“Brand new hotel, but...”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Tullahoma
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Brand new hotel, but...”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Loved our 2 night stay at this hotel. The hotel is brand new, very clean, with friendly staff. We had few problems with wifi Internet and business center Internet (not consistently working). Staff recognized the problem and apologized. I would recommend to ask for a room closer to Jackson Street than railroad track. We woke up both nights with the feeling that the train was going through our room! And we aren't light sleepers! Wouldn't stay in room 331 again!!! Prefer the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Michele117

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Not a lot to say except it was really great!! It looks like the hotel is new, clean, good size room....perfect! Only negative thing more nice service at the front desk; it was cold and like "hurry up and leave me alone" but not a big deal for us we've seen worse! Would recommend to anyone who's in that area

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MariaKaiG
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Having read the reviews about train noise, I was a little concerned but booked here anyhow because I do tend to lean toward HIE when I travel. HIE hotels tend to be clean, comfy and quiet. This was met the mark on clean and comfy for sure! I even walked around the room in bare feet - which I rarely do in a hotel because the carpets just never feel clean enough. But this hotel was very clean.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable - for a fussy person and a light sleeper - that is saying something! I carry my own pillow in case I need it, but at this hotel, my pillow stayed in the car.

People were very friendly at the desk. Breakfast was very good - varied and delicious.

We did notice the train once in the evening, but not at all during the night. As I was laying down to sleep, I heard voices and thought maybe it was people in the next room. It turned out to be people out on the patio, which was directly below our room.

Overall, a very good stay. I would stay again and would recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: Next time, I would request a room away from the smoking patio and as far from the railroad tracks as...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We just got home from a trip to Tennessee. We stayed at this hotel and were so impressed. The room was a nice size and so clean. Everything looks so new and modern. Breakfast was great. The staff was very nice and so helpful.. This has to be one of the best places to stay. We would return if ever in the area again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
East Texas, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The Holiday Inn express is a great place to relax for a night or more. The staff members are exceptional and go out of there way to make your stay comfortable. They offer full breakfast in the mornings and have a pool as well as a gym. Great staff and location to nearby Lynchburg.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Luis S
Menomonie, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Had a wonderful experience at the Tullahoma, TN Holiday Inn Express. I am a frequent customer of H-I Express because I know that I can count on free wi-fi and a decent breakfast with a standard hotel room at a good price. The Tullahoma, TN Holiday Inn Express certainly offers all of those things, but exceeded these and every other expectation. I found the hotel to be extremely clean, the staff to be very friendly, and the overall feel much nicer than a standard hotel. I would recommend this hotel to any business traveler as well as to families needing either an overnight stay or an extended base during a vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed with a group of family members that came in from various states for a reunion of sorts... I was delighted with the hotel- everything from the friendliness of the staff upon arrival, the comfort of the beds, the breakfast, and even the wonderful decor on the walls was refreshing. My family had a great time and will definitely recommend this hotel to others and hopefully will be able to return to Tullahoma and stay again myself in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Deanna S, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Samantha J,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate with us regarding your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come and see us again if your travels find you in Tullahoma.

Deanna Smith
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullahoma
Hampton Inn Tullahoma
#1 of 1 in Sewanee
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 17 in Manchester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East? Share your experiences!