“Wonderful Surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Burger Master Drive In
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Townsend
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Wonderful Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

On our way to Cades Cove Loop we decided to stop at Burger Master In fearing it may have been the last place to have lunch. The 3 of us ordered burgers and fries. Oh my gosh they were good! Our beef patties were tender, flavorful and a decent thickness. The bun was even good, not your typical white and flavorless grocery store bun. The onion and tomato slices were much thicker than those drive-thru places too. And the fries appeared to be freshly cut. I don't know this, but they looked and tasted like it. The young man that took our order was super friendly and our order was perfect. This will be our food stop before hitting the loop! The only negative that I have is that there is no rest room. That would be a huge addition.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MaryAnnandPat

Townsend, Tennessee
“Always a great stop for food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is a great place to drop into for food. I love to stop for a hamburgers, corn dogs and ice cream after a day of fishing. The owner and staff are always friendly and the food is always hot. When they are busy you may have to wait a few minutes more but it is worth it. They offer out door seating with shade. Come hungry but make sure to leave room for the ice cream.

• Visited August 2013
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great Drive Eats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

This is some of the best drive-in food around! Great double cheeseburger and the fries are good and crisp! All the food looks amazing to me as it comes out. Ice cream and shakes are also good. Give this one a try if your in town. The are open seasonally like many Townsend restaurants?

Visited October 2013
Winchester, Kentucky
“Best burger in a out of the way spot!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Had spent the morning in Cade's Cove and was looking for place to get a bite to eat! And we stopped at this quaint little place. The best burger I have had in a longtime! Plus the people
Was so friendly and that is worth a lot!!! We ate our burger and fries and left with ice cream
Which was very good also!! So if you are ever in Townsend Tenn look this little place up and
Give it a try!! I will eat here again when in the area!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Deb8364
“Excellent burger in a fun outdoor setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Loved this little place. I had just left the Cade's Cove area of the national park and was facing a long drive home. Looking for a place where I could grab my food and go, instead of waiting for table service someplace. I passed this unassuming little spot, thought I remembered it from TripAdvisor reviews, and made a u-turn to try it out. I can honestly say it was the best meal I'd had in several days of traveling in the mountains of North Georgia and then Gatlinburg. No tourist price-jacking here. Just a GREAT hamburger made with fresh ingredients, served at a walk-up window. There's covered seating on the patio, and a big lawn dotted with picnic tables. Lots of families there, kids on bicycles, seemed like a place where locals come, and tourists are welcome but not targeted. My hamburger was huge (next time I may try the Mini Burger.) The meat was juicy and delicious, the tomato and lettuce fresh. Food is cooked to order, not wilting under a heat lamp, so you'll have a short wait, but what a nice place to wait. I used the opportunity to let the dog stretch
her legs (there's a water bowl for pets near the patio) and to enjoy a last dose of crisp mountain air and happy people, before I headed west toward the monotony of I-75... If you're staying in Gatlinburg and decide to visit the Cade's Cove area of the national park, do yourself a favor and take a brief detour over to Townsend for lunch or an early dinner at Burger Master. You just might have the first reasonably priced meal you've had in days, possibly the freshest, without the hassle of crowds and parking.

• Visited September 2013