“Heaven found in Townsend Tennessee”
Review of Dancing Bear Lodge

Dancing Bear Lodge
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
London, KY
“Heaven found in Townsend Tennessee”
Reviewed 12 December 2009

Ellegence found in the Smoky Mountains. If you yearn for peace and quiet, Dancing Bear Lodge is the place to go. Be treated like a King or Queen. Listen to the sounds of silence from your hot tub. Gourmet dining in a rustic atmosphere. Arrive stressed out to the max, leave rejuvenated.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
DancingBearOwner, owner at Dancing Bear Lodge, responded to this review, 13 December 2009
Thank you for your review of Dancing Bear Lodge. Your comments are very much appreciated. Our team loves receiving these reviews and our guest comment cards.

Merry Christmas from your friends at Dancing Bear!

Matt Alexander

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Dancing Bear Lodge has become one of our family's favorite vacation destinations. It is conveniently located near the Knoxville airport. Once you arrive at the lodge you feel as though you are far from the hustle and bustle of every day life. You are surrounded by the Smoky Mountains and all their beauty. The staff and service at the Dancing Bear Lodge is exceptional. The food created by chef Jeff is delectable. If you are planning to stay at the Dancing Bear be sure to make reservations for dinner. You will not be disappointed ! Our family has stayed at the Dancing Bear Lodge every fall for the past five years and we plan to continue the tradition.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
DancingBearOwner, Owner at Dancing Bear Lodge, responded to this review, 25 November 2009
Thank you for posting your review of Dancing Bear Lodge. My team will certainly appreciate reading your comments.

Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 11 November 2009

We stayed at the Dancing Bear Lodge with our friends while we did some Geocaching in the Townsend area. We stayed in the lodge in huge bedrooms with super king sized beds. The beds have feather mattresses, feather pillows and feather comforters. I had the best nights sleep I have ever had away from home. The deluxe continental breakfast was wonderful. We did not get to eat dinner, but it appeared the meals were not just home cooking as you would have thought by being in the mountains. We will stay at the Dancing Bear Lodge again soon.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. We are looking forward to another great year in the Smokies. Hope you will join us again.

Socrates9900
Reviewed 1 October 2009

Nice overnight stay and good meal, but think twice before planning an event or wedding at the lodge. Getting someone to return your call or even act like they care is next to impossible. The affiliation puts Blackberry Farms in a shameful light.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Socrates9900
DancingBearOwner, Owner at Dancing Bear Lodge, responded to this review, 11 November 2009
Dear Socrates9900,

I read your review. On behalf of my team, I apologize that we did not respond to your questions. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to answer any questions and send you information.

865-448-6906
Lexington, KY
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We visited Townsend, TN to spend the weekend hiking in the Smokies. Dancing Bear Lodge offered a comfortable, secluded stay very close to the park. Rooms were clean and overall the lodge was quiet. The lower level rooms are subject to the noise of the back porch where people gather for drinks at night. I would recommend staying on the second floor if possible. Continental breakfast was very nice- healthy cereals, quiche, yogurt, bagels & fruit. Also offer coffee & tea, which was nice. The lodge featherbeds were absolutely amazing, as described by others. Not a luxury lodge, so a bit pricey for what you get, but overall we would enjoy another stay.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bsmith410
UK
Reviewed 4 February 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Dancing Bear for a couple of nights in March '08 as part of a US road trip to celebrate our 50th birthdays.

We did enjoy our stay, and returned to the UK with good memories. However, nine months later, I discovered that the Lodge decided to charge my credit card $260 for a nights stay at the end of December. On contacting them, I was informed that they had a guest of the same name and had used my card in error. I was really surprised that a) they had made an unauthorised charge and b) they had retained my credit card details. Whilst I have received a refund I have still made a financial loss due to currency fluctuations when converting to £.
In raising this with the lodge I have failed to get any response at all.

Therefore, my message to anyone of thinking of visiting the Dancing Bear is enjoy the ambience and food, but beware their financial controls! Get them to destroy your card details before you leave.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
6 Thank Steve0909
KY
Reviewed 31 August 2008

We have just returned from a wonderful couple of days at the beautiful Dancing Bear Lodge in Townsend, TN. This is truly the quiet side of the mountain, and if you're planning a trip to the Smokies, I recommend that you consider this Lodge as your base camp. Whether you choose to spend your time on the property or visit the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, you won't be disappointed. We chose a room in the Lodge, but there are also cabins. There is a dining room and a continental breakfast is included in the rate. There are beautifully furnished areas for relaxing, reading and watching TV. I suppose that my only complaint would be that they didn't start the coffee early enough in the morning, but I found the staff to be very helpful and we look forward to returning to the Dancing Bear Lodge.

• Liked — Beautiful surroundings
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank KyRosecreek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Townsend Gateway Inn
#2 of 91 in Pigeon Forge
Courtyard Marriott Pigeon Forge
Courtyard Marriott Pigeon Forge
#1 of 91 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Dancing Bear Lodge? Share your experiences!