“Not a good place for a party”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Blue Smoke Mountain Cabins
Maryville, TN
“Not a good place for a party”
Reviewed 21 March 2007

I rented a cabin, Cherokee Breeze, for my boyfriend's birthday party. There were only 6 people total there. That night, there were people in the hot tub, and someone had started a fire in the fire pit. The owner came to the cabin at about 10 at night saying he's not used to "these kinds" of parties at his cabin. I don't know what he meant by that, unless he's never been to a party that served beer to legal-age adults. He also felt the need to remark, in front of the guests, that he was worried about all the stories he'd heard about people making meth labs in hotels, etc. I was very offended by what he was implying. The next morning, he came over again (!) to change the locks on all the doors. He said he'd been meaning to do it for a while. Yeah, right. Maybe he could've done it the month before when I booked the cabin. And yes, I did tell him how many people were going to be coming and that it was for a birthday party. Anyway, we were good guests, didn't leave a mess or anything, but I will never rent a cabin there until I'm retired or something.
On a positive note: The cabin was secluded and clean.

• Liked — It had a roof. Oh, and a hot tub.
  • Disliked — Rude owner, thinks anyone under 30 with a tattoo is dangerous.
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
6 Thank bevius

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 22 July 2006

This was our first visit to Tennesee. As my family and I didn't want the hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg, TN, we opted to stay in Townsend, TN which promotes itself as "The Quiet Side of the Mountain". And it truly is. The town itself is pretty small. You can drive through town in a matter of two minutes. However, we searched on-line for chalets in the mountains and found Blue Smoke Mountain Cabins that looked nice. We stayed there for 4 days in the Cherokee Breeze cabin and absolutely loved it. [The cabin was hand-built by the owner.] There were several beautiful antiques in the cabin which lent to its country charm. As an added bonus, there was a jacuzzi on the back porch which was not advertised. The cabin was immaculate. The view of the smoky mountains was breathtaking. The only slight drawback is the steep driveway. But I guess coming from the flatlands of Illinois, any hill is steep to us!

Stayed June 2006