“Great Small Town Restaurant”

Riverstone Family Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Townsend
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: The Riverstone Family Restaurant was originally opened and owned by Terry & Belinda Haley in 2004 and gave it its name and the reputation of having the very best food anywhere around. We share the same Rep at the Riverstone Lodge right next door.We truly do have the best of quality of food anywhere. We are from Mississippi and really, really know how to cook real southern food with many years exp. We are open year round 7 days a week serving breakfst, lunch & dinner.We have been licensed as a CERTIFIED ANGUS RESTAURANT serving only certified angus beef for all fresh beef items on menu. If your not aware, certified angus is now said to be better than "PRIME".Nothing but the best. Even our hamburgers are fresh Certified Angus. Hope to see you soon! Don't forget the fresh homemade Fried Green Tomatoes.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great local restaurant in Townsend. We were looking for a local casual family restaurant. We loved everything about the restaurant and most importantly had a GREAT meal. Thanks Riverstone....we'll be back !!!!

1  Thank HansaCapital

Reviewed 3 August 2014

After a day of fishing in the foothills, my friend and I were ravenous. It was close to ten at night when we drove by Riverstone. Deciding to try it at my friends recommendation. I could tell they were winding down, since they close at ten, but the staff cheerfully invited us to sit and eat. Good! I always ask my server their favs, my server said pot roast. Shortly thereafter an enormous plate of pot roast with various veggies emerged from the kitchen. Alongside were ample servings of green beans, mustard greens, pinto beans, and texas toast. The first bite was a melt-in-my-mouth flavor sensation of tender beefiness. The second bite was one of the potatoes that instantly burnt a huge blister onto the roof of my mouth. I don't complain, and didn't but damn that hurt! The rest of the meal was fabulous, we joked with the staff and had a good meal. I nearly licked the plate clean. The only reason this wasn't a five star experience was the pain I am still feeling as I write this review. I will hopefully be fortunate enough to go back soon!

3  Thank fishnhomey
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Customer service is awesome. They really take care of their customers. They will take allergies and restricted diet into consideration. When i got there i saw frog legs on the menu, i asked if i could get them grilled instead of fried. They were more than happy to. They said they were always up to try something new. All in all this place blew me away with the food and service. Definitely going to come back.

1  Thank tonythetiger504
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I eat here every time we are in Townsend and couldn't recommend it more. The food is delicious and not too overpriced. They are normally a little busy when we go but never have to wait too long for our food.

1  Thank chandapan
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a great breakfast here before exploring the Smokies while on vacation. It was very close to our motel in Townsend and on the way to Cades Cove where we began our visit. It's rustic inside, bustling with families and folks wanting a good start to the day. It's also adjacent to its own motel, I believe, so many folks could walk over from their rooms. We had the basic 2 eggs scrambled, 2 slices of bacon, hash browns and biscuits, coffee....plenty of food for a great price.

1  Thank Russer075