“This motel is the right motel!!!!”
Review of Country Hearth Inn

Country Hearth Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Union City
Doddridge, Arkansas, United States
“This motel is the right motel!!!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I'm a pilot car person and some motels I would tell you to stay away from, but this motel is one you should stay at any time you get the chance. The people there are super friendly and will always help you enjoy your night there. The whole room is wonderful. We always stay here when we are going thru Union City, TN

Room Tip: Some motels I ask to see the rooms first, but this motel is always super clean and its in a quite ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Linda S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This hotel is cheap. That is about the only positive thing I can say. The rooms are somewhat worn but if you just need a place to hang your hat for the night, it will do.
The Continental Breakfast is a joke. Slices of wrapped cheese and rolled up lunchmeat. They do have a waffle machine,though. I like 1/2 and 1/2 with my coffee and the economy hotels do not provide it. The Hampton down the street has a great breakfast, but is expensive.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same. None better than others.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Upon our arrival, for a one night stay, we were pleasantly greeted and accommodated in a first class fashion. The room was very pleasant and every detail was thought of for things we may have needed. The soap products were "green" products, which is important to us. Overall, we found the facilities to be very inviting and look forward to a return visit soon. We would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a pleasant get-away.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I frequently stay at hotels and am used to a common policy that cancellations must be made by 4:00 or 6:00 PM on the date of your expected arrival. I had booked a room at this hotel a month or so ago, but realized on the date of my expected stay that I had to cancel the reservation. I didn't think it would be a problem due to my previous experiences with unexpected cancellations. I was surprised to find out that cancellations had to be made online if you made them online, and they had to be made a full day in advance to avoid any fees. Unfortunately, I was in a car, having car problems, far away from my computer and the internet when I realized that I had to cancel, and I didn't know I'd need to have done this the preceding day. Thus, I lost a night's deposit for cancelling my reservation. I admit that this policy (cancelling a night in advance) was indicated on my printed reservation, so I guess I am to blame. In the future, I will be MUCH more careful to read hotels' cancellation policies and will avoid reserving rooms in hotels with this type of early cancellation policy. If you book a night at this hotel, be aware of this cancellation policy.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Clean, close to field for puppy's comfort. Reasonable. Breakfast included waffles, fruit, sweet cereals, bagle, etc. Wireless worked well. Bed is Very Firm.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank happytraveler793
Reviewed 30 May 2012

When I registered, I selected a room with a jacuzzi. Little did I know that I was going to have to go up a short flight of stairs to get into the tub. The bathroom has a middle-eastern flair decorated with artificlal flowers and mirrors. To access the jacuzzi, you must go up 3 steps and then step down into the tub. This made me a little uneasy since there isn't anything to hold on to while you are stepping into or out of the tub. Also, the shower attachment did not work. If I ever return to Union City, I will probably use a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My wife and I, along with our traveling dog, spent a relaxing night at the Country Hearth Inn. Someone once said that a vacation without having your dog along isn’t really a vacation, and Country Hearth knows this well. The modestly furnished rooms (with modest prices) are much enhanced with the smart addition of a table and two chairs positioned next to the window, handy for writing notes and dining on take-out meals purchased from one of the many nearby restaurants. The space was ample, and the three of us slept soundly in the two double beds. (The reader is left to guess who slept on which beds.) The breakfast buffet was most filling, with waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, and fruit. Check-in was swift and the staff was courteous. Thanks, County Hearth Inn, for keeping out the welcome sign for travelers and their pets.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Tiptonville
No photo provided
Budget INN
#1 of 1 in Dresden

Been to Country Hearth Inn? Share your experiences!