“Relaxing meal on the river”

Country Steak N' Eggs
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Townsend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Country Steak N' Eggs has just opened this month now serving one of the best quality and best priced meals around. We have inside or outside dining while sitting right on the Little River. Not a better spot in town! You can eat while watching Trout swim up stream or watch the 2 Bald Eagles land in the tree right across the river while you eat. They will catch fish right in front of you as well as the blue herrin who fishes this spot also. We also have Canadian Geese, about 75 of them that will completly entertain you. Ground squirels, wild ducks which will soon have little ducklings tagging along as well as the Geese will also have little ones tagging along. THERE REALLY CAN'T BE ANYWHERE ELSE THAT OFFERS ALL THIS! We also own The Riverstone Restaurant, Trailhead Steak And Trout House & now the Campfire Grill. If your looking for lodging we also own the Riverstone Lodge which is like no where else!
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing meal on the river”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Such a lovely spot for a restaurant. Dine inside or out !! Feed the Canadian geese if you want at the river's edge. What fun for the family. The fried green tomatoes are a must !!!! Catfish basket was plenty of food.Comes with choice of side and hush puppies, Yum...................

1 Thank Kathleen A

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Amazing food, amazing people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I just got back to Missouri from our weekend trip to Townsend. I am a Mississippi girl and have gotten my New York husband hooked on southern style catfish ;) When we saw this place, we decided that we had to stop by, and I am SO glad that we did! From the moment we walked in, our waiter JC treated us like family and felt like an old friend. He was so friendly, gave us honest recommendations on the menu, and came back to check on us frequently. Per JC's recommendation, we started off with the friend green tomatoes - so so good! And then we ordered the unlimited catfish and were blown away at the portion sizes! A huge plate of catfish and a hugggee plate of fries and hush puppies!

Not only was the catfish some of the best that I've had (if not the best!), but the seating on the Little River was just spectacular. And the mason jar drinks are just the icing on the cake :) My husband and I both agreed that it was one of the best restaurant experiences for both of us all around, and we highly recommend it! We will most definitely be back!

1 Thank Courtney L
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“Relax on the lovely river while enjoying great country style seafood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This location has had several restaurants but I think this one is here to stay! What a wonderful experience we had enjoying a fresh cooked dinner and looking out over the serene flowing river that comes right out of the Smoky Mountains! The restaurant manager and owner's daughter Leeann was so accommodating in a special request I had for the fresh trout. It is only offered deep fried or grilled... I asked if it could be served Pan Fried which is much more delicate and offers a better flavor as the fresh fish juices are not drenched in oil. The waitress said she would ask to do this, but she never did get back with me as a yes or no... I just happened to see our waitress at the neat little "sports bar" section and she had "forgotten" to get back with me as to whether they could do this or not BUT she did finally check ...and Leeann... IT was the MOST DELICIOUS Pan Seared Trout I have ever tasted!!! I suggested that they include that choice on the menu. My husband had fresh fried gator tail and they even included some catfish with the appetizer which was just delicious! All and all the experience and food was just great! The waitress seemed disinterested and I kept seeing her going to a truck and talking on a cell phone... It would be a bit better if the waitress had been more attentive and acted like she cared we were there. We will be back and hopefully Leeann will be there to make the fantastic trout again!!! Also almost forgot they had a couple singing live music and they were Awesome! The wife played a little percussion and sang along with her husband who was a very talented guitar player and also saxaphone player! Really unique place~ a must see while visiting the Smokies!

1 Thank imanxy
pennsylvania
“Yummy Catfish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Had the catfish dinner, wow, you get 6 nice pieces perfectly done and 2 sides. Everything was great. Would go back again!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank photogPennsylvania
Townsend, Tennessee, United States
“Good catfish....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Good service by JC and good catfish basket....the service was good and we ate the catfish basket with a choice of sides not just french fries everyone tries to serve...a side salad a couple of hush puppies and catfish was so good...they also own Riverstone restaurant and i had the catfish, turnip greens and side salad....nice...change over the last couple of years..of service from the same folks in town..

2 Thank Deborah A