We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walland
Twin Valley Bed and Breakfast and Horse Ranch
Ranked #1 of 2 Walland B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Very friendly, helpful, the place was so beautiful... in short we had a perfect time there. We wanted for nothing, breakfast was really good and showed real TN food, the company was good, we were able to play with all of the animals. I can not praise this place enough! If it wasn't for the cold (we are used to TX heat and don't do cold well) we would have stayed another day or two! The prices were so affordable and for what we got with the money it was so great! If I ever go that way again I will go there again.

Room Tip: The B&B rooms have included breakfast. The separate rooms do not but they have their own kitchen...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Janice and Nikki were awesome. They taught us all about the local nature and the horses. They made it a ton of fun and kept us laughing. I woukd highly recommend this trip for horseback riding. We will definetly be back and bring the family. Most fun i had on our entire trip and most fi
or your money. I also recommend coming early to help ready the horses, pet feed and se a variety of animals and most important use a real outhouse.

• Stayed October 2013
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 18 September 2013

From the time we arrived we felt like family. Cozy cottage, great horses and great folk. Down home southern hospitality and what great attitudes. If you want to ride or just get away, this is the place to do it. It is more than a vacation, it is making memories that will last a lifetime. We will surely go back. This is just what we were looking for, rode during the day enjoyed quiet time and shows at night. Views of the mountains were fantastic. Janice and her mom can't be beat. Have been riding for years and this ride was one of the best.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dansville, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Janice and her mother Julia were amazing, as was our guide Niki. This was the most beautiful place that my husband and I have ever been too. This was a dream for us, we've always wanted to ride in the mountains on horse back. It's a wonderland for all of the animals. They are all very well taken care of, and loved by all of the staff. We felt welcomed, and were treated like family. We stayed two nights in the Pioneer room. It was cozy, neat, clean and inviting. My husband rode Scout and I rode Trinity. All of the horses were friendly and took very good care of their riders. The food was top notch! Janice is full of knowledge regarding the history of the mountains and her property. We played games on the trails and her moto was: "No hurries No worries" and to smile! We will return next year!

Room Tip: Any of the cabins.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dianne C
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2013

As my children said about TVR: "the best place I've ever been in my life. Can we go back?"
It is just paradise for all animal and nature lovers. Time stop and you are there to enjoy. every night, we'll do a cookout near the pond and wake up at 6 Am to feed the animals, 10 horses, lama, donkey, goat, lamb, rabbit, cats, goose, pig, dog.....I think I'm forgetting a couple.
Our Host, Janice is a very welcoming person and Julia, Janice mom, the sweetest person .

Room Tip: we stayed in the pioneer room. there is a king bed (I think) and a sofa bed if needed. full kitchen...
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Went to Twin Valley this past weekend - checked in Friday, checked out Sunday.
A few words describe the weekend at Twin Valley: Amazing Place with Amazing Hospitality from Janice!!!

Janice welcomed us at check-in Friday and made us feel welcomed the entire weekend. We stayed in Luke's Cabin. This is a very nice, private cabin, situated up on a hill. Surrounding porch with rocking and other chairs!! Beautiful for relaxation. On Friday evening the kids went for a walk and came back with Nutmeg, the llama!! What a hoot!! A very lovable llama!!

Went on the horseback ride of our lives on Saturday morning. Younger child got up early in the morning and helped get the horses ready. Wife and I were nervous about horseback riding, based on a previous experience elsewhere. Janice not only gave us good instruction on what to do but then let us practice a bit with the horses before we ventured up the mountain. The horses were wonderful!!! I rode Cisco! Very cool!! But then the mountain ride up and down was extraordinary. Smoky Mountains is a very beautiful area! On the top of the ride, we took a break and had a snack, enjoyed the view and took lots of pictures.

A definite fun highlight was that, on Saturday evening, we followed Janice to a country-western dance hall. Oh - - my - - word!!! That was so incredibly fun!! The family danced all evening!! Line dancing and live country-western (the REAL country western) music. Definitely reminded me of what likely were great times in the past when things weren't as complicated as now.

Before checking out Sunday took one of the kids fishing in the pond. How relaxing and fun that was!! Checked out Sunday and Janice pointed us in the direction of Cades Cove to do a scenic drive in the Smoky Mountains National Park. Perfect thing to do given our limited time left. Eleven mile beautiful drive with deer and all!!

This was the first of what we hope to be a regular visit up to Twin Valley Ranch. We could easily see staying for a week (or more!), relaxing, reading, interacting with all the animals (Nutmeg the llama kissed me!; the goat; the pig, the horses, the cats, the baby kittens, the baby rabbits), and enjoying hikes on the ranch. And thanks to Shay for all his assistance with Janice!! Hope to see you again sooner than later!!

Room Tip: For privacy, get Luke's Cabin. Has a full sized frig, microwave, stove.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I went to Twin Valley 10 years ago and just revisited this June!!! It was even better than I remembered!! This time I stayed in the bed and breakfast where I got to enjoy the home cooking of Janice. She couldn't't have been any sweeter!!!!! We enjoyed a day of horseback riding and enjoyed every moment of the ride listening to stories and learning about the land. Thanks Janice for a wonderful vacation. I look forward to visiting again soon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walland
Tremont Lodge and Resort
Dancing Bear Lodge
Dancing Bear Lodge
#1 of 10 in Townsend
The Foxtrot Bed and Breakfast

Been to Twin Valley Bed and Breakfast and Horse Ranch? Share your experiences!