“Loved it!”

Maryville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 26 May 2010

It's been awhile since I've been there, but I LOVED stopping in and listening to the music, ALL the music! I'm glad it's still going on - I will start making plans to be there again! BTW, I've brought out-of-towners there, (just the special ones) and they were just blown away!
Be very respectful, though - part of the alure is that it isn't a "tourist-y".

2 Thank cjs1959

Philadelphia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great, Home-Grown, Bluegrass Music”
Reviewed 3 February 2010

On Friday evenings, the residents in the Walland/Townsend area get together at the Rocky Branch Community Center for an evening of home-grown music. Groups of musicians and singers gather in the various rooms for impromptu jam sessions. Visitors move from room to room to sample the different sounds. You will be amazed at the quality of the music. There must be something in the water down there.

Admission is whatever donation you want to give. $3 pp is typical. They have a small cafeteria which serves reasonably-priced light dinner food. I didn't sample it, so I can't comment on its quantity & quality. But, it's definitely a great night out just for the music.

4 Thank BigBirdPhiladelphia