“Beautiful B&B, awesome views!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsend
Gracehill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I are recent empety nesters so this was the perfect place to begin our new life.
Gracehill B&B is one of the most beautiful places I have stayed! Amazing views, magnificant gardens, wonderful luxurious rooms, great breakfast and Kathy is the best hostess! I would give it 10 stars out of 10 stars! We stayed in the Key Largo room! The county is dry there so it's BYOB:)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skcTC

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were guests at Gracehill B & B weeks ago and are still talking about our wonderful stay! The house is amazing, the setting beautiful and relaxing, and Kathy, the innkeeper, is a gem! After reading all of the wonderful reviews we were excited to celebrate our anniversary there, and our stay exceeded our expectations. Our room (Spellbound) was beautiful and quiet. Kathy anticipates the needs of guests and provides comfort amenities and special touches throughout the house. She has traveled quite a bit and the house is filled with unique and interesting pieces. The 3 course breakfasts are amazing and also can be counted as lunch. Sunsets were beautiful to watch from the deck and the hot tub (make a point to see the sunsets!) Kathy recommended her favorite restaurant for our anniversary dinner (the Foothills Milling Company) in Maryville, Tn. which was superb! This is a not-to-be missed experience (be sure to make reservations and they are closed on Sundays and Mondays.) On another night we ordered an appetizer tray from Kathy that also excellent. The house affords plenty of privacy but there is also space to visit with other guests, who we really enjoyed. With all the positives probably the absolute highlight was Kathy herself. She is attentive, personable, and very talented. She helped us make the most out of our visit and sight seeing as well as made the visit extra special. We are already planning a return trip with friends- but not soon enough!

2  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We loved everything about our stay. Even walking up and down "the hill". We will be back for more memories. We golfed and dined in wonderful restaurants recommended by Kathy. Going to order the Turkish towels for our home. Can't wait to receive our pictures from Kathy with the mountains in the distance.

1  Thank 1102Michelleprof
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Beautiful setting. Calm and relaxining. So many things to do in the area. My husband and I started each day with a fabulous breakfast. Kathy was an incredible hostess. She helped us plan our days. The inn is absolutely beautiful. There is so much attention to comfort and detail, we didn't have to ask for a thing. Our room was quiet and luxurious. The balcony overlooked the mountains. We enjoyed hearing about how the materials were brought up the mountain to build the house. Kathy is a natural stoyteller. She sits with the guests at breakfast. I felt like I was at home with the family. I got so many decorating ideas from her home! My husband ususally has to be dragged to B and Bs, but he truly enjoyed the experience. We hope to go back someday!!

1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed 22 July 2013

As I write this review, I find it ironic that it is the One Hundred and Second 5 star review.... and I am beginning the countdown of 102 days until I can return to Gracehill. Coincidence, I don't think so. Ahhhh, the memories and even more excitement for our future visit in the Fall.

I planned the trip to Gracehill as a surprise treat for my spouse. Our usual trip to the beach with family and friends was set aside to experience the serenity and peace of the mountain top at Gracehill. We never, not for one second, missed the beach!

The home has lovely LARGE bedrooms, each with private bath, TV, all amenities necessary for your peaceful retreat. The rooms are beautifully furnished - but not stuffy and ornate. Very livable and welcoming. (Not your Grandmother's house, by any stretch of the imagination!)

The huge veranda (where breakfast was served daily) has a magnificent view of the mountain range, that is second only to the sunset every evening. The mid level veranda has the hot tub and offered a great viewing spot as the afternoon showers moved by. We awoke to the clouds beneath us. You just can't fully describe the beauty of the setting.

There are lovely fresh flowers throughout the home and well-manicured gardens surrounding it. My only "caution" - and that word is actually too strong - is of the drive from the main road up the mountain. It is a thrill ride, not for the faint of heart. But let me tell you - YOU DO GET USED TO IT and you'll agree, the view and accommodations awaiting you at the top are well worth the drive.

Last but by far not least, the breakfast. Again, I am at a loss for words to adequately describe the wonderful meals. But, I'll try.

The apricot/almond coffee cake was one of the most delicious things I have EVER experienced. Each day brought a 3 course breakfast/brunch, shared with fellow guests. There was fresh juice, coffee, a pastry/bread course, a fruit course and the finale of a meat/egg/protein dish. Kathy made every effort to accommodate any special diet restrictions, including a vegetarian among us.

Kathy truly presents the most beautiful place settings with a different china pattern each day, along with a different menu. She obviously LOVES to provide her guests a pleasant and memorable experience. This is a calling for her, not just a job.

After visiting Gracehill, I fully understand why my fellow TA reviewers have given a full 5 dot(s), Excellent rating, 99+% of the time. And, I am proud to join them. I'd give 10 if I could!

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and have private baths. Key Largo offered a beautiful view.
1  Thank hrs1117
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Inside and out, GraceHill was a delight! Every detail, from the decor to the delicious breakfast, promises an unforgettable moment in time. Kathy spares no detail in making your visit exceptional. From the menu to the table presentation to making suggestions on how to spend your day, Kathy's GraceHill is a place you will never forget!

Room Tip: Roman Holiday room has beautiful views of the mountains and grounds as well as a bathroom bubbler tu...
1  Thank TTyler2
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the inn for three fantastic nights at the end of May. The journey up the driveway gives only a few clues as to the beauty of the property. We were lucky to arrive with some daylight left, because the sunsets from the porch are spectacular to say the least. The property is without a doubt worth exploring in your downtime, to get to experience the elegant landscaping. We stayed in the Key Largo room which is the cheapest room, but in no way whatsoever feels cheap, with its opulent décor, king sized bed, Jacuzzi tub, and Direct tv package, it's definitely not the worst way to wait out a short storm. No review of Gracehill would be complete without mentioning the exceptional hospitality and culinary skill of Kathy, without whom we wouldn't have found halve the places on our itinerary. The breakfast is like the brochure says "an event" and it is certainly something that will get you out of bed with a smile.
All these amenities and it's only a short drive to the Smokey's or Pigeon Forge, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Townsend
Best Western Cades Cove Inn
#1 of 10 in Townsend
4 mi away
Highland Manor Inn & Conference Center
The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast

Been to Gracehill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!