“Peaceful fitness”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waynesboro
Tennessee Fitness Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waynesboro
RiverOcean
“Peaceful fitness”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Wonderful people. I've been 5 years and plan to go
every year. Very simple, peaceful, and great value.
I don't know of any place like it for the money, and
I always run into old friends from years past. The
employees are all dedicated, helpful, and will go out
of there way to assist guests. The food is simple and
filling and what a beautiful place to eat your meals sitting
along side a creek with beavers, birds, and an occasional
hail storm. The best part for me is that you are not
surrounded by people talking on their cell phones and you
can get a room with no television. It is all about fitness
and health after all. You get out of your stay what you
put into it.

Room Tip: Do without television and enjoy the peace and quiet at night.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Dallas, GA
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I just returned from a week at TFS and can't wait to go back. The setting was gorgeous, the workouts were challenging, the facility was immaculately clean, and the staff was warm and friendly. Everyone went out of their way to make sure the guests had everything they needed to be comfortable! I found the instructors to be highly trained and professional. They were eager to listen and answer questions. My only complaint is that the food, while good and nutritious, was not "great" (although some meals were definately better than others). All in all, it was an excellent investment in myself. I feel relaxed and invigorated. Like I said before, I really can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Trisha756
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I went to this fitness place to "jump start" getting back into exercise and healthier lifestyle. I read many reviews on tripadvisor before choosing it. It not only met my expectations but exceeded them. The instructors were knowledgable, inspirational and seemed to truly care.

In terms of the meals, I had the vegetarian selection and it did not disappoint. Things like stuffed eggplant, black bean burgers, etc.were very good. This staff was so friendly and accomodating. The portions were very large and I often shared some of mine with other guests that admired my vegetarian selections. There was always a large selection of fresh fruit to add to your breakfast choice. The lunch and supper meals always had a salad bar available. There are snacks if you feel you need one. I never did.

I never saw anything that wasn't clean and in order. All the buiildinhgs/facilities were well kept especially considering the wet swim suits, large amount of towel use, and sweaty workouts. The grounds were the same. Beautiful plants and gardens surround this campus. It was a pleasure to walk around or just sit and enjoy.

I loved everything about this place. The classes were wonderful, the grounds were gorgious and everyone there (be it staff or guests) so friendly and easy to get to know. You must be self motivated because they aren't going to chase you down to get you to the classes. If you go there to learn and improve your physical health which can also improve mental health, then you will attend all the classes you can. For me, this was definitely the place to get myself back on track and was so affordable compared to all other places Almost every guest I met had been there before; some had been several times. That speaks volumes for me. If you want to do something good for yourself, spend a week or two here. It was fun, hard work, relaxing, empowering and addictive. I hope to come back atleast once and hopefully twice a year.

If you pinned me down to come up with something lacking here I could only say toothpicks.

Room Tip: There are several different types of rooms. You can even bring your RV and get a different price.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank CarlaKes
TennFitSpa, Office assistant at Tennessee Fitness Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time here so much. We'd love to have you back again and again! And we promise to get you toothpicks!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I have been to many spas, including Canyon Ranch, Ojai and others and I go back to TFS every year. This is a "spa" for folks interested in making a serious lifestyle change without breaking the bank. Though there is a salon, massages etc, the value of the spa resides in the number and types of fitness classes from outdoor hikes to weight training aerobics, water workouts etc. along with delicious and nutricious food. In addition the staff and other guests are friendly, so this is an ideal place to travel solo. There are activities every night or you can hide out in your room, watch TV or hole up with your computer...you have choices. The staff is caring and competent. The location is beautiful and isolated - perfect to focus on those lifestyle changes. My last visit in May was for a month and I lost 16 lbs, 18 inches and 4% body fat - YEAH! and have continued the program to lose more weight and inches. I'll go back this October to get ready for my ski season.

The guest are all ages and fitness levels - some travelling in groups and some solo - most all are friendly and I have made long time friends here.

I highly recommend TFS to anyone wanting to effect a change for health and fitness and want some money left over to buy new clothes in your new size.

Room Tip: check out the web site - all accomodations are described
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank IreneKL
So glad to hear you had another great time here! Congrats on the losses! Can't wait to have you back!!
Crestview Hills, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My daughter and I spent a week of walking, meeting new friends, and eating healthy food.
It was my second time at the TFS, and my daughter's first. Yes, it may not be fancy, but if you want to get away from it all, do a lot of walking and exercising, meet new friends, and change your lifestyle for the better then this is the place for you.

What is most impressive, was out of the 40+ people that were there, the week we were attending probably 65% were repeat visitors. One lady was there for the 19th year. She said she comes once a year when her body tells her it needs to get away.

I tell everyone that will listen, if you want a jump start to a healthy lifestyle, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank glehman41
We loved having both of you here! Can't wait to have you both back again! Thanks for spreading the word!
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My sister & I went for the 3-day 2011 "May Madness" special & loved every minute. We're both mid-50s & had realistic expectations from a friend who said "it's more like a camp than a luxury spa". That was perfect for us. I was going for fitness & fun, not pampering. It was terrific; worth every penny! We found the 'down-home'ness of the staff so enjoyable. We were educated on nutrition, fed WAY better than we prepare for ourselves (nutritionally) and were astounded that on so little calories, with so much exertion, we didn't get hungry! I lost a little bit of weight during the few days & have lost MORE in the 5 weeks since - amazing! We had FUN with other guests - many our age, several retired, down to just graduated from college. Beautiful grounds, VERY upbeat attitudes of all staff. I hope to go back for at least a week a year. Some of the other guests go every year for a week; some for a month. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends

Start a fitness program
Change diet
get info on Diabeties diet
Reasons not to go..
To get pampered.. yes there is massage there.. but this is not a luxury spa.. (you can tell from the price that
it is not that).

There is plenty of staff if you want to be productive, if you are looking for someone to come to your room and drag you out of your room, you will not find this. This is a place for people to get motivated or are already motivated and want to work to better them selves. You get out of this was you want to put into it.

One review said that they were always hungry.. I ate plenty of food but if I wanted more there was always an unlimited salad bar during lunch and dinner and always snacks in the refridgerator available. This is not a place to get gourmet food but the food was good and I even left with the cookbooks that Belinda made and sells with her meals. The meals are posted ahead of time, and if you do not like what is being served she will make something else for you.

When I left TFS I was 191 LBS (down from 220 at the start of my weight loss) and my A1C was below 7. Six months later my A1C has stayed down and my weight has stayed inthe range of 191 to 195. So, I got the education and education that I needed.

The resort is built in an old park so the surrounds are nice.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FuseGlassArtist
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Hurricane Inn
Bear Inn
Bear Inn
#2 of 2 in Clifton
Hohenwald/Natchez Trace KOA

Been to Tennessee Fitness Spa? Share your experiences!