“WOnderful Experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walland
Boca Raton, Florida
“WOnderful Experience”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

What a wonderful experience. The food was very good and the people were friendly but were able to tell that we needed our privacy. The rooms were very clean and luxerious. We will return very soon. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 February 2014

As someone who works in the hospitality industry, Blackberry Farm should be THE industry model for how to provide service to guests.

From the moment I arrived, the staff was friendly, attentive and seemed genuinely interested in making my stay as flawless as possible. It was clear that staff wanted to work there. One morning I had an early meeting that required me to eat breakfast earlier than was typically served, but the staff was so accommodating and made exceptions for my colleagues and I by bringing us room service early and with a smile. The gal who dropped it by said, "We wanted to give you as much time possible to eat before your meeting." Wow!

I got the chance to stay in one of the private cabins, which was absolutely beautiful, well-appointed, extremely comfortable and cozy and had beautiful woodsy views. I was in heaven. Small touches like little treats each night in our rooms, a stocked fridge and snack bar (all complimentary except for the alcohol), mood-setting music and more made the experience over-the-top.

And the food...I could go on for days about the incredible food and the wonderful culinary and serving staff. Even our boxed lunches for the drive home were impressive and 100% gourmet.

I can't wait to go back to Blackberry Farm. It's a "don't miss" for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Maryland
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at Blackberry Farm for a long weekend in December 2013. We had a weekend of rain and fog. Yet that didn't dampen our stay. We enjoyed a beautiful Beer Tasting and still strolled around the pond. The next day we had the most amazing wine tasting's to date. Not only fabulous wines but the wine cellar was a site to behold. As we came out of the wine tasting Little Big Town was in the middle of their sound check in preparation for their performance later that evening to a small audience of around 140. THAT was a night to remember. The next day was topped of by fabulous massages. Of course every meal was spectacular and the wine pairing unbeatable. We have already booked our return trip and hope to make it an annual tradition. Treat yourself to a stay at Blackberry Farm.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I agree with the reviewer who talked about how much Blackberry Farm has changed. My earlier two visits were delightful. This one, not so much. Having to walk through a gift shop to get to my room is not my idea of progress. Long waits for rides to the Barn for dinner, inaccurate charges on the bill, and lost charm. Spoke with several other middle-aged to older folks who were disappointed. Looks like focus is on another demographic now. What a disappointment for the money.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank gerald2014
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 January 2014

If you ever get a chance to visit Blackberry Farm in Walland, TN you must go. My husband and I went last August and are going back in February . Of course Spring and Fall would be the most amazing time to go due to the beautiful landscape surrounded by the Smokey Mountains. The food is amazing. Your stay includes 3 full meals a day. I cannot say enough about the food. Breakfast and Lunch are served in the main house and both have large selections. Every thing is farm fresh and and beautifully done. Dinner is at the top of the list at Blackberry Farm. You are taken to the large barn that has been transformed into the most beautiful, elegant, romantic restaurant you can imagine. Dinner takes approximately 2 hours. That is not 2 hours of waiting, it is 2 hours of each course being served with the most unique presentation and food design. Each course out does the one before. We stayed in the main house and there was food, snacks, and drinks stocked for our convienence 24 hours a day. The room appointments were first class as well. Everything from the bedding, the interior design, and comfort level was superb. We found our room to be very quiet and peaceful. We actually toured some of the cottages and they are spectacular. Again, the interior design is set apart from any cottage/retreat you have ever seen in the Smokey Mountains. Very Modern, clean lines with all of the the appointments being the very best available. Blackberry Farm is an amazing place. The staff, crew and chefs are some of the best we have ever encountered. This is a trip that is worth every dime you spend to get there. I promise.

Room Tip: As stated above, we stayed in the main house were very, very pleased with the room, the location and...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KPOntheGo
Chicago
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had long dreamed of going to Blackberry Farm and was thrilled to finally get the chance to experience what all the hype is about. Yes, I loved Blackberry Farm, BUT, you will have just as lovely an experience in an $800 a night room as you do a $2700 a night room. Outside of the larger bathroom in the cottage, a golf cart, and a fireplace, everything else is the same. I had a really, really hard time equating almost $2000 difference for a one night stay. Was the room lovely, absolutely, but, I wish it had an 'instant fireplace' and not one you had to stack logs and wait on. Perhaps they could have gotten it going for me? The stocked mini-bar (most of which is gratis) was a very nice touch when you are out in this remote of an area. Be forewarned, there is absolutely NO cell phone signals in the area! No wi-fi either, so plan on a complete detachment from your technology, except for radio and tv. The dinner was spectacular. You had a change to upgrade to a tasting, which we did, but it was a tough decision because the regular menu was fabulous. Breakfast was equally as luscious, especially after the 30 minute wait to be seated in the Main House (plan ahead!). I wish we had the opportunity to use the spa but it gives me all the reason to go back another time, stay in a less expensive room and try the new, large spa being built. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. Blackberry Farm is best enjoyed for at least a two night stay because of all the activities they offer. Unless you just want an enormous splurge, the less expensive rooms are the way to go. I wouldn't really recommend the resort for children. It is not the kind of place to allow children to run around, make a lot of noise and just be kids. It is somewhat calm, refined and peaceful. By no means, dull, just not the most suitable place for children. I have one, so I would spare other guests by not bringing mine along. The beds are down filled and sinkable - one of the best nights of sleep you will ever have. Kohler air jet tubs were in the cottage bathroom that was stocked with Aveda tolietries (love that!). One thing you definitely need to know and understand is that they will quote a price for a room night online but it does not include the tax and fees which are about 25%! That is probably a big surprise to some people who book. If you know that going in then it is just another charge on the bill when you leave.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank TheRealEstateGal
Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

A trip to Blackberry Farm will spoil your future travels elsewhere. We haven't found the same accommodations, service and food experience anywhere else. Sea Island - hits two of the three, Inn at Palmetto Bluff also hits two of the three. Those two have "resort" food and Blackberry's food is an event. Cottages have working fireplaces, but the main house and the guest house are also great. Don't miss a trip to the spa.

Room Tip: There are great rooms everywhere, but if you want more peace and quiet stay in a cottage.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DRL615
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walland
Clarion Inn Dollywood Area
Townsend Gateway Inn
Townsend Gateway Inn
#2 of 10 in Townsend
The Lodge at Buckberry Creek

Been to Blackberry Farm? Share your experiences!