“Blackberry Farm Excellent Food and Accommodations”
Review of Blackberry Farm

Blackberry Farm
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walland
Jonesborough, TN
“Blackberry Farm Excellent Food and Accommodations”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed at Blackberry Farm Aug 25-27. We rented a cottage. This place is unbelievable. The cottages were plush and appeared to be either newly renovated or in like new condition. The beds were very comfortable and bathrooms very spacious with new Koler fixtures. The cottages were very clean, private, and quiet. Housekeeping was excellent and we had to ask for no extras. The refrigerator was stocked with drinks and ice cream bars. All items included in the price except for alcohol. The meals were the best quality I have ever eaten at any facility anywhere in the world. You get a full breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Snacks are available any time throughout the the day at multiple locations on the property. The staff was very courteous and went out of their way to serve. We had 3 spa services and they were all very good. The spa is a new facility. There is a full workout area inside the spa complex and outdoor pool. There are 3-4 miles of paved walking trails. If you fly fish, there is a stream on property. I could see numerous large trout in the clear stream. They have horseback riding, skeet shooting, and tennis on site. You can rent a golf cart for your stay to drive on the grounds, all paved trails. Blackberry Farm is located just 25 miles from the Cade's Cove Loop and 35 miles from Gatlinburg. This place is pricey, but you feel like you get your money's worth. Again, the food is the best I've had at a resort anywhere in the world. What a great anniversary, birthday, or other special occasion destination!

Room Tip: The cottages cost slightly more but worth it. Rent the golf cart. You can hook to a charger right ou...
7 Thank Ridgesgolfer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
atlanta, ga
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Blackberry Farm is a beautiful place and a fine country inn with very good service and good food. We stayed recently and booked there for one reason predominantly-to see Emmylou Harris.Unfortunately and sadly, she had to cancel for family reasons. This occurred two days before our visit and the farm substituted another performer ( very talented but not what i ordered) and we were given no opportunity to reschedule ,nor were we given any type of compensation-take it or leave was our only option.I feel as though I made more than top dollar for something I did not recieve. I bought tickets to a performer I have loved for 40 years-I ended up seeing someone I have never listened to at all. I know life's not fair but this is poor customer service and leaves me very disappointed. As a physician I can say I would like to sue them for malpractice!

6 Thank doctortravelgeorgia
brianlee95, Guest Relations Manager at Blackberry Farm, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you had with the concert and how the situation was handled. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I always value our guest's feedback and would like the opportunity to make this up to you. Please contact me personally at blee@blackberryfarm.com.

Brian Lee
new York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have just returned from wonderland and we did not even need a Passport. Blackberry was as luxurious, as delightful and as delicious as anyplace I have visited abroad. It took a day to adjust and understand the simple elegance of this magical place. First I must start with the staff...I can be a bit persnickety and they were able to wow me at every turn. First we had a special visit with Tom the truffle dog and Jim his extraordinary trainer( a trip highlight), Jeremy was a patient and informative fly fishing instructor, Debbie made our horse ride a breath taking journey through the property. The property and cuisine deserve their own chapter. Chef Lenn and sommelier Andy Chabot are nothing short of master artists making each dinner the meal of a lifetime. Our waiter Jonathan was a young man with so much knowledge, pride and professionalism we requested he serve us each dinner. I must also mention an incredible cooking class with Shannon Walker where we we were given the gift of knowledge to make some truly delectable regional dishes(Shannon even emailed back and forth when I had questions when recreating the meals back home). The Garden Dinner with Master Gardener John was the chance to learn about heirloom vegetables and how he has been able to impact the tastes of the farm with his very special crops. Every inch of the property is perfectly appointed, with sprawling gardens and those glorious Smoky Mountain mornings. Yes it is expensive, and worth every penny. Rarely have I experienced such simple elegance, wonderful service and world class cuisine. I will be dreaming of appalachian cuisine and those glorious mountains for many days following this trip.The only negative thing I can say is that the trip sadly came to an end. The upside is it's close enough to visit again soon.

Room Tip: The Singing Brook Cottages were spacious and elegant. You even get a golf cart to explore the proper...
5 Thank mikeyf1975
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Our experience at Blackberry Farm was limited to dinner at The Barn. The property is out of a fairy tale, and we would have enjoyed staying here if we didn't have two babies in tow. We aren't at a point in our lives where we can justify the cost to stay here, but we highly encourage you to stay if you can. We splurged on dinner, and it was worth every cent. Entry into the dining room is magical. The dining room is positively stunning and is one of, if not, the warmest atmospheres we've ever had the pleasure of dining in. The cuisine is inventive, fresh, healthy and, most importantly, flavorful. The chefs expertly prepare dishes, and every course is plated beautifully. The course that stood out most for us was a Tennessee Rabbit Sausage. This truly is one of the most magnificent dinners we've ever experienced. It is so worth it for anyone who has the chance to visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mbseuf
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Blackberry Farm has to be experienced to be believed. It really is that good. The accommodation is made up of small cottages set within woodland, lawns, rivers and mountains. It is very like an American Country Club but the only time that we seemed to meet other guests was at breakfast. There are loads of activities, a spa or just the opportunity to relax. There are a number of dining options, we chose the barn where the food and the service were stunning. We also went for a beer tasting with traditional Tennessee cooking, which was amazing, although we were stung a bit as while we had already paid for our meals in advance, this wasn't included and therefore we had to pay for this as an addition. A great experience but the alcohol was pretty pricey and added to the cost of our stay.

During our stay we went hiking, fly fishing and horse riding and the staff could not have been more attentive.

We would certainly recommend a stay here.....if only for the scenery, which apparently is even more stunning in autumn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gingersheep
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Excellent service, like 1 attentive person for each 2 or 3 guests. I guess that that is what it makes a bit expensive always this chain. Excellent food indeed. Signal for cel phones is a problem, but I guess that this is not a place to go around with primitive attitudes. Leave your cel at home. Blackberry Farm it is really a very peaceful place. If you use the Spa, Horse rides, like good wines etc be prepared to spend about $ 2,000/day. By the way, the cellar is one of the most impressive ones.

Room Tip: Any room is OK. This is a very good property.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CARLOSCAVALLINI
Sylacauga, Alabama
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My wife and I made a four hour trip up to Blackberry this week, as I had heard SO much about it. We found it remarkable but not perfect. And indeed very expensive. Food and service exceptional. A really nice place for a couple or family to chill out, escaping the world. Poor cell service was a bit annoying. Did I say expensive?

Room Tip: Depends upon your wallet.... Very nice rooms though...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walland
Tremont Lodge and Resort
Dancing Bear Lodge
#1 of 10 in Townsend
Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort

Been to Blackberry Farm? Share your experiences!