“Tennessee Fitness Spa”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waynesboro
Tennessee Fitness Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Waynesboro
Nashville, Tennessee
“Tennessee Fitness Spa”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Do you need a fitness jumpstart or make over? Do you honestly want to improve your health? I did and I decided to go to Tennessee Fitness Spa and it was the best money I ever spent.

What it is an incredible community dedicated to fitness and health. The trainers are incredible, the food amazing, the scenery so beautiful it will take you breath away. I left after 6 days losing 15 inches, 4 lbs and 4% body fat. I loved it so much I am going back.

What it isn't. The accomodations are fine not gorgeous, there is not a lot to do in the area, the only cell service if you get is is ATT (i brought a prepaid calling card), there is no wireless in your room just in the lounging area and there is no real spa on the grounds.

To me what this is is not a spa but an incredible fitness retreat with trainers dedicated to your success. So if that is what you looking for pack your bag, your determination and your sneakers and go to this incredible place. Tell Kimi Laurie sent you.

Room Tip: They are all different...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank realtylaurie

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Tennessee Fitness Spa is awesome. The fitness staff is knowledgeable, caring, and challenging; the accommodations were rustic yet convenient; and the atmosphere was relaxing an rural. A great place to go to get in shape and meet great people.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank pnweb
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 March 2012

If you check fitness spas nationwide you will find that the TFS is considerably cheaper than most. The setting is rural Tennessee and the infrastructure is rustic. Not plush, but perfectly adequate and very clean. Some of the common buildings are charming. There are lots of interesting features to the property: a wonderful natural bridge, wildflowers galore and leftover structures from a previous commercial venture. The food is low fat, low salt and low calorie for weight loss. The food tasted better as the week progressed. The fitness program is very diverse exposing one to many disciplines at one setting. Emphasis will vary per week. The week of my visit tai chi was highlighted. The fitness instructures are well trained and will push you without being "pushy." Because of a bad heel, i particularly enjoyed the water program.
In 5 days I lost 2.25 lbs and 4 inches, my wife lost 3 lbs and 7 inches. We used the TFS as a jumpstart. An added bonus is the 48 Creek along the property and I enjoyed two evenings of great smallmouth fishing.

Room Tip: Amenities vary as to size and cost of room, the smaller rooms do not have kitchenettes which are rea...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank faulkner2
RiverOcean
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Wonderful people. I've been 5 years and plan to go
every year. Very simple, peaceful, and great value.
I don't know of any place like it for the money, and
I always run into old friends from years past. The
employees are all dedicated, helpful, and will go out
of there way to assist guests. The food is simple and
filling and what a beautiful place to eat your meals sitting
along side a creek with beavers, birds, and an occasional
hail storm. The best part for me is that you are not
surrounded by people talking on their cell phones and you
can get a room with no television. It is all about fitness
and health after all. You get out of your stay what you
put into it.

Room Tip: Do without television and enjoy the peace and quiet at night.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Dallas, GA
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I just returned from a week at TFS and can't wait to go back. The setting was gorgeous, the workouts were challenging, the facility was immaculately clean, and the staff was warm and friendly. Everyone went out of their way to make sure the guests had everything they needed to be comfortable! I found the instructors to be highly trained and professional. They were eager to listen and answer questions. My only complaint is that the food, while good and nutritious, was not "great" (although some meals were definately better than others). All in all, it was an excellent investment in myself. I feel relaxed and invigorated. Like I said before, I really can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Trisha756
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I went to this fitness place to "jump start" getting back into exercise and healthier lifestyle. I read many reviews on tripadvisor before choosing it. It not only met my expectations but exceeded them. The instructors were knowledgable, inspirational and seemed to truly care.

In terms of the meals, I had the vegetarian selection and it did not disappoint. Things like stuffed eggplant, black bean burgers, etc.were very good. This staff was so friendly and accomodating. The portions were very large and I often shared some of mine with other guests that admired my vegetarian selections. There was always a large selection of fresh fruit to add to your breakfast choice. The lunch and supper meals always had a salad bar available. There are snacks if you feel you need one. I never did.

I never saw anything that wasn't clean and in order. All the buiildinhgs/facilities were well kept especially considering the wet swim suits, large amount of towel use, and sweaty workouts. The grounds were the same. Beautiful plants and gardens surround this campus. It was a pleasure to walk around or just sit and enjoy.

I loved everything about this place. The classes were wonderful, the grounds were gorgious and everyone there (be it staff or guests) so friendly and easy to get to know. You must be self motivated because they aren't going to chase you down to get you to the classes. If you go there to learn and improve your physical health which can also improve mental health, then you will attend all the classes you can. For me, this was definitely the place to get myself back on track and was so affordable compared to all other places Almost every guest I met had been there before; some had been several times. That speaks volumes for me. If you want to do something good for yourself, spend a week or two here. It was fun, hard work, relaxing, empowering and addictive. I hope to come back atleast once and hopefully twice a year.

If you pinned me down to come up with something lacking here I could only say toothpicks.

Room Tip: There are several different types of rooms. You can even bring your RV and get a different price.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank CarlaKes
TennFitSpa, Office assistant at Tennessee Fitness Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time here so much. We'd love to have you back again and again! And we promise to get you toothpicks!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I have been to many spas, including Canyon Ranch, Ojai and others and I go back to TFS every year. This is a "spa" for folks interested in making a serious lifestyle change without breaking the bank. Though there is a salon, massages etc, the value of the spa resides in the number and types of fitness classes from outdoor hikes to weight training aerobics, water workouts etc. along with delicious and nutricious food. In addition the staff and other guests are friendly, so this is an ideal place to travel solo. There are activities every night or you can hide out in your room, watch TV or hole up with your computer...you have choices. The staff is caring and competent. The location is beautiful and isolated - perfect to focus on those lifestyle changes. My last visit in May was for a month and I lost 16 lbs, 18 inches and 4% body fat - YEAH! and have continued the program to lose more weight and inches. I'll go back this October to get ready for my ski season.

The guest are all ages and fitness levels - some travelling in groups and some solo - most all are friendly and I have made long time friends here.

I highly recommend TFS to anyone wanting to effect a change for health and fitness and want some money left over to buy new clothes in your new size.

Room Tip: check out the web site - all accomodations are described
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank IreneKL
So glad to hear you had another great time here! Congrats on the losses! Can't wait to have you back!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
Hurricane Inn
#2 of 2 in Clifton
Fall Hollow Campground
Fall Hollow Campground
#1 of 3 in Hohenwald

Been to Tennessee Fitness Spa? Share your experiences!