“best BBQ ever”
Review of Miss Lily's Cafe - CLOSED

Miss Lily's Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Lunch in Off Season Thursday thru Saturday. Sunday Brunch 10am til 3pm. Comfortable setting that welcomes all ages. Outside picnic area, and porch area. Dogs on leashes welcome on porch. Inside wooden "cabin style room" and tearoom area. Private red room with fireplace for small parties. Also we have an off site banquet room available for large parties up to 65 people.
Morris, Illinois
“best BBQ ever”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Found Miss Lilly's driving to the Smokies. So glad we did. We wanted good authentic food, not the tourist trap restaurants. We had BBQ pork and BBQ chicken sandwiches. The BBQ was amazing, so moist and flavorful, even before the sauce was added. The sauce only made it better. The buns were homemade and soft, but held up well to the BBQ. The sides-WOW. We tried cinnamon apples, mac & cheese, and cole slaw. I can't even pick my favorite. The kids all loved the apples-like apple pie without the crust! We couldn't leave without having one of the amazing desserts. We tried Hummingbird cake and chocolate cake. So luscious. I liked the chocolate-my husband preferred the hummingbird (too much pineapple for my taste). Would highly recommend this restaurant if you are passing through.

Wilmore, Kentucky
“Best ribs ever”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

On a recent trip to the Gatlinburg area, we asked locals to recommend a restaurant off the beaten path that used local produce. They recommended Miss Lily's Cafe, and we were not disappointed. It was about a half-hour drive. It's in a renovated barn in a lovely location. They grow their own vegetables on-site. My husband had BBQ ribs, and he said they were the best he's ever eaten. He reluctantly shared one (only one!) rib, and I agree! They used a spice and a sauce, and the meat literally fell off the bone. I had smoked brisket and it was good; my daughter had a waldorf chicken salad she said she liked. My side order of green beans was awesome--white half runners. If you're at all familiar with southern/appalachian food, they are the best green beans in the world (imo) but a lot of trouble because you have to string them. I've never seen them served in a restaurant. The only disappointment was the dessert selection. I expected there to be cobblers or pies using fresh fruit considering the season, but there wasn't. My husband had a piece of Italian wedding cake, which was dry. But the rest of the meal was definitely worth the drive.

1 Thank MarianneM729
Maryville, TN
“Excellent Meal one of the best”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had dinner at miss Lily's last night and the food was excellent. We were sat immediately and had the smokin fest which had smoked wings, pulled pork, baked beans and slaw. I love smoked food and the wings were some of the best I have had anywhere. The restaurant is very nice but not upscale so don't worry about showing up in shorts after spending a day in the park. My only complaint was that it took what seemed like a really long time to get our food. We were there for about 90 minutes. The desert was also excellent.

Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Sunday brunch fave”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This place will be all you need to start your day in the smokies. Top breakfast fare in an old home atmosphere

Visited July 2014
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Out of the way”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Ate there for the first time last night. We were seated quickly. The server was excellent keeping our tea glasses full. We ordered the beef tips which were so tender. The meal was delicious and there was plenty to eat. Didn't try the deserts because I was so full but they looked yummy. Great place for a meal on the quiet side of the Smokies. Just what I wanted for the weekend.