“Wonderful Riding Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walland
Twin Valley Bed and Breakfast and Horse Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Walland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2014

While I cannot comment on the accommodations as my husband and I did not stay on the property, we had a wonderful horseback riding experience. What set the experience apart from other ranches we have visited are two things: (1) the owner's love and respect for the animals, and (2) her desire to tailor the riding experience to what the guests desired. Janice (and her assistants, Nic and Jasmine) began by allowing the guests to get used to the horses and ensuring that each knew how to handle the animals with the best of care. Janice's focus was on both the safety and comfort of the guests and the animals. She then gave the group an option of which part of the property to experience--and whether to trot and cantor or merely walk the route. Janice entertained us with her positive spirit and her knowledge of the history of certain buildings and identification of plants and flowers. All in all, we really had a terrific time and the cost was extremely reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ZTraveler84

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I highly recommend this ranch, very warm and inviting, everyone is great and the animals are all part of the experience. A very hands on experience with the horses and a wonderful learning experience , nature , plants and riding. Thoughly enjoyable , with beautiful mountain settings ! I will always remember this wonderful ranch, it was a Healing Trip that was much needed. Thank you janice !

Room Tip: Lukes cabin is perfect
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My family decided to return to Twin Valley as a request from my kids. We had spent 3 nights during our Winter break and they begged to go back during their Spring break. This time our family rented Luke's cabin and loved it! The cabin has a loft with 2 beds which was perfect for our kids. I loved sitting on the deck of the cabin reading. My kids loved waking up each morning to help Janice and Julia feed and take care of the horses. We had cookouts by the pond with the other family that was staying there. Our kids were the same ages and they all got along great...hiking, fishing, and running around the farm. Not one time did I hear mom I'm bored! My daughter went on two trail rides with Janice. She loved learning all about the farm on her rides. Janice has such patience and a love for the families that come to stay that you feel part of her family. I can promise this will not be the last visit to the farm.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank sunshinesquishy
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I have spent the last 45 days experiencing the time of my life!
I rented "Luke's Cabin" for my own version of a spiritual/ health retreat. I wanted to come to the Smokies to visit with family and take some time to rest. But I got much more than that! I found myself on several magnificent mountain trail horseback rides, unlike anything I have ever experienced before! I regularly hiked the well marked hiking trails on almost all of the 100 acres and felt completely safe, as the property is completely fenced. I found myself snowed in a few times and loved every minute of it! I was able to feed all the animals, including the horses, pig, goat, sheep and the llama! I stepped out of time and was able to reconnect to a more simple, pure way of life. And I spent my last night on top of the mountain star gazing on a full moon! WOW! I will always be grateful for this experience. It filled my heart and nourished my soul! THANK YOU JANICE! THANK YOU JULIA! I love you and all of Twin Valley Ranch! I will return someday......soon, I hope.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I recently stayed at twin valley ranch with my mum dad and sister. We had a lovely stay and learned a lot. Upkeep was good and the lodges were great. The mountain ride was amazing and Janace taught us a lot of things. I rode Trinity and I was taught how to stop him from trying to bite the other horses and how to ride western style. There is plenty to do on the ranch and it is guaranteed that you will have a great stay. I know that everyone in my family really enjoyed it. The rest of the experience left me in awe. I would love to return one day.
Lani K (10 yrs old).

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
twinvalley, Owner at Twin Valley Bed and Breakfast and Horse Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2016

Lani,
Thank you for sharing your experience with my viewers. Thought you might like to know that Trinity is still doing very well but is much more mellow now. Very little horsey drama and is loving all the young riders , like you, that give him extra attention.
Hope you have a great year to come and will be able to spend time in the saddle!
Cowgirls Rule!
JAN

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My family and I recently enjoyed a 4-night stay at the fantastic Twin Valley guest ranch in Walland, TN. Janice Tipon, owner and cowgirl extraordinaire, showed us wonderful hospitality and a yeehaw-ing good time during our stay.

Janice has 11 wonderful trail horses on her property, which is in the foothills of the gorgeous Smoky Mtns. We all had a fantastic time trail riding in the mountains- Janice is a wonderful guide and teacher- we always felt safe while still feeling like we were having a real adventure. This is NOT your typical boring trail ride, where the horses just plod along with no spirit...Janice expects you to cowgirl up and be a real "RIDER", not just a passenger on her horses.

The property is magnificent and Janice has a plethora of other wonderful animals on her property- a precious young llhama named Nutmeg, a sow named Dilly, rabbits, fowl, a donkey, friendly cats and a great dog named Fox. My 9 year old daughter got to take Nutmeg for several walks--there's not many places where you can do that, friends!

If you're looking to enjoy some real natural beauty and spend some time riding and enjoying great company, Twin Valley would be a wonderful place to visit. We can't wait to come back in the Spring!! Thanks for everything, Janice...YEEHAW!!!

Room Tip: Luke's Cabin is pet friendly!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank alex p
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Janice, Nikki and Julia made us all feel like family. We stayed in one of the rooms at the main log cabin, and we highly recommend it. We also recommend awakening early at 7am with Janice to help feed and take care of the horses and other animals. Janice taught us a lot about horses and their needs. We feed, groomed and saddled the horse we were to ride that day. Afterwards, we had a great country breakfast in the log cabin with Janice, Nikki and Julia. After breakfast, we loved their tradition of going out on the back porch facing the mountain peaks and valley to scream "Good morning world, how are you?", and blowing through these horns, to hear the echo. Then, it was time for horseback riding. The rides are totally custom to the riders, from beginners to advanced. This is not your typical head to tail horse ride, but a very informative trip, where Janice would teach about the surroundings, trees, plants, etc; great views of the valley at the height of the ride. When we rode back to the ranch, we got to unsaddle and water the horses, and take them to their pasture to graze.

We highly recommend the option to help take care of the animals. Janice and Nikki will teach you how and they are very patient. It was our first time. But, be sure to take boots and clothing for the early morning chores, you can change afterwards before breakfast.

We highly recommend to take the half or full day ride every or most days you are there. Cades cove is nearby and is nice, but forgettable. The ranch is what we will remember our entire lives.

One night we went to the "Engish Mountain Trout Farm" in Sevierville (Google it). You catch your own trout and then they cook it for you. It was great!

On Friday and Saturday nights, they have a place nearby where there is dancing. Janice took us one night and we had a great time.

One night, we gathered wood and made a big campfire by the pond, and grilled steaks. Nikki and Julia joined us- it was very nice and unforgettable. Julia really made the evening fun by telling us about some real ghost stories they experienced around the farm.While Julia was telling us one ghost story, the smoke from the fire started chasing her, even though she changed her place around the fire many times; it stopped chasing her when Nikki's dog decided to lay down behind Julia's chair.

We will definitely be coming back, next time with our children (they are in college) and friends. As a final testament to Twin Valley, we saw a young girl, on her last morning there, cry as she left. You can really get attached to the farm and people here, they do feel like family now.

Room Tip: Stay in the main log cabin, with Janice. Take boots and old clothing for the morning help with the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bryant_Larisa

Been to Twin Valley Bed and Breakfast and Horse Ranch? Share your experiences!