“Great experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Cades Cove Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Townsend
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The water slide was a great touch for the kids. Breakfast was the best we have had at a hotel in a while. When traveling with children having plenty of room is essential, these rooms were more than accommodating!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
EconoLodge342, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Cades Cove Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
I am glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us, and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Massillon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This motel is in Townsend, TN, "the quiet side of the Smokies." If you want to stay far "away from the maddening crowd," this is a great choice - very clean and comfortable with courteous, professional staff. Rates were surprisingly reasonable and free breakfast one of the freshest - best I've had in this (intermediate) level of motel chain. Only a few miles drive into Smoky Mnt National Park (nearest to Cade's Cove). One caveat - Townsend's restaurants tend to close early, so eat elsewhere if returning late to motel (although there is one unique hamburg stand - with a stuffed bear and old Townsend police car - that stays open for those of us not watching the clock :-). Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad your trip was a experience you will always remember, even the old police car and stuffed bear! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

the room was clean and smelled fresh, the bed was very comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful, staff was also knowledgeable, the complimentary breakfast was very good, the pool area was welled kept and clean, pan to stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

EconoLodge342, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Cades Cove Inn, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I a glad everything was perfect. We look forward to seeing you again.
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed for just one nice prior while heading South, from Chicago, to Orlando. This was a good 1/2 way stopping point before continuing on to the Tail of the Dragon. The property was clean and well maintained. In fact, we couldn't tell if it had just been refurbished, or it was recently built. Either way, very nice.

The WiFi signal looked strong on our devices, but it was difficult to get a quick response to web site requests. Our room was on the first floor, about half way between the front and back of the hotel.

The breakfast was great, with wonderful waffles.

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Statesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had a great stay for a long weekend with some friends. We got 3 rooms close to each other, the check-in and check out were very friendly and quick, rooms were clean and spacious, parking was free and in front of the door, free coffee was in the lobby. Location is great for the Cade's Cove and the mountains. We paid a fraction of what we would have to pay in Geintlenburg and we were just a few miles away from the mountains. Totally, it was very nice surprise. Definitely, we'll come back to that hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Smoky Mountains National Park and because it was listed as pet friendly. I arrived after 10 pm. Everything in town was closed, and all the hotel had to offer to eat were cookies. The room looks there has been a half-hearted attempt at recent renovations. It was fairly clean, and the bed was moderately comfortable. The big problem was the noise. I stayed in room 110. It is located next to both the main stairwell for guests and the vending/ice machines. This is a room they give to people traveling with pets, which is clearly not a good choice. There were other guests congregating outside of my room until late in the night (well after 1 AM), and they were back outside of my room at dawn. The ice machine was constantly running all night as well. To make matters worse, the shower dripped and I could not get it to stop. The hotel was fully booked, so I could not be moved to another room. The air conditioner (a window unit) was so loud it sounded like a diesel truck engine. To top everything off, when I finally got to sleep, the alarm clock in the room went off at 4 AM. I went to the desk first thing in the morning and asked to speak with a manager. I was told she was not available, but the front desk agent would call her to discuss my experience, and assured me I would receive resolution by the time I checked out. I went back to the desk to check out nearly two hours later, and the front desk agent cheerfully told me that the manager had agreed to double my points for the night, which is laughable. I could call corporate and have eight times the amount of points they offered me without having to make an argument (and that is not an exaggeration). I told her I wanted a partial refund, and the agent said this would not be possible because she was not authorized to change the rate. I was told the manager was not in, and would not be available until Tuesday morning. This was Sunday morning. I asked for the manager to give me a call when she was in, and was told she would contact me. I haven't received any contact from the hotel manager yet, and we're past Tuesday morning. I paid $140 for the privilege of being kept up all night and an extra 1000 points. I could not recommend this hotel to anybody. It is one of the worst hotel stays I have ever experienced.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Michael D
I do apologize for the noise level, and that our hotel was booked, therefore you could t be moved to another location. However we try to accommodate everyone and if the front desk staff had been called during the issues outside we could have stopped them. We can only ask guests to try and respect others.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here the night before my wedding, and as if I wasn't stressed enough, the credit card that my mother had reserved the room with had expired since she made the reservation. I know that there was no way her card would have declined, so I suggested that if we called her, it could be straightened out. Apparently this is against company policy and they can't possibly take a card over the phone, which in my opinion, is bureaucratic corporate nonsense. In addition, we had a large group of wedding guests
and were bringing quite a lot of business to a town that is notorious for businesses failing. The only reason we used this hotel was a lack of other options, and they barely gave us any type incentive or discount for staying with them. So, with that being said, my mother had already called about the expiration date issue and worked it out 2 days prior to my check in. I asked Alesha ( I think that was her name) if we could call my mom and work this out, being as I was not prepared to spend over 300 for a stay that I thought was taken care of. As I handed her my phone she did nothing but roll her eyes, act put out, and treat me like a customer she had no interest in helping.
1. This should have been taken care of before my arrival ( a Call would have helped, this was close to 11 at night after my rehearsal dinner)
2. A phone call with a credit card number should not have been a big deal, especially since my family brought in quite a bit of money for using this hotel for or wedding accommodations for out of town guests.
3. The entire situation was completely unprofessionally handled, because the availability of funds was not the issue, but the fact that she booked it so far in advance that the card had expired, and this would have been easily remedied by a phone call from the hotel prior to check in.
4. Lastly, I had to ask my mother to leave her house after hosting all evening and planning a beautiful rehearsal dinner, to drive down at 11:00pm to produce her credit card so they could swipe.
In my opinion, stay elsewhere, there are plenty of b&b's in the area that are charming, family run, customer oriented, and would not have
treated a customer like this. This is another example of why it is always a better bet to support a local business rather than a large corporate business, because they care more about policy than people.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Dyevrwon
Our management was on site during this issue at hand. Our policy is that at check in all credit cards are scanned. It's our company policy. First is to protect our customers, and second is to prevent stolen credit cards. We don't look at prior approvals until checkin, we do this at the time of reservation. I do apologize that you feel mistreated however that is your perception. Our staff only done what they are taught to do.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Tremont Lodge and Resort
Courtyard Gatlinburg
Courtyard Gatlinburg
#3 of 77 in Gatlinburg
Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains

Been to BEST WESTERN Cades Cove Inn? Share your experiences!