“have been going every year for 5 years - love it!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waynesboro
Tennessee Fitness Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waynesboro
Atlanta, Georgia
“have been going every year for 5 years - love it!”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I have been to many spas, including Canyon Ranch, Ojai and others and I go back to TFS every year. This is a "spa" for folks interested in making a serious lifestyle change without breaking the bank. Though there is a salon, massages etc, the value of the spa resides in the number and types of fitness classes from outdoor hikes to weight training aerobics, water workouts etc. along with delicious and nutricious food. In addition the staff and other guests are friendly, so this is an ideal place to travel solo. There are activities every night or you can hide out in your room, watch TV or hole up with your computer...you have choices. The staff is caring and competent. The location is beautiful and isolated - perfect to focus on those lifestyle changes. My last visit in May was for a month and I lost 16 lbs, 18 inches and 4% body fat - YEAH! and have continued the program to lose more weight and inches. I'll go back this October to get ready for my ski season.

The guest are all ages and fitness levels - some travelling in groups and some solo - most all are friendly and I have made long time friends here.

I highly recommend TFS to anyone wanting to effect a change for health and fitness and want some money left over to buy new clothes in your new size.

Room Tip: check out the web site - all accomodations are described
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank IreneKL
TennFitSpa, Office assistant at Tennessee Fitness Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
So glad to hear you had another great time here! Congrats on the losses! Can't wait to have you back!!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Crestview Hills, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My daughter and I spent a week of walking, meeting new friends, and eating healthy food.
It was my second time at the TFS, and my daughter's first. Yes, it may not be fancy, but if you want to get away from it all, do a lot of walking and exercising, meet new friends, and change your lifestyle for the better then this is the place for you.

What is most impressive, was out of the 40+ people that were there, the week we were attending probably 65% were repeat visitors. One lady was there for the 19th year. She said she comes once a year when her body tells her it needs to get away.

I tell everyone that will listen, if you want a jump start to a healthy lifestyle, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank glehman41
We loved having both of you here! Can't wait to have you both back again! Thanks for spreading the word!
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My sister & I went for the 3-day 2011 "May Madness" special & loved every minute. We're both mid-50s & had realistic expectations from a friend who said "it's more like a camp than a luxury spa". That was perfect for us. I was going for fitness & fun, not pampering. It was terrific; worth every penny! We found the 'down-home'ness of the staff so enjoyable. We were educated on nutrition, fed WAY better than we prepare for ourselves (nutritionally) and were astounded that on so little calories, with so much exertion, we didn't get hungry! I lost a little bit of weight during the few days & have lost MORE in the 5 weeks since - amazing! We had FUN with other guests - many our age, several retired, down to just graduated from college. Beautiful grounds, VERY upbeat attitudes of all staff. I hope to go back for at least a week a year. Some of the other guests go every year for a week; some for a month. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends

Start a fitness program
Change diet
get info on Diabeties diet
Reasons not to go..
To get pampered.. yes there is massage there.. but this is not a luxury spa.. (you can tell from the price that
it is not that).

There is plenty of staff if you want to be productive, if you are looking for someone to come to your room and drag you out of your room, you will not find this. This is a place for people to get motivated or are already motivated and want to work to better them selves. You get out of this was you want to put into it.

One review said that they were always hungry.. I ate plenty of food but if I wanted more there was always an unlimited salad bar during lunch and dinner and always snacks in the refridgerator available. This is not a place to get gourmet food but the food was good and I even left with the cookbooks that Belinda made and sells with her meals. The meals are posted ahead of time, and if you do not like what is being served she will make something else for you.

When I left TFS I was 191 LBS (down from 220 at the start of my weight loss) and my A1C was below 7. Six months later my A1C has stayed down and my weight has stayed inthe range of 191 to 195. So, I got the education and education that I needed.

The resort is built in an old park so the surrounds are nice.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FuseGlassArtist
Hartford City, Indiana
Reviewed 8 November 2010

In reading the reviews about the Tennessee Fitness Spa, I surprised that two or three were highly critical. I think that those reviewers were expecting to be pampered. The function of this spa is to kick start a fitness program, reduce weight or to change one's lifestyle. The facilities are rustic, but more than satisfactory. The staff is very southern and very hospitable. Frankly, I have spent many weeks at Red Mountain Spa in Utah, and while Tennessee's facilities are not as plush, their programs are comparable. Costs are not comparable, however. TFS is priced at a fraction of Red Mountain making the Tennessee experience even more satisfactory. The food was superb and the food staff made every effort to please. The surrounding countryside is very attractive and I appreciated the morning run-walks!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank chris_coy
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Be sure you understand that this is low budget, meaning understaffed employees and a place where everyone is related to each other. We were told it's a small town so that is where people get work. There is some kind of code with the "regulars" that I never could figure out, but it is a place where some people stay for months and this is their social life, which also means a lot of gossip, which is quite ridicuous. In no fashion do you feel you are either at a qualified fitness camp, or a spa. I stayed in a chalet and could hear every step taken by my neighbors (no insulation), poor sleep due to this, everyone complains about internet (I think they have dialup?), the food is mediocre and there are just no amenities. I understand I am paying a lot less than expensive spas but you get what you pay for, and this place is very frugal with their money. Also there is smoking allowed by the staff - are you kidding me? On the plus side, the solitude is definitely there and the grounds are beautiful. I took the bus they provide from the Nashville airport and doubt I would have found it otherwise. If you want to escape to the woods and be with nature, this is a great place. If you expect a professional environment, you might resent dropping your hard earned cash to go to this spa. Oh, the spa is people who come in from town at night - don't expect your pampering on your schedule. We won't go back and regret making this our vacation this year. Also, no doctor anywhere near, and 2 fitness instructors for the entire camp. Yes, two.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
11 Thank pinecav
TennesseeFitnessSpa, Front Office Manager at Tennessee Fitness Spa, responded to this review, 14 November 2015
We are sorry you had a bad experience in 2010. We have make several changes in the last 5 years and hope you will read the current reviews to see how our customers are responding to the changes.
We are located 10 miles from Waynesboro, TN which is a small town, so we are definitely in the woods, and away from services many people are accustomed to. Our Spa is lovingly called an Adult Fitness Camp due to its location and rustic atmosphere.
Thank you for your feedback.
Jeanie
Customer Service
Tennessee Fitness Spa
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Like some others have said: camp for adults, and devoid of charm. To expand on that: A stiff wind could blow down the rickety accommodations, the floors creaked with every little footstep, and I was very hungry the whole week I was there. But did manage to lose several inches from the forced calorie restriction. Maybe because I wasn't the least bit overweight, I expected better food, or maybe because my home city has great food, the low quality cheese-whiz style meals and other uninspired choices left me perpetually hungry.

This place is low cost for a reason: no investment in accommodations, or food quality. It really needs about $2-3 million in investment to make it even 3 star, from the current 0.5 star level. Yes, the walks are decent, and the setting is okay, but a lot of work needs to be done in the gym, the buildings and the food quality.

And they should ban all staff from smoking on the grounds, IT'S A FITNESS FACILITY!

• Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
7 Thank noendos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Hurricane Inn
Bear Inn
Bear Inn
#2 of 2 in Clifton
Hohenwald/Natchez Trace KOA

Been to Tennessee Fitness Spa? Share your experiences!