“Country Elegance”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walland
Jacksonville, Florida
“Country Elegance”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The setting of Blackberry Farm is at the base of the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains and the views are wonderful. I can imagine visiting in the fall would be undescribable. Besides the fantastic scenery is the superb customer service. EVERYONE of the entire staff has a very accomodating attitude and is willing to help make your stay exceptional. The food is also highlight and was gastronomic in every way. There is a lot to do on Blackberry Farm such as hiking, spa, biking, clay shooting, horseback riding, etc. We visited during a special event where the #1 rated chef IN THE WORLD was on hand to cook and give classes to guests who signed up for the event. Accompanying the chef was a prominent Spanish wine vitner who featured his products. Some of the samplings (and they weren't stingy with the pours) were wines that have not yet been bottled in addition to a couple 100 point Robert Parker selections. Wow!! Blackberry Farm has a relationship with Lexus and new cars of this make are available for use to tour around the Smokies for free. We had a fantastic time experiencing the outdoors, food and wine. The outstanding customer service was impressive.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 5Gurns78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
United States
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

We ate dinner but did not stay here. The service was lovely, the sommelier was incredibly knowledgeable and made perfect suggestions. The problem was the food. Almost everything was oversalted. And I like salt! My entree was not only oversalted but overcooked. Two of us had a smoked trout salad in which the only flavor you could taste was salt. You could not even taste the trout. Two others had a beef entree which had accompanying greens that both said were way, way over salted. Three of us had other dishes which had over salted broth. I don't mind paying $250 for a meal but I expect it to be good! This was one of the worst meals o have ever had. Do not waste your money here.

• Stayed May 2012
16 Thank Eaman
brianlee95, Guest Relations Manager at Blackberry Farm, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
We appreciate your feedback and have alerted our culinary team to the problem. Please accept my personal apologies for a dining experience that was less than it should have been. We are committed to excellence and always want to know when we are not hitting the mark. If I may assist you in any way please do not hesitate to contact me at blee@blackberryfarm.com.
Atlanta
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I had been looking forward to visiting Blackberry farm even after hearing a number of neutral to negative reports from friends about their stay. I found that the signage to the property off the highway very poorly marked. Once I arrived check in was painless. I was shown my cabin which {while the decoration and furnishings are showing wear and tear} was perfectly acceptable. I was informed during my stay that these cabins were due to be refurbished this year. I had booked an early seating at the Barn for the 1st night and the later seating for the second night. I was shown to my table the servers did not seem to be as familiar as they could be with their menus and I chose the tasting menu with wine pairings. The first course was a disaster as there was a hair in my beet salad. Normally I would leave the restaurant at this point but there was no where else to go so I went along with the rest of the meal which was blessedly hair free. I was shuttled back to my cabin and unfortunately I was unable to get the room cold enough to be comfortable for me. Breakfast and lunch on both days were much better than any of the meals at the Barn. At the end of the stay there were a number of unexpected charges on the bill. Liquor that was not consumed in the cabin was charged to my account. Another couple checking out at the same time had the same wine added to their bill which they also did not consume. The way the service charges are added to each and every item on the bill help make your departure much more memorable than your arrival.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
14 Thank AtlantaEnthusiast
brianlee95, Guest Relations Manager at Blackberry Farm, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests. Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered. We continue to strive to make the Blackberry experience the best it can be and it is by listening to our guests that we know where to focus our efforts. If I may assist you further in any way please do not hestiate to contact me at blee@blackberryfarm.com.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We just had the pleasure of visiting The Inn at Blackberry Farm for 2 days. The setting, at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains, is absolutely beautiful. We stayed in a Holly Glade Cottage which was luxuriously appointed. The food is delicious and plentiful...almost too plentiful!. The portions are not overly large, but more than adequate. Because the food is so renowned you want to try everything available to you. My advice would be to just have a taste. There is always more to come and you wouldn't want to miss an amazing morsel!!! The chef and his team have elevated southern cooking to an art form. Be sure to check out the wine cellar. They have done an incredible job of amassing a phenomenal wine collection. My husband did a Field and Stream ride which he thoroughly enjoyed. We borrowed a golf cart to explore the property. Don't miss "The Chapel"(sitting elegantly in the middle of a field) or "Grey Drake" (the Orvis fly fishing base that looks like an charming old mountain cabin complete with twig furniture. You can almost hear the sounds of banjos playing). Blackberry Farm is a perfect blend of luxury, down home charm and southern hospitality.

Room Tip: If you like traditional furnishings try a Holly Glade Cottage. If your taste is more crisp, clean an...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jackie633
Reviewed 23 April 2012

All I can say is WOW every time we visit this amazing resort/farm. You will not be disappointed ever here! We have stayed 3 times and been wowed every time! The cottages are cozy and clean. The food is outstanding...They always make you feel as if you are the most important couple staying with them! It is a "must experience" place...at least once! The price is worth it!

Room Tip: The cottages are wonderful..great porches, wood burning fireplaces and just gorgeous!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amgs16
blacksburg
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This place prides itself on service. The staff try to anticipate your every need. Pricey but EVERYTHING is included (endless supply of snacks, drinks, food). You are made to feel like royalty. This is a very special place and worth the splurge at least once.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travelingH
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is one of our favorite places. We just spent my husband's birthday there and it's our 5th stay, I believe. The hiking is amazing, food and service outstanding and the setting is gorgeous. Just a great place to relax. It is definitely expensive and a special treat, but it's worth the price if you can afford to spend the money.
I did read a complaint about the portion sizes of the meals. That's so silly. They will give you two entrees if you want for no extra charge. ( I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't be stuffed after any of their meals- but if you are so inclined to eat more they are happy to serve it.) I'm a vegetarian and always found options. They even made brussel sprouts for our table and they weren't on the menu. The staff is always eager to please in any way possible.
Love Blackberry Farm!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Elizabeth1187
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walland
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
#2 of 10 in Townsend
Dancing Bear Lodge
Dancing Bear Lodge
#1 of 10 in Townsend

Been to Blackberry Farm? Share your experiences!