rooster Creek Cabin. The only problem we encountered was that we could only stay two days and would have loved to stay longer!

Date of stay: August 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The convienient location.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
22 Aug 2016
We're so glad you enjoyed your visit to Rooster Creek.. It really takes a week to explore the area and enjoy the back porch.. We hope you will visit again.
Robert J
Nashville, Tennessee
“AWESOME Cabin!!! Fantastic place to stay!!!”
Reviewed 23 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

This cabin is great! I brought my college age daughter, Mom, and Dad. My sister her husband and my niece also joined us. I was in Townsend to run The Great Smoky Mountain Half Marathon. Packet pick-up was right next door to the cabin and the race passed right in front of the road the cabin is on! O.K. now on to the cabin. The inside is great, seems to have been recently remodeled. Downstairs you have the den kitchen and a big master suite. Top of the stairs are twin beds in the loft and another Master Suite. There is also a great screened in porch on the 1st level, very relaxing. The cabin is on a dead end road right off the main road in Townsend, very, very quiet. I would say this cabin is best for smaller groups. When you are in the downstairs BR you can hear everything going on up stairs and vice versa. This did not bother me that much, I am a sound sleeper. Last but not least, Kathy, the owner, is a very nice person and a pleasure to deal with. This will be my "go to" cabin when traveling to Townsend!

Date of stay: September 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole place!!!
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
beccawoo1...
Woodstock, Georgia
“Wonderful relaxing cabin for mountain getaway!”
Reviewed 15 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We enjoyed our stay at Rooster Creek! This was our family's first experience with renting a cabin, and we had a great time! The large yard and screened in porch was perfect for our 2 dogs. The living area was very comfortable, as well as the beds! The bathrooms and closets were large. We were pleased to find cleaning supplies and laundry detergent on hand. The cabin is located down a road that is at one end of the Townsend drive, so it takes only minutes to get to the restaurants and other activities. It is also a very short walk to the biking/walking trail. We would stay at Rooster Creek again, and would reccomend it to others!

Date of stay: June 2015
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
hnoland19...
Frazeysburg, Ohio
“Stay in Townsend”
Reviewed 7 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We had a great time in Townsend. The cabin was great-- clean and comfortable. The road was quiet and Kathy was very nice. I would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2015
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
FredLamm0...
Huntsville, Alabama
“Stay far exceeded my expectaions”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

Rooster Creek Cabin is the nicest cabin I have stayed in the past 14 years that I have been going to the Pigeon Forge, Townsend Area. The cabin was super clean, well stocked and in a quite secluded location. It also is convenient to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Cades Cove. We primarily go to view wild life, the scenery, to relax and enjoy family time. My wife had with us my 15 year old grand daughted and 95 year old mother in law. The both had a wonderful time along with us. We were fortunate enough to see 18 bears, a long with lots of deer, some turkey and other wild life.

The cabin was so nice and very comfortable, and we just cannot wait until our next visit.

Thank you for sharing this cabin with us

Date of stay: July 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Every thing was great
Liked least: Liked every thing. The only recommendation I would have, is upgraded TV's
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
EttaJuge
Winter Springs, Florida
“Great place to chill out in Townsend”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

The "cabin" (actually a beautiful, two-story wood home) sits in a lovely meadow in Townsend, not far from an entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Perfect location for accessing Cades Cove. The cabin is clean and very well maintained. Plenty of room for extended family to join us. The fully-equipped kitchen and large dining table easily accommodate six people. The cabin is located very close to the walking/bicycling trail that runs through Townsend and also the Little River.

Web site photos of the property truthfully depict the property.

Date of stay: May 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How comfortable and homey the place is.
Liked least: The steep hill to access the property, but that is minor.
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Heather D
Knoxville, TN
“Cozy Cabin for a Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

I just got back from my stay here. It was absolutely all it was promised to be. The property was nestled on property that was surrounded by field and stream. I found every room of the cabin to be both warm and inviting.
Everything you could need is there. You will enjoy rocking chairs, a fully stocked kitchen and laundry room, soft sheets, a stream, recliners, screened in back porch, nature, a fireplace and beds so comfortable you won't want to get out of them! I spent the first night there alone and the second night with family (5 of us total). I was at complete and total peace while I was there, which was exactly what I was looking for. I just opened the blinds in front of the kitchen table and spent time leisurely drinking my coffee and reading my Bible. It doesn't get any better than this. I would absolutely come back to stay here again!

Date of stay: February 2014
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.